X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by oneiroi View Post
    Thanks, seems a bit weird though as the model should probably be taking a 48 from his true measurements, yet the bomber doesn't seem that big on him.
    So I had ordered a size 48 from Seven and it turns out that they were out of this size. They did give me measurements for a size 50, though:

59cm pit to pit
    45cm shoulder to shoulder
    66cm front zip
    59cm sleeve, underarm to end

They also advised that it fits a bit small. Their model is 183 cm, 80 kg, and chest 96 cm and is wearing a size 50. And I can't find a 48 anywhere
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• oneiroi
      • May 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
      So I had ordered a size 48 from Seven and it turns out that they were out of this size. They did give me measurements for a size 50, though:

59cm pit to pit
      45cm shoulder to shoulder
      66cm front zip
      59cm sleeve, underarm to end

They also advised that it fits a bit small. Their model is 183 cm, 80 kg, and chest 96 cm and is wearing a size 50. And I can't find a 48 anywhere
      ssense site shows one left for 48.

seven gave me the same measurements, but then I asked farfetched and the boutique that has a 50 and 52 gave

Size 50:
      chest 54 cm
      sleeve 73 cm
      length 77 cm

Size 52:

chest 57 cm,
      sleeve 73 cm
      length 79 cm

Meanwhile ssense has 55cm p2p for a 48. Some folks I asked said it fits tts compared to the leathers that fit one size small. Don't know what to believe anymore.

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

ssense site shows one left for 48.

seven gave me the same measurements, but then I asked farfetched and the boutique that has a 50 and 52 gave

Size 50:
        chest 54 cm
        sleeve 73 cm
        length 77 cm

Size 52:

chest 57 cm,
        sleeve 73 cm
        length 79 cm

Meanwhile ssense has 55cm p2p for a 48. Some folks I asked said it fits tts compared to the leathers that fit one size small. Don't know what to believe anymore.
        Weird, seems to be a real crapshoot, someone has to not be measuring properly. And yeah, ssense has the stretch wool one, but I am looking for the cotton iteration. I'm just guessing the sizing would be the same since it's the same cut in same season, just different fabric. Thanks, though.

Comment

• Rei
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ggrass View Post
          Going to get my first pair of guidi(988 or 986 in horse).My feet is 25.8, i usually wear 41, should i get 42 or 43?
          I'd suggest 1 up so 42 if you're usually 41. Though it can feel a lil tight at first but 43 would probably be too big when the leather loosens up.

Comment

• oneiroi
            • May 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
            Weird, seems to be a real crapshoot, someone has to not be measuring properly. And yeah, ssense has the stretch wool one, but I am looking for the cotton iteration. I'm just guessing the sizing would be the same since it's the same cut in same season, just different fabric. Thanks, though.
            idol confirmed the farfetch measurements. Looks like sizing up is correct. GL finding a 48. I feel bad for considering paying full price but there seems to be no other MA-1 cut like it, and although FW version has padding, won't be needing one with S/S coming up.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

I tracked one down at the Las Vegas Barneys, but they wanted $1600+ for it. Considering I almost had it for less than $1100 from Seven and that the wool one was only a hair more elsewhere, I had to pass. Gave up, bought a leather on steep discount instead, which doesn't solve my light spring cotton jacket problem, but hey, leather. Hopefully the sizing on it is like the geo and intarsia.

Comment

• doldrums
                • Dec 2008

idol confirmed the farfetch measurements. Looks like sizing up is correct. GL finding a 48. I feel bad for considering paying full price but there seems to be no other MA-1 cut like it, and although FW version has padding, won't be needing one with S/S coming up.
                The rick bomber? as Idol recommends, its true to size without any need to size up unless broader shoulders.

Comment

• oneiroi
                  • May 2014

which means 50 = L? Im always confused when people say tts/sizing up for RO since 50 is commonly L, but the official website has 52 = L, which reflects the consensus that recent seasons run small.

Comment

• R C W M
                    • Oct 2013

I tried on some SS14 and FW14 jackets (bombers and various leathers) and I've found 50 to be TTS for me yet still able to size down if I want a more slim fit around my chest. 52 was generally to wide on the shoulders for me and I have broad shoulders to begin with. SS15 no idea though but I would think bombers are more forgiving if you don't get your exact size and happen to size up a tad.

With the new season BBS bamba1 trainer, has anyone tried them on and are able to comment on whether they are tts or not? I've seen a couple of comments where people have said they had to size down or something...

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

which means 50 = L? Im always confused when people say tts/sizing up for RO since 50 is commonly L, but the official website has 52 = L, which reflects the consensus that recent seasons run small.
                      which consensus?

Comment

• oneiroi
                        • May 2014

talking about for leathers specifically, older seasons were TTS and newer seasons run one size small

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

i wish people would stop spreading bullshit like that. every leather i have bought before AND after island/mountain has been TTS. there is no 'consensus' that you need to size up in recent season leathers. i for one certainly disagree.

Comment

• mikko
                            • Apr 2013

My Vicious Bauhaus (now with its new owner though) fit exactly like 'the consensus' said, a 50 was a perfect fit for me, a skinny 48.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

yeah I'm a pretty true EU 44 and most of Rick's slimmer cut leathers (Bullet, Intarsia, Stooges, Mollino) fit my perfectly in size 46, I don't see how someone a size larger could squeeze into them unless they want to stretch to fit..

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

i wear TTS is recent seasons' mollino (x 2), intarsia, rider (or whatever it's called), various cotton/nylon jackets, wool coats... and yes, i am a 48, most definitely, in almost every brand i've ever bought.

can we stop talking about a general rule / consensus and just agree that it is possible that sizing is somewhat irregular and very much dependent on which specific iteration of leather we are talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎