X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Not sure about women's sizing (if different than men's), but 3 sizes sounds excessive. I went up one size and thought that maybe I should have stuck with my original size or maybe up 1/2 after wearing them for a while.

They seem ridiculously tight at first, but as long as the footbed/insole fits you (ie - is long enough), they'll stretch to accommodate.

Hopefully one of the female members can give some input.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• sixledge
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by littleyogoni View Post
      Women's Guidi sizing help!

I'm about to order a pair of 988 in soft horse, I'm normally a 36.5 and 37, never went beyond 37. Rick Owens 36, Ann Dem 36 or 36.5, Marsell 36, MMM 37, what should I get for 988? I was told to get a 40, but I never heard go up 3 sizes...very confused now...please help!
      Most size up with Guidi as you were told.

Guidi is a narrow fit especially in the toe box so if you have a wide foot it may very well take three sizes up. If your foot is narrow it may fit more TTS.

However, whenever ordering quidi I get an insole/outsole measurement of the particular shoe in question as they all fit a bit different, which I would advise to do if you are able.

Comment

• modalsaliency
        • May 2010

Get insole/outsole measurements and unless sirens and red flags begin going off, size up only one. Anything more and they'll be too large after stretching. Calf/pig especially.

About the narrow toebox, it's a common men's complaint, but of the four girls I know who have 2+ guidi, none have ever noticed it. I don't know what combination of the shoes or the feet are designed differently, but there you go.

Comment

• littleyogoni
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          Not sure about women's sizing (if different than men's), but 3 sizes sounds excessive. I went up one size and thought that maybe I should have stuck with my original size or maybe up 1/2 after wearing them for a while.

They seem ridiculously tight at first, but as long as the footbed/insole fits you (ie - is long enough), they'll stretch to accommodate.

Hopefully one of the female members can give some input.
          Thanks Dane! I know Rick, Ann, Marsell all run big, but 4 sizes bigger than these that I'm not convinced...I was told by a Guidi assistant to get 40 or 40.5

Comment

• littleyogoni
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by sixledge View Post
            Most size up with Guidi as you were told.

Guidi is a narrow fit especially in the toe box so if you have a wide foot it may very well take three sizes up. If your foot is narrow it may fit more TTS.

However, whenever ordering quidi I get an insole/outsole measurement of the particular shoe in question as they all fit a bit different, which I would advise to do if you are able.
            My foot isn't too wide I think? It's about 8.5 to 9cm across the ball part..

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Thanks Dane! I know Rick, Ann, Marsell all run big, but 4 sizes bigger than these that I'm not convinced...I was told by a Guidi assistant to get 40 or 40.5
              The advice above to get the insole measurement is sound advice. You can then compare it to something you already own. Outsole measurements are useless imo.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• littleyogoni
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                The advice above to get the insole measurement is sound advice. You can then compare it to something you already own. Outsole measurements are useless imo.
                I sorta measured myself, my bigger foot is almost 24cm and most of my boots have around 24.5cm insoles. I will go to a store to confirm the measurements.

Comment

• littleyogoni
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by modalsaliency View Post
                  Get insole/outsole measurements and unless sirens and red flags begin going off, size up only one. Anything more and they'll be too large after stretching. Calf/pig especially.

About the narrow toebox, it's a common men's complaint, but of the four girls I know who have 2+ guidi, none have ever noticed it. I don't know what combination of the shoes or the feet are designed differently, but there you go.
                  Will get them measured. Thank you!

Comment

• hluu5
                    • Jan 2013

Incarnation Leather jacket

I was thinking of getting this Incarnation jacket from YJP http://parablesydney.com/incarnation-horse-double-zip/
                    i am a big 44 to a slim 46. Which size should I go for guys?

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

can someone tell me how MMM sneakers fit? the german army trainers i guess. i think they run big, right? a 44 should buy a 43? or is that totally wrong...
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                        can someone tell me how MMM sneakers fit? the german army trainers i guess. i think they run big, right? a 44 should buy a 43? or is that totally wrong...
                        Sneakers run true to size.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2011

some people say they fit small but they are definitely true to size

Comment

• joie
                            • Sep 2010

Women's Guidi sizing help!

I'm about to order a pair of 988 in soft horse, I'm normally a 36.5 and 37, never went beyond 37. Rick Owens 36, Ann Dem 36 or 36.5, Marsell 36, MMM 37, what should I get for 988? I was told to get a 40, but I never heard go up 3 sizes...very confused now...please help!
                            littleyogoni,

I wear a size 37.5 in RO, MMM, 37 in ann and marsell. My feet length measurement corresponds to US 6.5/7 but I have wide feet so I tend to size half to one size up.

Most of the guidi footwear i have are size 38.
                            That said, there was a pair (forgot the model number) it's the tall boots with front zipper...those ran really small so size 39 was perfect.

in another model, the 6010 tall wedges, i have them in a size 38 but i feel i could have sized down to 37.5 because it'll stretch out eventually.

i have tried on the taller version of the boots you are inquiring about, size 38 was a good fit, size 39 was too long in length.

If you need help with other styles, I'm happy to help.

I hope the shoes work out for you. :)

Comment

• spacetaekwon
                              • Jan 2011

Boris Bidjan Sneaker Sizing: Bamba2

Was wondering how these fit. Are these tts or run larger/smaller?

I'm usually a 42, sometimes 41...

Would a 41 in these fit me?

Thanks.

Comment

• fireflygrave
                                • Aug 2012

sizing help for someone who has no Name brand shoes

So I'm new to buying designer footwear, and I have no idea what size I am/should be in any of the various nice brands of boots. I've owned boots before, but all the shoes that I have for sizing reference are common or cheap brands. I.e.; when I see posts about, for example, ann d sizing and comparing it to mmm gats, or carpe boots, I don't know what that means in terms of the sizing. I am thinking about some guidi backzips (988 ms was what I was specifically looking at, in black horse if that helps). Looking at various stockist's sizing charts, it seems like I would want a 44. I wear an 8 in Docs and an 8-8.5 in hi top chucks. Any help or even just pointing in the right direction would be great :)
                                put a tiger in your tank

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎