X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vegettoo
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by applecrisp View Post
    Is it true that current Guidi sizing is TTS rather than the tradition of sizing up? I'm looking at a pair of the 992 derbies.

Thanks!
    my experience for guidi,always size up for horse or cordovan,tts for bison,havent own a pair of donkey leather

Comment

• jap808
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by vegettoo View Post
      my experience for guidi,always size up for horse or cordovan,tts for bison,havent own a pair of donkey leather
      Got a bison derbies 2 months, but I've bought 1 size up... I've tried a pair of AW14 reversed derbies and the seller told me "this year" Guidi wears tts; but -imho- I'd felt more confortable 1 size up!

Comment

• applecrisp
        • Jun 2013

Thanks everyone.

Yes, the shop confirmed 1 size up would be best for the model they had in stock. They should be on their way to me next week.

Comment

• vegettoo
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
          Got a bison derbies 2 months, but I've bought 1 size up... I've tried a pair of AW14 reversed derbies and the seller told me "this year" Guidi wears tts; but -imho- I'd felt more confortable 1 size up!
          imo,shoes going to strech alot,i had to put a insole into my tts bison after few month wearing

Comment

• vegettoo
            • Oct 2014

does rick Bauhuas leather fits bigger than other rick?i wear 48 in intarsia and mollino,thanks

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
              • Dec 2012

does rick Bauhuas leather fits bigger than other rick?i wear 48 in intarsia and mollino,thanks
              I suppose it should fit as any other Rick leathers... but that includes a part of "sizing-is-all-over-the-place" Rick... meaning that probably some jackets run a bit differently depending on season and type of leather.

I have a blistered lamb bauhaus from aw12 in sz 50 and it does run big. I had a taylor shorten the sleeves cause they were really too long for me. the jacket still fits nicely, and the good part is there's some room to layer. On the other hand, I recently tried on a bauhaus in sz 50 at a store here in Paris and it was tight as fuck, also a sz 50. It was some sort of oiled lamb or "regular" lamb if there is such a thing. i also own an intarsia in sz 50 which fits tighter than my bauhaus but not as tight as that one I tried on at the store.
              My advice: go with your usual size.

Comment

• vegettoo
                • Oct 2014

Nomadic Planet thanks for ur help,btw rick leather got thiner,maybe going to be more room?

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                  • Dec 2012

Nomadic Planet thanks for ur help,btw rick leather got thiner,maybe going to be more room?
                  I'm not familiar with earlier Rick leathers. I got into this type of fashion during aw12 so I haven't handled past seasons rick.and I've always read that those were amazing, thick, etc.

My aw12 Bauhaus is "paper thin". I've always thought this jacket was running bigger due to the fact it is blistered lamb, and is intended to be / look a bit "slouchy" ("used", "distressed") vs the rigidity of regular leather. The collar is not really standing on its own when the jacket is open, which was more the case of that regular lamb bauhaus I tried on.
                  I've bought my intarsia off spence, which only sells previous seasons at discount, so Im not sure what season it is but it's lamb and it is thicker than the bauhaus and the leather is really nice. the fit is "more fitter" if I may, pardon my english. ;)

On the other hand I've read around here that this season's leathers (ss15) are better quality (meaning thicker?). I think Shucks posted about it...

Comment

• vegettoo
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                    I'm not familiar with earlier Rick leathers. I got into this type of fashion during aw12 so I haven't handled past seasons rick.and I've always read that those were amazing, thick, etc.

My aw12 Bauhaus is "paper thin". I've always thought this jacket was running bigger due to the fact it is blistered lamb, and is intended to be / look a bit "slouchy" ("used", "distressed") vs the rigidity of regular leather. The collar is not really standing on its own when the jacket is open, which was more the case of that regular lamb bauhaus I tried on.
                    I've bought my intarsia off spence, which only sells previous seasons at discount, so Im not sure what season it is but it's lamb and it is thicker than the bauhaus and the leather is really nice. the fit is "more fitter" if I may, pardon my english. ;)

On the other hand I've read around here that this season's leathers (ss15) are better quality (meaning thicker?). I think Shucks posted about it...
                    yes,i saw it on RO webstore,there were some leather in thick calf(which is already sold out maybe?),but the price got much higher(over 2000gbp)but i havent got a chance to see a ss15 piece yet,thanks for ur help!

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                      • Dec 2012

I need some help on BBS sizing... My experience with BBS is still pretty limited. How's the fit of the current season (aw13-14)?

I'm a true 48; for reference, I'm a sz 50 in RO leathers, sz M. in drkshdw tops... and I'm considering a BBS sweatshirt, should I go for a sz M or an L?

thanks!

Comment

• rickandjulius
                        • Feb 2014

If you mean a hoodie then they run TTS. At least mine does. Go with a medium.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                          If you mean a hoodie then they run TTS. At least mine does. Go with a medium.
                          I mean this :

similar to a hoodie, but without the hood...
                          I suppose size M too, right?

thanks!!

Comment

• rickandjulius
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                            I mean this :

similar to a hoodie, but without the hood...
                            I suppose size M too, right?

thanks!!
                            Yeah I'd imagine it's the same!

Comment

• brad1981
                              • Dec 2008

rick owens front zip boots

interested in getting a pair for both my wife and myself, do they run big or small or are they true to size?thanks!

Comment

• vegettoo
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by brad1981 View Post
                                interested in getting a pair for both my wife and myself, do they run big or small or are they true to size?thanks!
                                they run tts but might be difficult or impossible to zip them up,as someone mentioned before in this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎