Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PoubelleMaBelle
    • Feb 2012

silly perhaps but when referring to ccp shoe sizing:::: fitting a 43 'with insole'... does that mean the original insole provided with the boot or an additional insole on top of that one?

foot is ~27cm; just trying to see if i can manage a 9 (thinking it's perhaps too large)

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by PoubelleMaBelle View Post
      silly perhaps but when referring to ccp shoe sizing:::: fitting a 43 'with insole'... does that mean the original insole provided with the boot or an additional insole on top of that one?

foot is ~27cm; just trying to see if i can manage a 9 (thinking it's perhaps too large)
      if your foot is 27cm you need a 7 or 8 in CCP,
      the insoles that come with CCP shoes are pretty much useless. better to buy some insoles or take the noes from your old sneakers which is a really good way to go
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
        • Feb 2012

thanks zamb

damn voice of reason

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
          • Dec 2012

help with Ann D. and RO boots sizing

hello everyone,
          this is my first post here (well, beside introducing myself in the specific thread for that). I have browsed through this thread looking for answers concerning boots sizings but I'm not sure I found the answers I need (extremely long thread...), so, here are my two concerns :

1- RO boots:

during my last trip to Paris I went to the RO store and tried some similar boots there (they didnt have the ones I wanted at the store). I asked the salesperson if RO boots were italian sizing or european sizing, but apparently she didn't know. I tried sizes 43 and 42, and I came to the conclusion they were italian sizes (since they are manufactured in Italy, it makes sense), meaning one size less than the "standard" european sizing. I normally use size 43 in "regular / french" sizing. Size 42 on the boots I tried were ok for me. I then went on an ordered on-line the boots I wanted -grey sueded spiral zip- size 42... but, oh surprise, they were too big for me, so I had to return them.
          do any of you guys know if the boots might fit in size 41? I'm kinda surprised of the different sizings, since the ones I tried at the store, even if not the same model yet similar, did fit in size 42...

2- Ann Dem boots.

a few months ago I tried those in eu. 43, which is my regular "european/french" size, but I later discovered the sizing in Ann Dem shoes is italian sizing too, meaning 1 size below. So my question is: do you think a 42 will fit? or like with the RO boots I might have to go 2 sizes down to 41?
          in terms of actual clothes, ann D sizes rather large, I am 1m74 tall and 74kg, and for sweaters and coats "S" is my size. Don't know about the shoes...
          thanks for any help you can provide !!
          cheers.

Comment

• Jan 2011

Has anyone purchased the bbs bamba trainers? I see someone above thought they fit slightly small. If I'm normally a 43-43.5 what size would you recommend?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
              2- Ann Dem boots.

a few months ago I tried those in eu. 43, which is my regular "european/french" size, but I later discovered the sizing in Ann Dem shoes is italian sizing too, meaning 1 size below. So my question is: do you think a 42 will fit? or like with the RO boots I might have to go 2 sizes down to 41?
              in terms of actual clothes, ann D sizes rather large, I am 1m74 tall and 74kg, and for sweaters and coats "S" is my size. Don't know about the shoes...
              thanks for any help you can provide !!
              cheers.
              I'm unable to answer your question, but I'm pretty sure there is no "Italian" shoe size - its the same as the rest of Europe.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by 888 View Post
                Has anyone purchased the bbs bamba trainers? I see someone above thought they fit slightly small. If I'm normally a 43-43.5 what size would you recommend?
                if you are talking about the first iteration of bamba's they fit slightly big.

Comment

• Jan 2011

I mean the aw12 bamba3. If it fits slightly big that is perfect.

Comment

• avout
                    • Nov 2011

Does anyone know if the sizing on these drkshdw tanks is the same as on the mainline dickflap tanks? My mainline tank in S fits like an XS.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      I'm unable to answer your question, but I'm pretty sure there is no "Italian" shoe size - its the same as the rest of Europe.
                      unfortunately there is no standardization, and french sizes may very well sometimes be 1-1.5 sizes smaller than italian - it's not the first time i've heard it, and i've seen conversion tables that show it that way too. (as well as ones that don't...)

> nomadic: what's strange though is that the rick boots you tried were inconsistent - i've NEVER had to change size in rick footwear - always a 42 (italian...). even with both leather- and rubber soles...
                      Last edited by Shucks; 01-02-2013, 12:02 PM. Reason: 'smaller', not 'bigger'...

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

I tried on some Rick boots recently that we're a healty size larger than marked, so I know it happens. All a crap shoot frankly...always ask the retailer for suggestion when you can (which I know is not possible with yoox, etc...but worth finding another site who carries the same boot).
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          unfortunately there is no standardization, and french sizes may very well sometimes be 1-1.5 sizes bigger than italian - it's not the first time i've heard it, and i've seen conversion tables that show it that way too. (as well as ones that don't...)

> nomadic: what's strange though is that the rick boots you tried were inconsistent - i've NEVER had to change size in rick footwear - always a 42 (italian...). even with both leather- and rubber soles...
                          thanx guys for your answers. And as Shucks says, I'm pretty sure there is an italian sizing for shoes, which is generally 1 size bigger than the standard french size. I bought many shoes in France since I lived there more than 10 years, and my (french) size has always been 43. I tried the Ann Dem boots sz 43 and they were too big for me. Many people told me there was an italian sizing that was bigger than the french. and there are many conversion tables floating around on the web, like this one (in french) : http://www.chaussures-italiennes.fr/...s-tailles.html

So my advice when buying online is to check this out with caution, as many sites do not distinguish between european and italian sizings, but in my experience there is one

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            I tried on some Rick boots recently that we're a healty size larger than marked, so I know it happens. All a crap shoot frankly...always ask the retailer for suggestion when you can (which I know is not possible with yoox, etc...but worth finding another site who carries the same boot).
                            thanks Dane, that's reassuring... I decided to buy those RO boots sz 41, hope they'll fit... otherwise I'll have to resell them, bnwt. (I haven't found any other site that sells those boots in grey.... found them in black elsewhere but not interested)
                            Last edited by Nomadic Planet; 01-02-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• qazwsx
                              • Feb 2012

Im about to cop with this BBS blazer from 10f/w
                              Does anyone know how the fit is?

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

The seller is telling me size M fits a 44 - small 46...
                              "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by qazwsx View Post
                                Im about to cop with this BBS blazer from 10f/w
                                Does anyone know how the fit is?

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

The seller is telling me size M fits a 44 - small 46...
                                why don't you ask for measurements?
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎