• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

You need an L.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pinoy
      • Dec 2006

^ Thanks, Faust. Now all I've gotta do is find a shop that still has an L in stock

Comment

• drexl
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by danieldy View Post
        ^ Thanks, Faust. Now all I've gotta do is find a shop that still has an L in stock
        Yeah, I think an L is best. I'm a 50 and the L in lamb fit spot-on. They still have it here at Michel Brisson in Montreal at 50% off (or at least they did when I passed by yesterday).

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

does michel brisson have any RO shirts or tanks left?
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kucejoe
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
            does michel brisson have any RO shirts or tanks left?
            They do not have tanks and if there were shirts (did not check too closely) there were very few of them. They had mainly cardigans, some leather (w/ shearling I think), a nylon hooded bomber, and some side zip boots.
            Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
              • Nov 2008

ann boots

hey kids. the ann demeulemeester boots...you know, "the" ann demeulemeester boots, from 03. combat boots, dual zips...you know the ones i'm talking about.

i'm a size 43.5/44 - i prefer a 44. currently, i can score a pair of these boots in either a 43, or a 45. which do i go for? prices are the same...one is used, the other not...

gonna sell some other ann boots i just got to pay for these...her combat boots from this past season. can anyone compare the cut/look of these to the ones from 03? these are a bit rounded and bulky for me...

cheers.

Comment

• Raw Edge
                • Jan 2008

You're definitely a 43. In my experience all of the ann boots run between .5 and 1.5 sizes big. So if you are a size 43.5-44, size 43 ann should be perfect for you. Or at least, that sizing conversion has always been perfect for me.

Originally posted by merz
                probably better authorities here on ann d than i, but from what i recall of these they ran a bit on the small side (person selling a pair here recently being a 44, fitting comfortably into a 45..) and were ..still somewhat rounded and bulky, though maybe not to the extent of last season's.. - assuming you mean these?

Comment

• Raw Edge
                  • Jan 2008

By the way, are you sure the ones you found are the same season/boot as the one just posted above in images?

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                    • Nov 2008

first: "pow pow"? heh.

second:
                    i used to have a pair of these and sold them, because i remember thinking they were too bulky and a bit silly looking on me. maybe time will have changed my thinking, i don't know. notice how you never really see pics of dude's wearing them? they really seem to work better on women. either way, i don't remember what size i had. also, i'm not a pant-tucker. that's not for me.

i too remember hearing that the boots from that season were oversized, and if that it would be wise to size down...however, the boots i just got from this current season fit very true to size.

and yeah - merz has the right boots in those photos - and they were only made that season, if i remember correctly.

so the debate continues? size up, or down. or just not even get them...?

either way, i'm thinking of trading in a cloak leather jacket from 04...hoping that maybe someone has some julius leather they'd be willing to part with. or some rick leather...

Comment

• Raw Edge
                      • Jan 2008

that's interesting- I hadn't realized these ones are oversized and extremely thick soled. Please disregard my earlier comment on size- I only have experience with more recent/smaller boots.

Would be curious to know- what do others here think of these boots on men?
                      they look very nice but its hard to tell how they'd be on men in a non-runway context.

The ones I am thinking of have black soles but are quite big, thick soled, and strapp-y, like this:

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                        • Nov 2008

hah, yeah, those are one of the pairs i've been eyeing on ebay.

that's strange that you say that, q, because rick owens combat boots are way bulkier than the ann ones - with way bigger soles.

but yeah, that's the question. they look phenomenal on women, and incredible on the runway...but i haven't seen anyone in real life pull it off. so if anyone has photos, i'd love to see em. we may have just solved my problem...

Comment

• Davie
                          • Nov 2007

Hamlet, those Ann boots run 1-1.5 sizes big. So if you're 44, the 43 would fit you well. I love those Ann boots, but for some reasons, I think they look best on girls.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Davie, is right - you have to size down, go for the 43. I've commented enough on them over the years, so... The quality of these boots - nothing Rick has ever produced comes even close. This is buffalo leather that will stand the test of time and will look only more beautiful with aging.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raw Edge
                              • Jan 2008

MA+ boots

MAcross boots, i've heard the boots fit large, but my macross shoes only fit a tiny bit large.
                              How large do the boots run. Should I size up? 1size or 2? etc.

Comment

• Avantster
                                ¤¤¤
                                • Sep 2006

Hamlet, you will need to size down, definitely get the 43.

FYI there are two different types, one with a squarer toe and leather sole, another with a rounder toe and military rubber sole.

Square toe / Leather sole

The leather on this is slightly textured, less shiny, and while black, has a hint of brown and dark mauve. Personally I like this leather better.

Round toe / Rubber sole

This leather is a little shinier, is all black, and has no texture. The sole is also a little chunkier.

It's a shame I haven't been able to find the former in my perfect size, 38.5. If the boots you're looking at are indeed the former in the right size for you, I would definitely go for it.
                                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎