X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franz
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
    When you buy shoes with upturned toes, do you buy TTS so that your toes are upturned when wearing the shoes, or do you size up so that your toes do not curl up? If you get TTS with the upturned toe, will the toebox lower over time and become more comfortable? Will a Vibram affect the lowering rate?

Do you recommend TTS or sizing up when getting shoes with upturned toes?
    Get them TTS. It never really uncomfortable and gets better with time. But buying shoes too big is not a good idea at all.
    Originally posted by Faust
    True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
      When you buy shoes with upturned toes, do you buy TTS so that your toes are upturned when wearing the shoes, or do you size up so that your toes do not curl up? If you get TTS with the upturned toe, will the toebox lower over time and become more comfortable? Will a Vibram affect the lowering rate?

Do you recommend TTS or sizing up when getting shoes with upturned toes?
      I've had many not so good experiences with different brands / designers, and depending on the model and the brand sizing car vary from 41 to 44 for someone like me (I consider myself a true 42).
      I just got my first pair of Layer-0 derbies which have a very aggressive upturned shape, and they are in size 43. the fitting is perfect for me, except probably the length which is a little bit too long but it doesn't affect at all the wearability as the whole rest of the shoe fits perfect and doesn't move (movement=blisters). I was fearing a little bit they were gonna be too big for me bc the outsole measurement was a little long, so this is a pleasant surprise.
      my advice is to always ask for real measurements when buying (particularly when buying second-hand in classified), and start having an idea of the sizes.
      Otherwise, I would consider upturned shaped shoes as any other. It is probable the toe box will lower with time, as the shoe breaks in and takes the shape of your foot (if not totally at least a little). I don't' think vibraming affects at all the shape.
      So my advice: always choose your correct size based on measurements.
      The outsole measurement is a good indicator, but not necessarily the most reliable one. For me the best one is the actual length of the foot. I measure my own foot, and ask the seller to measure his own foot so I can compare. (of course I do all this shit bc I live in a place where there are absolutely no shops where I can go and try the shoes on).
      I have come to think "TTS" doesn't really mean anything bc sizings are so erratic…
      My foot is between 27 and 27,5 cm long; all my shoes have outsoles measuring around 30,5 cm long (between 30 and 31). I have a pair of Ann Dem boots in sz 42 with oustole measuring 31,5 and they are too big, I have to use them with insoles. My L-0 derbies in sz 43 are also 31,5, and they fit spot-on.
      Hope that helps! good luck ;)

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

How should I size for InAisce wind walkers?

I'm a true 8.5(D-ish). Sometimes I wear 41 and sometimes I wear 42, or 42 with an insole.

I plan on wearing them without socks (usually). Thanks.

Comment

• HWith
          • May 2007

Is W:M ring sizing consistent between models? E.g. if I'm an size S in one model, can I be sure that it'll be the same for another model?

Comment

• okayvin
            • Sep 2013

Thanks. I guess I just have to break them in and hope the toe comes down a bit.

Does anybody know how Obscur wool jackets fit?

Comment

• xeraphim
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by HWith View Post
              Is W:M ring sizing consistent between models? E.g. if I'm an size S in one model, can I be sure that it'll be the same for another model?
              supposedly fairly consistent according to the staff from a W:M stockist, but from personal experience they definitely vary a bit between different styles.

Comment

• Marlon
                • Sep 2011

Tell us which model, I think it's the same but can vary according to thickness differences. For example my m115 in size S fits bigger than my m172 which is a lot thicker.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                  • Dec 2012

Hi there
                  I have a question about the Geobasket sizing… I'm planning to buy a pair but (long story short) I live in a country where I'm not gonna have them shipped (will have them shipped to a friend in France) so I can't return them if the sizing is not ok, so I need to be as sure as possible about the sizing.

I think mi size is 42…. but my experience in RO footwear is limited… I have a pair of Ramones bought off SuFu in size 42 and the fit is ok. I think they are mainline cause it has the RO signature on the sole and not the Drkshdw, even if there are 8 eyelets and not 7… which contradicts what has been posted in the small questions thread recently…(?)

should I buy my Geos in sz 42 with confidence?
                  My foot is between 27 - 27,5 cm long; and generally the outsole of my footwear is around 30 - 30,5 cm (but depending on the shoe or boot I can go up to 31,5 cm.)

Any help will be kindly appreciated !!!

Comment

• schuur
                    • Oct 2013

ccp fw07/08 sidezips in horse, size 10

will they fit more like an 11 or 12?

Comment

• astroglider
                      • Apr 2014

Normadic Planet,

I own a pair of Geobaskets and RO Ramones sneakers in size 41 and they fit me well. I have to say that the Geobaskets are just a tiny bit more roomy than the Ramones. So I think getting sz 42 for the Geobaskets will be okay.

Hope this helps

Comment

• astroglider
                        • Apr 2014

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the sizing for RICK OWENS DRKSHDW MEN'S EASY SLIM PANTS. I own a pair of Aircut jeans in sz XS and was wondering if I should go for sz 44 for this pair of pants. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• LelandJ
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2014

Assume all guidi derbies are still running a minimum of one size small?

Comment

• originalhead
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by LelandJ View Post
                            Assume all guidi derbies are still running a minimum of one size small?
                            Yes mate. Refer to boots, you should choose 2 size larger.

Comment

• Smythson85
                              • Apr 2011

CCP sizing

Does CCP shoes size 6 fits US8 ?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

More or less. His sizing is English, so add a size automatically, plus they fit on the loose side.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎