X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chim
    • Dec 2006

Re: Leather Blazer

well, blackscissors' price, options and custom measurements ability seems hard to beat, compared to an actual made to measure custom leatherworker ;)

i have a jacket from them coming in soon, will post a review when I get it.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

What?! Doesn't that defeat the whole point of custom made?

[/quote]

A fair number of places will do this, and a few even do it very well, but you need to be extremely careful about measurements. If you have a good local tailor, he is far more likely to measure you correctly than you are to do it yourself.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="Faust"]

What?! Doesn't that defeat the whole point of custom made?

[/quote]

A fair number of places will do this, and a few even do it very well, but you need to be extremely careful about measurements. If you have a good local tailor, he is far more likely to measure you correctly than you are to do it yourself.

[/quote]

I just feel that it's one of those instances (which are becoming very rare, for better or worse) where the experience outweighs the amount of money saved.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

I just feel that it's one of those instances (which are becoming very rare, for better or worse) where the experience outweighs the amount of money saved.

[/quote]

If I remember correctly, the Black Scissors custom jackets are around $350-400. They appear to be doing very high production for their pricing, I was surprised they do MTM at all. I'm not sure I agree, with stuff that cheap.

I do occasionally wear a leather blazer, but it's one of those pieces I have to be really careful about. It's this wonderful brown/brick read Un Solo Mondo short blazer with fairly heavy distressing, skinny lapels, and really high armholes. Worn with jeans and a t-shirt I'd probably veer right into the douchebag fratboy look, but with skinny black pants, and a white shirt, it can be fun.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

They're about $300. I'm having one made now that I designed myself...I figured what the hell, I'll try it out. [75]
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• sinnah
              • Feb 2007

DRKSHDW washed canvas jackets

Hey guys,

anybody know how the fit is on drkshdw washedcanvas jackets?

specifically this one? http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/DRKSHD...s/searchResult

I'm kinda iffy about pulling the trigger on the XL, I have a 42 inch chest and from past experience it seems like these jackets run small.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                • Jun 2007

Re: DRKSHDW washed canvas jackets

I'd say the Large would have the fit you would be looking for on the shoulders but it will be snug when button up. The XL is a safe bet if you plan on buttoning it up most of the time. However, the seam on the shoulder would droop down toward the arm a bit, which would look terrible and it would matter to me more. This jacket is mighty short on the length.

I'm a 40-41 inch chest and I usually wear the DRKSHDW in size L on jackets that have that kind of cut. Hope this helps...[75]

-Andy

[quote user="sinnah"]

Hey guys,

anybody know how the fit is on drkshdw washedcanvas jackets?

specifically this one? http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/DRKSHD...s/searchResult

I'm kinda iffy about pulling the trigger on the XL, I have a 42 inch chest and from past experience it seems like these jackets run small.

[/quote]

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

does n(n) start at size 2? i don't think i've seen a size 1 ever on y!j.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

They go all the way down to 0. Check out diabro.net.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mass
                      • Sep 2006

sorry--i meant for jackets. the 2 jackets they have on diabro start at 2 0:

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Re: Mihara boots..

Be warned, Mihara boots are extremely narrow.

Comment

• jin2353
                          • Jan 2008

can anyone help me out?
                          it would be nice before the price jumps up. which is in about 7 hours.

i am about 5'9 150 pounds. kinda lanky upper build, just starting to fill in i guess. only 18...so im still probobly going to grow a little.
                          i want my jacket to look like this.
                          http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/jin2353/DiorLeatherBlazer.jpg
                          http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/jin2353/DiorLeatherBlazer2.jpg
                          http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/jin2353/DiorLeatherBlazer3.jpg

and to fit like this.
                          http://www.twilightillusion.net/gaia/pro/royalty.jpg
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=oP3v0_RxjKg

here are the measurements i came up with. i got them from a one button blazer of mine.
                          but changed the armpit to arm pit measurements aswell as the waist, cuff and elbow to a smaller length.
                          Arm pit to Arm pit - 48
                          Shoulder to Shoulder - 41 cm
                          Outer shoulder to sleeve (including cuff) - 65 cm
                          Inside arm (arm pit) seam to cuff - 45.5 cm
                          Neck to waist (under collar, basically full length of jacket)- 75 cm
                          Arm pit to waist - 16.5 cm
                          Arm width (elbow)-14.5
                          Wrist width - 13
                          Waist laid flat - 44

does everything alright?

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

what????????????????
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

ah, you're doin the blackscissors thang.

No one can tell you if those measurements look alright... I'm presuming you've based them off of your own body measurements? It's something that only you will know if it works you know?

Good luck!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bakla
                                • Oct 2006

Re: Black Scissors leather jacket

You might be better off getting a jacket that fits you perfectly and sending it as a sample to base off of. They can then alter the design based on the specs you want changed, whether peaked lapels or shoulder darts, shorter length, etc. I've been to great tailors and been fitted in person, but custom clothing is always a crap shoot - that's why they have multiple fittings.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎