Stranger's Reactions to your Clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cabl3 View Post
    not at all...I didnt even look that much into it when I typed it.
    by your standards then, even faust's initial comment can be interpreted as receiving the "gay" comment as an insult.
    ok then, i guess i was just being politically correct. Since I don't think someone saying gay aimed at you is an insult, saying lesbian back isn't one either. a slap is though. So I think you're wrong there.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

For the record, I was just being funny. Carry on with the fight.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• scott.m
        • Mar 2009

i was at some party tonight in the east village and this drunk girl starts rubbing my arms and touching me alot, she complimented me on my geller bag and my kumagai knit saying how nice it was, i blushed, thanked her and complimented her and went back to drinking. not always a negative reaction so i'm happy with that.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by scott.m View Post
          i was at some party tonight in the east village and this drunk girl starts rubbing my arms and touching me alot, she complimented me on my geller bag and my kumagai knit saying how nice it was, i blushed, thanked her and complimented her and went back to drinking. not always a negative reaction so i'm happy with that.
          And you didn't propose her to feel the softness of your Julius boxers.

Aaaaaawwww, what's wrong with kids today ?
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

May I ask you - was she ugly? Cause I'm not following the sequence of events.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Stack
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              That's exactly what I was thinking because that didn't make a lick of sense
              once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• cabl3
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                ok then, i guess i was just being politically correct. Since I don't think someone saying gay aimed at you is an insult, saying lesbian back isn't one either. a slap is though. So I think you're wrong there.
                Looking at it from that frame of reference then you are right (as I'd be hard pressed to find an example within any kind of context in which a slap would not be an insult...maybe if it had been a slap on the ass? lol ok i'll stop now).

I was just being funny though; when people think, ask me or my friends if I'm gay (it happens quite a bit, people are pretty ignorant when it comes to style in texas) I dont get offended at all. As you said, it's not an insult, rather a confusion that emotes from my apparent reason for dressing the way I do and the fact that they live under a rock.
                "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                - Wilde

Comment

• Nospheritu
                  • Jul 2009

First post, maybe take it with a grain of salt, but I wanted to chime in on the 'gay' comments as I also get that quite often.

I think that straight men in general react to this as an insult because of the tone used by the person accosting us, and the choice of insult is irrelevant at that point.

Basically the person calling me gay perceives it as an insult, and I will take it as one because of the intent behind the words, not the words themselves. If someone genuinely asks the question it's not insulting in the least... Why it is that men in general can't have a sense for style or fashion without people wondering?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ That is a good point. As to your last question, I think this is a much more American/Anglo phenomenon.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• scott.m
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      hahah lets just say she was not the top pick of the night, but i still wouldn't mind showing her some grandma+ cashmere undies ;) i'm just coming out of a relationship so i'm off my game

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                        • Jan 2007

Scott which girl was it?
                        Originally posted by jogu
                        i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• scott.m
                          • Mar 2009

the blonde girl i was talking to while you came in from the other room, by the alcohol

Comment

• Stack
                            • Jan 2008

hahah lets just say she was not the top pick of the night, but i still wouldn't mind showing her some grandma+ cashmere undies ;) i'm just coming out of a relationship so i'm off my game
                            When they're drunk, you don't need game. Just keep their cup full and you're good to go.
                            once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Ah, that's understandable. You'll pull through, I am sure.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• scott.m
                                • Mar 2009

well theres a number nine party tonight so round two i guess

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎