X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eton97
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
    can anyone share how paul harnden blazers fit? i'm a large 48/small 50 and am currently debating between a sz M and sz L. i like my blazers fitted but am worried the sz M might be too small?

looks like you are stuck right on the cusp of Medium and Large sizing for PH...I woulld guess I am the same size as you - i don't have a single PH blazer in sz L.....all my mediums vary slightly from pretty fitted (this seasons classic tweed blazer) to perfectly fitted - but nothing is too small that I can't do it up or feel restricted...i think sz large might swamp you......pretty tricky without you trying one first unfortunately
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Autoportrait
      • Oct 2010

Tried this DRKSHDW jacket on in a Small while in London -

It's continuing to haunt me. The best price I can find online is for a medium. I'm 5' 6'' (166cm) but even the Small was extremely fitting in the arms and rode up pretty high at the back (same with the model in that link). Looked a bit squashed IMO. Would a medium swing too far in the other direction?

Any thoughts from seasoned RO wearers?
      Thanks
      ...with extreme prejudice

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

If you felt the small was too small, go for the medium.
        You can always get alternations done from bigger to smaller but you cannot necessarily do the opposite. If you have to err in one direction, go up, always.
        Having said that, at 5'6" you're more suited for a small than a medium unless you have other proportion issues. that Jacket is cut to be fitted right at the waist.

I wouldn't put too much stock into Ssense's model fits. They make clothing (just about every brand) look horrible because of how ill fitting it is on their models. They need to go up one full size on every single product shown on their site in my opinion.
        I get claustrophobic just looking at products over there.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Matis
          • Feb 2010

Yes, Auto you should go for a medium if the s feels too tight, and alter it if necessary, maybe the sleeves will be a bit long assuming you are 166. Go for it, it is a nice jacket.

I never noticed before how tight clothing on ssense models looks, never paid much attention on the site, but damn the hand position looks like they gonna do the salute soon.
          Last edited by Matis; 10-28-2010, 06:06 AM. Reason: more appropriate word

Comment

• en0rm
            • May 2010

Augusta sizing...

okay so im looking into getting a pair of Augustas and im abit concerned about the sizing.
            in most shoes and boots Im a 45 but i would say my feet are more of a large 45 or 46.
            i went to the local shop as they got the aw10 augustas in, but they only got up to size 44 anyway i had a look at the low ankle boot and tried to stick my foot in it but i had absolutely no chance, it was tiny also for a 44

so my question is, do augustas usually run really small ?
            which size would you recommend? does augusta even make them in my size?

thanks

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

augusta does not run small. generally quite the opposite.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• eckblk
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                augusta does not run small. generally quite the opposite.
                +1

in my experience either TTS or 1 size big, depending on sole and toebox.
                I have noticed on the TTS ones I've owned or own, they can run narrow.

Comment

• en0rm
                  • May 2010

Thanks for the quick replies. Thats also what i was thinking, that augustas are more one the large side, hence my confusion. There might have just been a mistake or that partikular boot was just cut really small.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

Hi people,

I'm very interested in buying a pair of Lost&Found pants, but I'm not sure about the sizing since I've never tried anything from the brand. I'm usually wearing M in pants. Should I go for M in this case too ?
                    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

tops/outerwear are slightly large if anything but pants are TTS in my experience.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                        • Mar 2009

Thanks a lot, Kunk

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

^good luck, I really like the stuff I've purchase thus far. Nice construction, materials, etc.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

In the current L&F season, a pair of heavy canvas drop crotch trousers measured 45cm across the waist in size M, so they fit slightly roomy imo. might vary depending on the cut though.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

^yeah, i was thinking the more trad pants. I have medium which fits a 33 waist spot on.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                                • Mar 2009

Lowrey, those are the ones I just ordered. M being the smallest size available at Antonioli I'll give them a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎