Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adams
    • Nov 2010

curiously, last time I went to USA in 2006, I had blue hair and went to lots of places like San Diego, NYC, Las Vegas, LA and San Francisco, I had no problem with people... even in lost places around Vegas full of rednecks
    C'est dans le noir que l'on voit le plus de lumières.

Comment

• Lane
      • Aug 2010

Las Vegas would be most tolerable to that I think,

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

never get any questions about where i get my clothes; have achieved my goal of dressing "indistinguishably" from day to day.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
            "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
            of course the music was only in the heads of the insane.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CUTUP
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist
              my barber ( 100% scouse) said to me: that's a good looking coat mate, it's expensive right?

after a while, a 18 years old girl, "are you a psycho? you certainly look like one!"
              Ha

What Yohji grail did you have upon your person when that young women made such a comment?
              Originally posted by marco-von
              this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

not so much a stranger and moreso a friends reaction. she didnt understand how i browsed/shopped so often/compulsively when according to her everything i own is black.

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

homeless people in washington square park just before midnight:

"fuck you ya british cunt"
                  "are you in a cult?"
                  "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

^lol. (but isn't using the word 'cunt' as a derogatory term a very british thing to do?)

was out partying this weekend, lost an LUC hat and thought i'd never see it again.

wrong! somebody had just put it on a window sill and it had been sitting there for two days. i LOVE having stuff that nobody thinks is worth stealing. i've gotten wallets and all kinds of stuff back that i've lost. bling povera ftw.

Comment

• kuriz
                      • Nov 2010

Was out the other day shopping for christmas presents (certainly harder than it sounds). Wearing different things such as cheap h&m shoes, very tight jeans and a big, almost freemason-like cape from danish brand Barbara i Gongini. Then some girl stops me and ask where nightcreatures like me hang out because she want to avoid places like that - what kind of thing is that to say^^. Gave me a good laugh though

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

that certainly sounds like a very Copenhagen affair.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                          • Jan 2010

I've been pretty lucky. Most of my friends and family act like they like what I'm wearing, or at least think it's interesting.

I've been accused of being "The Devil" before in Seattle and that was when I was wearing Dries van Noten and my friend was wearing Comme des Garçons. That actually made me very happy. I was once called "the prettiest girl in Seattle" which, if true, is a very sad thing, as I'm not at all feminine besides maybe being slight. Of course, I've been called a fag for what I've been wearing but that hasn't ever bothered me.

I've also been asked on a few occasions if I'm in a band or what band am I in, which is kind of flattering, since I've always wanted to be in a band. Most of the time people just ask what I'm wearing or where it came from. Most of my friends don't follow any of this fashion so it's nice when they are genuinely interested in it.
                          THE HOUSE OF DIS
                          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

i dress rather conservatively so i don't get a lot of comments from strangers. however, when i wear something new to work, my co-workers usually ask where i get this stuff. i always tell them off ebay or some guy from japan..

i never tell them about how much it costs or where i get it. because they will freak out and say "you shop at where? but that place is so expensive. how much did you spend on those shoes? holy shit?"

not even to family members do i reveal how much things cost. i think it will ruin relationships..

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                              not even to family members do i reveal how much things cost. i think it will ruin relationships..
                              I think you're absolutely right. I did that mistake once with some friends from university. I was extremely happy as it was my first Ann piece and basically my first real designer possession, after a year of looking at beatiful things on the internet. I was feeling so proud of myself and all that and, in my enthusiasm, I somehow managed to reveal how much it cost. Now the first thing they ask me if I get something new is how much it costs, and I absolutely hate this.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                                i dress rather conservatively so i don't get a lot of comments from strangers. however, when i wear something new to work, my co-workers usually ask where i get this stuff. i always tell them off ebay or some guy from japan..

i never tell them about how much it costs or where i get it. because they will freak out and say "you shop at where? but that place is so expensive. how much did you spend on those shoes? holy shit?"

Here is what you do. Start asking all of your coworkers where they bought this or that. Then start shaming them into supporting sweatshops. Do that for a month or so, and then you'll be Ok.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎