Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

boogieman, general recommendation for Guidi is 2 sizes up, so these should fit.

Comment

• nictan
      • Jul 2009

^ funnily though, i know that rule. but most guidis 995 i see around in a 42 the measurements seem to fit me. being 29.5-30cm in outsole length.

Comment

• mrmrhing
        • Feb 2010

^Guidi outsole is not a good way to as reference.
        As the flat toe box you need longer sole length.
        unless your toes is flat like a sheet.
        Also different model may have slightly different, I am ok in 44 998 but 44 995 is too small for me, btw I am size 42

Comment

• nictan
          • Jul 2009

hmm my feet measure 26cm exactly. and so far, every single yahooauction.jp guidi 995 size 42 says outsole 30cm, fits 26cm-26.5cm.

im currently looking for 995s too, so are 42s really too small for me?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by nictan View Post
            hmm my feet measure 26cm exactly. and so far, every single yahooauction.jp guidi 995 size 42 says outsole 30cm, fits 26cm-26.5cm.

im currently looking for 995s too, so are 42s really too small for me?
            For the backzips (eg 988), size up 1.5-2

For the laced boots (eg 995), sizing up 1 should be fine.

These are based on my experiences trying on Guidis. That said, I still find differences among different batches.

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

thanks Y. i guess i should be fine with a guidi 995 42 then, especially given the fact that they will stretch alil after a few wears.

Comment

• raskolnikovboogie
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
                I agree with this.

I did size up 2 in my backzips but could have sized up just 1 if I wanted, but nothing less.
                I have sized up in my laced boots, besides the ones I have in sheepskin which did hurt for a week and then stretched out ( bought them TTS)

For the derbies I did also size up 1 and it's perfectly fine.
                That's what I was afraid of. The 46 is probably to big for me in that case. Dang.

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

I got 2 sizes in my laced ankle boot, I have high arches and still have trouble getting them on sometimes.

Comment

• sshum88
                    • Dec 2007

The mystery continues but I highly recommend trying these on before buying (recognize that it's not an option for a lot of people here). If not, I think the outsole measurement is the only other way to gauge whether or not a pair will fit.

I recently purchased a pair of back zip cordovans in size 43. The same store also had the lace up boot in kangaroo in size 43. The lace ups were a full size smaller than the back zips and I couldn't even get my feet into them.

The back zips have stretched now such that I need to wear these with an insole. As other posters have said in the past, they should fit snug and after a few wears, they will stretch...this may also depend on the leather used.

As reference I wear MA+ 42 and most of my footwear is around 30cm.

Originally posted by mrmrhing View Post
                    ^Guidi outsole is not a good way to as reference.
                    As the flat toe box you need longer sole length.
                    unless your toes is flat like a sheet.
                    Also different model may have slightly different, I am ok in 44 998 but 44 995 is too small for me, btw I am size 42
                    Originally posted by eat me
                    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• beardown
                      rekoner
                      • Feb 2009

Depends on the heel height apparently. Swami may be able to tell you more but my experience is that the higher heel fits fit more like one size over your normal shoe size, which is about 1.5-2 sizes smaller than the lace ups.

If it's a normal sized heel, you're probably best to go with the same size you wear in lace ups or one-half size under.

Complicated at best...always get an outer sole measurement before you buy if you can't try them on. That's not always a guarantee but it'll keep you from getting them too small at least.
                      Originally posted by mizzar
                      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Fenderman
                        • Feb 2009

How do Stephan Schneider blazers fit?
                        Especially from SS10...

Normally I'm size 4 in his outerwear/jackets.
                        I'm asking, because I've heard, that they fit very slim...?

Thanks!

Comment

• Pinoy
                          • Dec 2006

can anyone share how paul harnden blazers fit? i'm a large 48/small 50 and am currently debating between a sz M and sz L. i like my blazers fitted but am worried the sz M might be too small?

if it helps at all, i'm specifically looking at the pocket blazer.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                            • Mar 2007

PH fits

My experience is that it depends on the style, and even the season.
                            For eg, current season's Mens Blazer in S fits me just nice. But when I tried the New Mens Blazer in S, it was too big.
                            Another eg, was in Barneys NY in Tokyo, tried on a leather/suede Mens Blazer in LARGE, and it fitted me perfect!

Comment

• Pinoy
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                              My experience is that it depends on the style, and even the season.
                              For eg, current season's Mens Blazer in S fits me just nice. But when I tried the New Mens Blazer in S, it was too big.
                              Another eg, was in Barneys NY in Tokyo, tried on a leather/suede Mens Blazer in LARGE, and it fitted me perfect!
                              Oh man... that's not reassuring! ABS, what size do you normally wear?

Have you tried on any pieces from SS10?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                                • Mar 2007

/\

Am a 44/46.
                                Only ss10 ph piece i've tried is a hopscotch pocket blazer in m....it was too large on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎