X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mizzar
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
    I loled at that. They were singing in russian? I hate that word personally, and I broke at least a single jaw with ashtray when someone used in my regards.
    Of course they were singing in Russian. It's Kiev. 90% of population here spoke russian... or some very perverted dialect of.

And being a baller with bodyguards is a nice option
    ____
    sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

yeah that contradictory situation gerry encountered has been a pretty constant part of my life as well...oh well, 'neither here nor there,' just the way i like it
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Kys
        • Jan 2009

Over here in Asia, we still get the occasional stares from the elder folks. Like "What the hell is that boy wearing!? he must be on drugs" etc... I still get a bit of that from my parents. My dad has gotten to the point that he refuses to leave the house with me if i'm wearing anything dark/gothic. The ridicule i receive is sometimes a bit demoralizing but in the end of the day, I know im swagging on these commoners.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

I think clothes by the likes of Rick Owens and Number (N)ine don't translate very well to a societal setting of southeast Asia ex-Japan. Wearing a hood or anything out of proportion and deformed, like you said, it usually has connotations of serious rebellion, possible drug and other unwholesome issues that stray from the very typical, middle of the road, middle everything definition of collective acceptability. If anything, the education system here is defined by cultivating complacency, mediocrity, timidity under the guise of anonymity and humility. No wonder people complain about the kids needing to be more creative - when you instill the values that they should walk through childhood right into a dead-end office cubicle auditing balance sheets, how are you supposed to cultivate another dick?
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• BeauIXI
            • Nov 2008

^ Dick spawns dick. No timidity, no number crunching- simple formula.

It's weird that someone would call you out for wearing tight jeans or a hood. Those, to me, aren't really a symbol of rebellion, rather just a simple matter of preference.

My girlfriend and I were talking about this the other day. When people interpret what you wear as being indicative of homosexuality, they'll call you gay, when people notice your long hair, they call you a girl, when people see you running, they instinctively blurt "run Forrest", but what about when you're wearing something so new and rare, that they have no idea what to say? There's no real like, pre-chewed witticism that someone can throw out there, so what? They just say "what the hell?" and leave it at that?

The Sith joke was funny at first, and I'm sure that to people who experience someone wearing a cloak, for instance, for the first time, it seems pretty witty to make like they're shooting lightning out of their digits, but the real joke is how they have no idea how overplayed it really is, worldwide. I just think it's amazing how many dads think it's their place to criticize the wardrobes of young men.
            Originally posted by philip nod
            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
              ^ Dick spawns dick. No timidity, no number crunching- simple formula.

It's weird that someone would call you out for wearing tight jeans or a hood. Those, to me, aren't really a symbol of rebellion, rather just a simple matter of preference.

My girlfriend and I were talking about this the other day. When people interpret what you wear as being indicative of homosexuality, they'll call you gay, when people notice your long hair, they call you a girl, when people see you running, they instinctively blurt "run Forrest", but what about when you're wearing something so new and rare, that they have no idea what to say? There's no real like, pre-chewed witticism that someone can throw out there, so what? They just say "what the hell?" and leave it at that?

The Sith joke was funny at first, and I'm sure that to people who experience someone wearing a cloak, for instance, for the first time, it seems pretty witty to make like they're shooting lightning out of their digits, but the real joke is how they have no idea how overplayed it really is, worldwide. I just think it's amazing how many dads think it's their place to criticize the wardrobes of young men.
              They'll still call you gay.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Thank you for the clarification. ^^

CCP should make blinders and MA+ should make earplugs.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

CCP makes blinders for your wallet.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
                    • Nov 2008

You wearin' a fencing jacket in your swivel chair? Touché, doctor.

Comment

• NON
                      • Apr 2009

i think this touches a bit on how you wear the clothing or how the clothing wears you- and how you carry yourself in the clothes. usually your wear what you want to communicate which hopefully is informed by more than ‘fashion’ or ‘style’. if that picture isnt fully formed it becomes insincere and i think its more likely people will pick up on that and make some comment. people make judgement calls based on stereotypes, its hard to sidestep if other people are naive.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Nailed it, Merz.

Comment

• NON
                          • Apr 2009

dramatic prairie dog = essence of boyd

Comment

• jcotteri
                            • Jun 2008

once someone said "look at that guys shoes"
                            WTB: This

Comment

• justine
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                              once someone said "look at that guys shoes"
                              Reminds me the comment of a co-worked on my ccp oxford: "don't you think it's time to buy new shoes?"

Comment

• Nullsleep
                                • May 2008

Waiting for the bus today ...

Guy passing by: "You look like Dracula."
                                Me: "Dracula?"
                                Guy: "Yeah, I don't know why. It's a compliment."
                                Me: "Thanks."
                                Guy: "You don't draw blood or anything, do you?"
                                Me: "No, just a student."
                                Guy: "Ok, cool. Take care."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎