Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t3hg0suazn
    • Jan 2013

Fwiw my experience (recent seasons minus ss15) have been same as upsilon's. I'm consistently 48 in all outerwear, S in basics. But with outerwear the cut (shoulders, high armholes) makes sizing more than just size so ymmv.

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

Not trying to fuel an argument, but my experience with Rick has been completely consistent with upsilonkng's account. I'm a TTS 48 in most everything, and Rick size 50 fits me perfectly every time. The few times I've tried a 48 jacket from Rick I couldn't move. The only exception being the bombers, which I assume are intended to look big thus a size 50 gives the intended "big" look but I am capable of sizing down because of the more generous cut.

I don't have as much experience with Rick as Shucks, but I'm wondering if the difference of opinion is because Shucks doesn't wear much else besides Rick? So his frame of reference is off for what "TTS" is? (I don't mean this as an insult, just a hypothesis)
      music

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

^ likewise, the more fitted pieces from Rick (leathers, blazers, etc.) fit a TTS 44 in Rick's 46 in my experience. only exceptions I've seen are some of the looser cuts or outerwear intended to be worn as overcoats that would work better in one's regular size.

for reference I'm a size 1 in Julius tops/jackets (a 0 in MA Julius jackets when I can get them), 1 in Devoa, 1 in TVA, 1 in InAisce, 44 in CCP blazers, 42 in CCP leathers.

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

as i said before, i've worn plenty of other brands in my time, and i still have many of those pieces and they fit me exactly the same and i still buy the occasional comme, jil sander and other things too. i'm a 48 in the jil sander i own too, by the way... and trust me when i say my body measurements correspond to a general 'standard' 48, as much as one could say there is such a thing.

apart from what i think are size-inconsistencies between individual RO items, seasons, materials, i also think part of the explanation of our different opinions here may possibly be HOW we wear things. i like my rick leathers quite slim-fitting (they stretch out fairly quickly anyway), and i don't mind a slightly tight sensation - maybe some of you prefer a bit more room for layering and general ease of movement?

also, it may not be just a re-labelling thing that upsilonkng describes above (new 46 = old 44 etc) . it could possibly be that the whole GRADING of some items has been adjusted, meaning that how big the difference between say a 46 and a 48 is, may have changed over time.

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

I'm not arguing w/ anyone here, to be clear.
            in my experience since ss12 or fw12 there hasn't been a marked sz 44 in anything but i'm pretty sure dji is a 44 true and true and he wears a 46, i've put current sz 48's against my crust sz Smalls, Gleam sz smalls and even stag sz smalls and usually it's within ONE cm which is forgivable but on point to the way i think the sizing works.
            most rick leathers are (depending on the jacket , season and leather) roughly for a sz small intended for a 46 usa s2s 41-43cm(43/44cm for mollino) p2p 49-52cm and the hem is usually between 42.5cm-43.5cms almost all of the leathers i've had in small fall in this range and i've had more than most, the exception being SS10 release which to me easily falls one sz small even the mollino in a sz small was 39/40cm s2s and p2p 46cm, some of the crust stuff runs a little big up top but not at the bottom and stag and exploder run at least 1.5cm larger than most so it's possible to sz down on some of that.. anyways just trying to help and provide some useful knowledge.

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
              i wear TTS is recent seasons' mollino (x 2), intarsia, rider (or whatever it's called), various cotton/nylon jackets, wool coats... and yes, i am a 48, most definitely, in almost every brand i've ever bought.

can we stop talking about a general rule / consensus and just agree that it is possible that sizing is somewhat irregular and very much dependent on which specific iteration of leather we are talking about?
              I wear one size larger in every jacket I own/owned from RO. As I agree it's good to mention that apparently it's not like this every time, as your experience shows, it's better for people to know that it's still usually is like this - fits one size smaller.
              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

^and since it seems i have still not made myself totally clear: in my experience it fits tts, EVERY TIME.* hence i AGAIN say it is redundant, as rules-of-thumb usually are, to try to define some general rule. so why are you trying to bring the discussion back to its initial rudimentary level? people are better served reading upsilonkngs detailed info on measurement above, and my own and others' individual insights.

*island/mountain excepted.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  *island/mountain excepted.
                  That exception explains exactly why I bought a bomber in my usual leather size and found it to be too small, which is how this entire discussion started. So yeah, that's nice to know, thanks everyone for chiming in.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• savant
                    • Jul 2011

Anyone know how do Memphis sizing work? Especially the waxed one from S/S 13. Getting mixed opinions to size down and TTS

I am like a TTS waist 32 and most of my jeans measure about 43cm on the waist.

Would a tagged size 32 be fine for me with the below measurements? On paper sounds fine but want to double check.

Waist: 38cm
                    Inseam: 80cm
                    Hem Width: 12cm
                    Last edited by savant; 03-19-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

i guess mine are ss13 - don't remember...

anyway, i'm a 48 in most mainline stuff, including pants. i usually wear 32 in regular waxed detroits, S in savage- and skirted detroits.

the memphises i have are 31, and they still fit slightly loose. i could have gone with a 30 i think, without any problems. they're pretty stretchy in the waist.

so i guess i'd say that you should size down at least one size?

no guarantees tho...

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

I am a 34 and picked up the 33. I feel that the 32 would fit me as well in the waist but I am not sure about the legs which are very slim.
                        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• R C W M
                          • Oct 2013

I went down a full 2 sizes with my old memphises (usually a 34, went with 32). I have big calf muscles as well but I found that wasn't an issue with the elasticated paneling that runs down the inner leg.

Overall the material has a decent amount of give in it, and doesn't take much to break it in even after a wash.

Comment

• Crowzer
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by savant View Post
                            I got the waxed one from FW12. I thinks it's fit a bit larger (about the waist). I usually wear size 31 from DRKSHDW jeans and I should bought 30 Memphis.

Comment

• retarded_mj
                              • Sep 2013

Any1 know the sizing for THE LAST CONSPIRACY boots? I am a EU41.5/42 for drkshdw sneakers, what size should I get for THE LAST CONSPIRACY boots?

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

Size up if you're a half size -- I'm a 43.5 and 44 fits me perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎