• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivans On High
    Banned
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JoniF
    Was she stylish?
    She was well dressed, though not necessarily my style (but they are few and far between here in Sydney). I don't know if I would say 'stylish', but that's open to interpretation I guess.

She was a great dancer though.

Comment

• Alesha
      • Apr 2009

Dropped by a lawyers party, there was an absolutely charming Versace rep present. She gave me a long look and went "well now we have a Mad Max 3 with us".

I was wearing Bbs boots and some Julius leather with RO basics.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
        She was well dressed, though not necessarily my style (but they are few and far between here in Sydney). I don't know if I would say 'stylish', but that's open to interpretation I guess.

She was a great dancer though.
        Should've told her how much the boots cost. Then she'd think you are rich.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

scooooore
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• C'est Fini
            • Sep 2009

Dare i say I got the sternest, almost fascist look from raf simons a few days back when we stood at arms length at premeir vision. He looked at my linea prototype like I was in beggars rags.(come to think of it its justified :P)

The guy radiates douche. Kind of a real disappointment as he used to be a favourite of mine. Now he prances around in his new(brioni-like) coats w/common projects with his 3 assistants trailing his 'holy' footsteps.

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
              If I actually saw Raf on the street, I would yell "sellout" after him, just as an reflex. And after that "what happened to your talent?"
              Really? Not "Neon gorilla army"?
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

"aye, keep it in the circus!"
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I met Susie Bubble during the fashion week. One of her entourage said he liked my coat (BBS) and asked whether it was by Damir Doma. I thought this was interesting - we have had the "BBS looks too much like Damir" debates, but honestly I do not think so, except the strings. Anyone care to revive it?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

Cant one say: DD looks too much like BBS looks too much like Julius too?
                    This debate is the reason why Boris stopped doing the tassles from next season on. And personally, i like Damirs stuff, but i own not one piece. It is mostly too clean for me and the cut is not fitting my body. I dont think it looks alike, put aside the tassle thing. I would even go so far and say they look totally different...at least imo...

btw. did you already post a waywt pic of it Faust? Cant remember that i have seen anyone wearing it in real life...

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I met Susie Bubble during the fashion week. One of her entourage said he liked my coat (BBS) and asked whether it was by Damir Doma. I thought this was interesting - we have had the "BBS looks too much like Damir" debates, but honestly I do not think so, except the strings. Anyone care to revive it?
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

No. Camera is ze broken. Waiting for Nikon to send it back to me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                        Cant one say: DD looks too much like BBS looks too much like Julius too?
                        This debate is the reason why Boris stopped doing the tassles from next season on. And personally, i like Damirs stuff, but i own not one piece. It is mostly too clean for me and the cut is not fitting my body. I dont think it looks alike, put aside the tassle thing. I would even go so far and say they look totally different...at least imo...
                        I'm with theaddict. I don't think the two are very similar at all. Fabrics and treatment processes differ greatly, as do signature silhouettes. In addition, I tend to associate BBS with a "rougher" aesthetic, whereas I would call DD's more romantic
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I agree with Sombre, the overall feel is just very different, rough and stout vs delicate and airy. the association might come from some of the detailing, but I don't think anyone reasonably familiar with both designers would actually mix many pieces up.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

they grew up together. draw your own conclusions, but damir was here first.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                              I agree with Sombre, the overall feel is just very different, rough and stout vs delicate and airy. the association might come from some of the detailing, but I don't think anyone reasonably familiar with both designers would actually mix many pieces up.
                              I agree as well. I was just trying to remember how this discussion got started. I think it was because the first season we saw from BBS was softer than the subsequent ones.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• STEALTH
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Magician View Post
                                Stranger's Reactions to your Clothes?
                                I live in Japan

The question is culturally irrelevant.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

Working...
                                X