• Show
Clear All
  • Oldboy
    • Aug 2008

Ok, thanks guys, hopefully I can locate that shirt in a 5

Comment

• apathy
      • Oct 2009

Thanks a lot Mike Lowrey, I will try a T2 on that tee, then we will see ;)

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
        xpost from Yes / No.
        By looking to some auctions / threads I am getting the impression that Rick leathers from FW08 STAG seem to fit really big.
        Sz. Small P2P 48cm
        Sz Med P2P 51cm

Is that impression right?
        If usually a Size S in Rick is pretty tight (but cool!) for me, but I am looking for a rather relaxed fit for some layering underneath - should I therefore still go tts?
        Bump... Jacket of interest is this one. It's a Sz. M and I have concerns it might be too big for me.
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• nicelynice
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
          Bump... Jacket of interest is this one. It's a Sz. M and I have concerns it might be too big for me.
          I've heard that Rick sizing can vary wildly, even within the same season. If I was going to be making a purchase of that magnitude, I'd mail the guy my own tape measure just to make sure.

Comment

• quiet noise
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

Im always confused about japanese sizing. Im usualy a 46 in coats, should i be able to get away with a size 3 in YY or should i go down to a 2 or even 1?

Comment

• Torchiere
              • May 2009

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
              Im always confused about japanese sizing. Im usualy a 46 in coats, should i be able to get away with a size 3 in YY or should i go down to a 2 or even 1?
              I'd say go for a 2 or a 1. It also depends on the line. Given they are tagged the same size, pieces from YYPH are usually bigger than those from Y's.

A 3 from YYPH is big even for me (a 48).

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Much depends on the piece. I'd say 2 is your best bet, but yeah, you'd be 1 in some of them.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Oldboy View Post
                  Hello everyone, does Viridi-Anne size 4 = LUC size 52? I'm a true 50 and generally wear 52 (sometimes 50) in LUC tops. I'm trying to get an idea of what size to get for the Viridi-Anne shirt below:
                  I wear a 50-52 in LUC and am usually a 4 in V-A. it varies by piece, you can't really compare to their older season leathers as they run super slim, tops from the last few seasons tend to run a bit more fair from my experience. LUC on the other hand runs notoriously small in some cases so its probably not the best comparison point.

so if you're a slim 50 in general, the 4 might work, but best bet is to ask for measurements.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

If you know which piece you're after it would help (shirt, jacket, pants?). In YYPH a 46 would generally fit a size 2, 48/3, 50/4, etc. Size 1's are not often made and even more difficult to find.
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• quiet noise
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

Thanks alot.

So, my rick side zips arrived today. Lovely boots, but they fit kind of narrow especially around my arches (they sort of stick out outside the sole, i dont know how to describe but i guess you know what i mean).

Will the leather adapt to my feet after some wear?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Either that or you can always stretch them. No biggie.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

how do the rick owens high-top sneakers fit? im a regular US8.5-9. im seriously contemplating on getting a pair myself.

Comment

• quiet noise
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

I would say they fit sort of TTS. I bought a pair in 41 because alot of people told me that they run 1 size big, but i would have to disagree with that!

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

thanks. so is it right to say i can do with a 42 or 43? given a US8.5-9.

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

I would say they fit sort of TTS. I bought a pair in 41 because alot of people told me that they run 1 size big, but i would have to disagree with that!
                                This is reliant upon the season. I'd say the earlier seasons fit 1/2 size big and then the last two seasons (aw08 & ss09) were about spot on. I think people tend to think they fit larger because of the toebox area being so roomy but the concealed heel does tend to tip your feet towards the ends so you need the proper length for your foot to fit.

As faust said, they will accommodate your foot with wear...that leather is brilliant in terms of stretching gently with wear. Even if they're uncomfortable for a week or so, those are just growing pains.

Different deal with Rick's boots...from my experience, those are all over the place, depending on the season.
                                Originally posted by mizzar
                                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎