X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rem05
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
    ^ Could some of your measurement request been lost in translation?
    I think so too. It just way off. But they saying "Please understand that DEVOA items are hard to measure because of their unique patterns".
    I am not sure what they mean by that, because the coat itself is quite simple. It's two button washi/cotton coat from SS12.

Comment

• eleven crows
      • Mar 2011

Lots of Devoa ignorance. The two button coats have larger measurements as they're topcoats, not a long jacket.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

anyone tried on any SS13 bbs pants? how are they fitting? i know there will be some variation but in general how are they running? i vary from l to xl, and not sure what will work this season...
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• jskidder1
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
          anyone tried on any SS13 bbs pants? how are they fitting? i know there will be some variation but in general how are they running? i vary from l to xl, and not sure what will work this season...
          you're most likely gonna want the xl. i have 2 pair from this season (p11 & p13) and have checked out measurements from some others, and all are running smaller than last season. i have several pairs from spring in both xs and s, and the smalls i have from fall are both smaller than anything i have from last season.

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

cool man thank you!
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

This isn't so much a question as it is an observation.. but has anyone else noticed that the sizing on this seasons DRKSHDW drop crotch / pod shorts is very strange?

I've tried two pairs, the heavier and lighter jersey, both in size S, and they were gigantic. I'm a 50/L, and I was swimming in these. The length is obviously supposed to be long and baggy, but even the waist was huge, the S would easily stretch to fit a 52/XL. The S pretty much looked like the modeled ones here, which according to LN-CC are an L on a guy my size.

Do they just make the same ones and tag different sizes for fun or what?

I tried the mainline pod shorts, and while they fit big as well, at least there is a difference between sizes. as a 50 I was able to fit 46, 48 was already roomy and 50 was too big and kind of lost the cool silhouette.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

Thats pretty much what BBS does. Make a bunch of garments all different sizes then slaps on the size tags picking out from a hat. Nothing ive ever owned from him fits TTS. One pair of pants fit a size big, one pair of pants fit a size small, oen pair of pants fits two sizes small, a t shirt fits two sizes big

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

good to know, I was going to order some soon.

why do lncc post measurements of the model and not the actual garment??
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• eleven crows
                    • Mar 2011

They have the measurements of some pieces. There's no method to it.

Comment

• modalsaliency
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                      Lots of Devoa ignorance. The two button coats have larger measurements as they're topcoats, not a long jacket.
                      No, they have larger measurements just because they have larger measurements (as of a few seasons ago). I owned the one from the current S/S (which I've since returned) and it's easily a full size larger than the same model from two year prior. You can say it's an intentional layering thing, but there's no difference between the S/S and F/W models and it doesn't explain the increase from year to year. Devoa has simply been getting larger, in everything except tailored formalwear and leather jackets.

Also, for what it's worth, I have the measurements for the next season of F/W that's on preorder right now and it's a reversal of the trend. Size 1 of the coats (mostly highnecks this time around) is a true 44 again. Daisuke has also commented that this is intentional and he'll be going back to the old sizing.

Comment

• eleven crows
                        • Mar 2011

Every two button coat has fit large. I've got one from 09-10 A/W and it's huge. Check measurements on them from any season. Other models, such as the cashmere halfcoat from 2010-11, are cut much slimmer. Do you eally think Daisuke's made the mistake of cutting one particular piece large since the label's birth?

Comment

• modalsaliency
                          • May 2010

I don't know what to tell you. Yes, it's the nature of the beast that jackets and halfcoats are naturally cut slimmer than coats. That doesn't speak to the same model increasing in size.

I returned the current season two-button coat, but ABS has a size 1 up in classifieds with a 53cm PtP measurement. Going by memory, that sounds about right. My S/S 11 in the same size is 48cm. I returned it for a reason.

The original size 1 2-button coat was a true 44. The current one isn't.

The two-button isn't being produced for F/W 14 but I have measurements from the upcoming season's highneck coat and the current one, and there's a 4cm difference between them in shoulders. Devoa has used new sizing for the last 1.5 years or so for most outerwear.

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

You don't need to tell me anything. I'm saying that the two button coat has always been roomy. As I stated, the one I have is a very early model, possibly the first iteration, and it's even larger than the more recent versions.

The new sesons coat doesn't come into play here - the other coats are, and always have been, slim.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              This isn't so much a question as it is an observation.. but has anyone else noticed that the sizing on this seasons DRKSHDW drop crotch / pod shorts is very strange?

I've tried two pairs, the heavier and lighter jersey, both in size S, and they were gigantic. I'm a 50/L, and I was swimming in these. The length is obviously supposed to be long and baggy, but even the waist was huge, the S would easily stretch to fit a 52/XL. The S pretty much looked like the modeled ones here, which according to LN-CC are an L on a guy my size.

Do they just make the same ones and tag different sizes for fun or what?

I tried the mainline pod shorts, and while they fit big as well, at least there is a difference between sizes. as a 50 I was able to fit 46, 48 was already roomy and 50 was too big and kind of lost the cool silhouette.

there is never sizing consistency between drkdshdw and mainline (drkshdw TENDS to be sized one size up, but i've learnt to never count on it...). this even goes for garments of identical cut, as you've noticed, and there's definitely also some randomness in each line. i have pod shorts and drop crotch pants in all kinds of sizes...

i don't know why it's like this - i just know it makes life difficult for online customers, as i mentioned in another thread.

Comment

• Jan 2011

Every Devoa piece I've owned seemed to fit slightly large. FWIW I'm usually a 48 and I've swtiched to buying from 3 to 2 in Devoa.

Originally posted by hluu5 View Post
                                Anyone knows how Incarnation Leather Jacket sizing run? is it TTS or small? It seems the measurement they posted on parable runs a bit small to size right?
                                I bought one size up in my Incarnation leather. Fits me just right.

Originally posted by spacetaekwon View Post
                                Boris Bidjan Sneaker Sizing: Bamba2

Was wondering how these fit. Are these tts or run larger/smaller?

I'm usually a 42, sometimes 41...

Would a 41 in these fit me?

Thanks.
                                They fit way small. You'd be better off in a 43 than a 41.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎