• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    not sure if they've made their cuts more commercial since ghesquirère was there. but if they haven't then they are slim AS FUCK and very very high armholes. i have several blazers and they're all shrink wrap. try comme or yohji instead?
    Originally posted by ian+ View Post
    shucks is correct, I have a suit, a couple of shirts and t-shirts from the same era and they are extremely uncomfortable for my body type. I really suggest you try them on before purchasing, the armholes are worse than Rick's.
    So its a pass

Rick is borderline for me
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Raviel de Silverlake
      • Jun 2015

I have various deals at the moment and I can purchase 2 or 3 pairs of my interest, the thing is I have no idea about the sizing since not many of my friends know about Rick Owens footwear and I can't just go to the store to try them on since there's no RO store around here.

I want to ask about how Cargobasket, Hoofdunks, Scuba boots, curst leather ankle boots, Thigh-high socks, Leather socks, Elephant Ramones boots fit. I only have Geobasket in size 39 and they fit me perfectly.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

• Lex1017
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Raviel de Silverlake View Post
        I have various deals at the moment and I can purchase 2 or 3 pairs of my interest, the thing is I have no idea about the sizing since not many of my friends know about Rick Owens footwear and I can't just go to the store to try them on since there's no RO store around here.

I want to ask about how Cargobasket, Hoofdunks, Scuba boots, curst leather ankle boots, Thigh-high socks, Leather socks, Elephant Ramones boots fit. I only have Geobasket in size 39 and they fit me perfectly.

Thank you for your time.
        I own cargos, scuba socks, leather socks, geos, and ramones. I wear 40 in all. In my experience all rick sneakers are made with the same sole (lengthwise). DRKSHDW soles are slightly different in appearance but are still consistant lengthwise. Now, in regular shoes I wear 7.5 - 8 So i have deduced that I am on the higher end of the "size 40 spectrum" (considering the sneakers have a bigger toe box so run a bit large). 40 in all of mine fit perfectly, I have heard some people size down in the leather socks but I did not. They are a bit roomy yes, but considering the next size down was a full size down (even if the 39 ran a full size big) I believe would be too small. The soles are the same length as all my others. I believe the reasoning for the slight roomy feel is because they have, at most, a very thin layer of lamb leather plus one layer of leather sewn into the sole. In all the other sneakers 2 or more layers of thicker, more sturdy leather is sewn in which would make it appear tighter. In your case 39 is the smallest size anyway so go nuts.

Comment

• ggrass
          • Aug 2013

A bit strange question - is there any significant difference between male and female versions of Rick's MA-1?

Comment

• Mistifique
            • Mar 2014

Anyone had experience with Taichi Murakami heavy jersey pants ? How do they fit?
            So Pure... So Cold
            Transilvanian Hunger

Comment

• sshum88
              • Dec 2007

x-post from RO thread...hoping this helps or not. You still have to account for the different weights of material used for SS vs FW.

I recently picked up a pair of SS15 memphis with the flap (code ends in SBS, made in Italy) in size 32. They fit perfectly from the top block all the way down to the hem. In the past couple of years, I've probably tried 3-4x other pairs, and have never found the right fit. Usually the top block was too sloppy or waist too baggy.

I had tried a pair of FW13 memphis with flap in size 33, and I could barely squeeze my way into them. So I always thought I needed a 34 - not the easiest thing to do. I found a pair of SS15 in 34 but the waist was too roomy. On the advice of another member here, I picked up a pair of 32 and he was dead on with his advice.

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
              ^ Someone has to shed some light regarding the memphis jeans across the seasons. I read conflicting information about the sizing all the time and I don't know how many different fabrics are there.
              Originally posted by eat me
              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• tyhsien
                • Sep 2014

Hello,

Has anybody encounter on the fits of number (n)ine pants size 1/2,

I am normally a 28 or XS on many pants but i am unsure on my size between 1/2 on the japanese denims/pants, mind advising?

Thanks in advance !

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

I'm a 28/29 in jeans depending on the cut, and I wear size 2 in the n(n) skinny jeans. The legs are nice and tight but I need a belt for the waist. The wool sweatpants combo cargo I wear a size 2 but probably could have gone size 1 since it's a more relaxed cut. And the cropped pants from A Closed Feeling are size 2, but they are very tight in the upper block. So it varies, always check or ask for the measurements.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• badsoda
                    • Jan 2015

Hey!

How does the Rick Faun tunic shirt fit?
                    Remember vaguely that someone here talked about them fitting snug, but i might be wrong.

Thanks!

Comment

• bigjus
                      • Oct 2014

hi , could anyone tell me what the pit to pit size of a large would be on this ?

i havent bought rick before and the shop isnt answering ...

thanks !

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Can someone provide rise measurements for their Detroits (Drkshdw or mainline)? Seems a lot of people are claiming 22-23 cm, but I'm measuring around 10" from the crotch-seam to waistband and it still feels ball-crushingly low (as it it really was 22-23 cm, not 25.4 cm).

Comment

• neostrifeX
                          • Jun 2013

The size 29 pairs I've had all had a 23cm rise if that helps.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post
                            The size 29 pairs I've had all had a 23cm rise if that helps.
                            Huh, well then. That makes sense comfort-wise, though mine's a mainline size xs, I assume the cut is the same. I must just be utter trash at measuring. Thanks!

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

So, I just got a pair of slide on boots. They are size 40 and definitely no smaller than any other boots I have in size 40 or 40.5. But, I can't get my foot into them to save my life. Out of all the footwear I've owned I've always avoided slide ons because it seems like you'd have to buy 1-2 sizes large to get your foot in, so is there just a logical trick to getting your foot in there? haha

Otherwise, has anyone ever put a zipper on the back of a slide on and I'm assuming that'll do the trick, right?

Thanks

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                                • Feb 2015

Help with pants

I could use some help finding some black denim / black pants that fit if anyone with more experience has any ideas. I've got a small waist but larger thighs so it's usually very difficult for me to find pants that fit well. I am also 5'6".

I've found Uniqlo Slim Fit Tapered jeans in size 28 to fit me the best.

Any insight on what brands or cuts and styles within brands to look into would be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎