X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stagename
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    i really don't agree with this. as upsilonkng and i have debated plenty of times (and i think reached some kind of consensus on) it depends on what kind of fit you want. for a more comfortable fit, then yes, of course sizing up makes sense. if you want a slimmer fit, then you can often go tts.

but there is plenty of variance between individual garment styles so these rules of thumb aren't very useful, in my opinion. several shorts both from moody and faun need sizing down for the best fit. just to give an example.
    It also depends on body types. My main issue is shoulder width and Rick is very unforgiving in this regard. I have the same issue with bottoms (thighs and butt). Basically, my physique does not agree with Rick anymore. Way to go for somebody who was arguing that going to the gym was the next fashion frontier. That wouldn't apply to anything that is less tailored, so swingers and pods, tees, tanks, etc.

But yes, I meant I am a size 52 and everything I own in size 52 from Rick I am selling or I'll need to sell because it doesn't fit anymore. Mostly jackets and coats, and some tailored pants.

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

from my experience, it's almost impossible to wear tailored rick tts, i simply can't move my arms without worrying about tearing the jacket/coat. damn, even when i go with a size 50 and the jacket is made from a thick fabric i still feel a bit uncomfortable - and i usually wear a 48 at other brands! pretty often the same goes for the pants, especially if they're high-waisted (not like "astaires", i mean more classic cut). knitwear also feels more comfortable to wear when you size up. this is really annoying, i don't get why the fuck he keeps doing it every season.

i have wide shoulders and hips, though. and i'm also "a bit short for rick" lol, so often i have to size up in long tops as well, just to have some more space in the hips area. he started to add side vents to some of the tops and coats recently - that's dope for me.

so yeah, rick tts only works for me when it has stretchy waistband or when the item is intentionally oversized (more like fair sized lol).

Comment

• savant
        • Jul 2011

Getting lots of mixed opinions as people are suggesting me 42 or 43 for SLP boots

For those who have tried SLP and CCP boots, what size would I be in SLP footwear if I'm CCP size 8 usually ?

For reference, I'm a Nike US 10
        Last edited by savant; 06-01-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Zerogravity
          • Mar 2015

I mean this one Island shirt

In my opinion most of Rick clothes are tailored to be slim fit.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
          do you mean the 'island shirt' dress shirt with a buttoned neck design? or do you mean some other style from the island collection? cause in my experience the actual 'island shirt' needs sizing up.

Comment

• mikko
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Zerogravity View Post
            I mean this one Island shirt

In my opinion most of Rick clothes are tailored to be slim fit.
            Don't know how that's so baggy on the model as his measurements are almost exactly the same as mine and I sized one up to 50 and it's still pretty form fitting...

As to my own question, can a skinny 48 pull off a CCP vest bag in 46? It seems to be very adjustable both on the waist and shoulders...

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mikko View Post
              As to my own question, can a skinny 48 pull off a CCP vest bag in 46? It seems to be very adjustable both on the waist and shoulders...
              For the SE version, fits both 46 and 48. And indeed the adjustable straps makes it very flexible.
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• mikko
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by magic View Post
                For the SE version, fits both 46 and 48. And indeed the adjustable straps makes it very flexible.
                Cheers! Have a leather version in my scopes –*is there a difference in sizing, I guess not?

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mikko View Post
                  Cheers! Have a leather version in my scopes –*is there a difference in sizing, I guess not?
                  Construction definitely different. But not sure about sizing on the leather version, but it seem the front panel are more generous.
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• petricor
                    • Mar 2015

11 x BBS denim sizing

Hello, this question is about 11 x BBS denim sizing.

I wonder whether to get a size M (waist 43 cms) or S (waist 41 cms) P1 pants. For reference, my stats: 173 cms (5'9''), 73 kilos (163 lbs), usually 50 tops 48 bottoms (42 cm waist).

I normally have issues with thighs due to a more athletic built. However, the SA suggested over email that I sized down due to the fact the fabric will stretch.

Does anyone have any experience with 11 x BBS denim?

Many thanks.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by petricor View Post
                      Hello, this question is about 11 x BBS denim sizing.

I wonder whether to get a size M (waist 43 cms) or S (waist 41 cms) P1 pants. For reference, my stats: 173 cms (5'9''), 73 kilos (163 lbs), usually 50 tops 48 bottoms (42 cm waist).

I normally have issues with thighs due to a more athletic built. However, the SA suggested over email that I sized down due to the fact the fabric will stretch.

Does anyone have any experience with 11 x BBS denim?

Many thanks.
                      I have similar stats: 174cm, but more around 75 kg. I usually wear 48 tops, and more on the larger side of things for bottoms (50), as I believe I have a large waist. I generally go for 43-45 cm waists.
                      I have two pairs of 11xBBS P1's and both are size L., and the fit is really nice. I really think I couldn't have put on a size M, especially as the calves area is pretty tight. And the fabric is really sturdy, it's really thick denim. The jeans are built like tanks (they are really amazing!). For that reason I don't think there will be that much stretch.
                      I find it strange that they told you to size down, my reco would rather be the opposite, rather to size up, unless this season's sizing is different and I'm not aware...

Comment

• petricor
                        • Mar 2015

thanks nomadicplanet, very, very helpful.
                        cool username.
                        i'd love to see any fit pics of yours in them if you have any online.
                        what do you think of them compared to similar mainline offerings?

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                          • Dec 2012

it's difficult to compare to mainline , as mainline has many different cuts and 11 only two I believe (P1 and P2).

i think the closest one would be the famous P13, which I have never handled in person, but from the picture seems to be the same cut.

From mainline I only know the P11's, and the main difference (besides the cut) would really be the details. Mainline have a huge "details" approach, lots of details in the construction, buttons, seams, materials (leather buttons, silver thing at the back, wax finish, etc...). 11 are simpler and cleaner while keeping the same structure overall. They have really nice details too, but it's less sophisticated. The quality of the 11 jeans is top notch that is for sure : super thick cotton, nice texture, its really impressive (So thick they are not really summer jeans. too heavy for summer I believe).

So to sum up: simpler and cleaner approach, ultra sturdy solid pants, less sophisticated in details, yet keeping the same amazing BBS cut, i.e. slightly drop crotch, which generally don't really show in pictures (that includes the saggy butt. You have to like that).
                          + the large price difference.
                          I'd love to have a pair of P13, but for that price, I bought two pairs of P1 (at different moments). Of course if I manage to save the money I'd still would buy a pair of P13!

EDIT: sorry , I don't have fit pics ! and won't really have time to take one until july, super busy schedule at the moment.

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Can anyone tell me does the Rick Superstar sneaker fit consistent with past Rick adidas? Specifically, I have the tech runner from last season and am wondering if I'm safe to order the same size in the superstar.
                            music

Comment

• Senpai
                              • Apr 2014

Probably not going to find much help with this one, but does anyone have much experience with IE Erik Ohrstrom pants sizing? There's a size one I have my eyes on, I'm guessing fits like a 44? Probably really tight though?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Senpai View Post
                                Probably not going to find much help with this one, but does anyone have much experience with IE Erik Ohrstrom pants sizing? There's a size one I have my eyes on, I'm guessing fits like a 44? Probably really tight though?
                                I think t3hg0suazn had a pair, you could ask him.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎