X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

In my experience, they are true to size, or on the larger side.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MaxM
      • Sep 2009

Thanks very much for the information Faust

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• DRRRK
        • Aug 2009

I know this has been asked before. I intend to buy a Julius leather jacket from the current 7th Anniversary edition. Size 2 seems alright, but I am not completely sure. I wear size 2 in a VA blazer, 46 in a Damir Doma jacket, sometimes 48 in other clothes. My chest measures 34 inches.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

I tried on the lamb nubuck version of that jacket DRRRK, a size 2 should fit a 46/48 perfectly.

Comment

• DRRRK
            • Aug 2009

Thanks, dji. Did you like it?
            I like the nubuk version, too. The only argument against it is that it is more sensitive than the cow leather.

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
              Should I size down on DBSS?
              I am thinking about purchasing this cardigan..
              I wear a Sz.2 at Julius and Small at Rick...
              Wondered if this is going to stretch out, as well.
              Question is: Sz.1 or 2
              Nobody familiar with DBSS Sizing? Croatoan?
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ best to PM him - maybe he missed your post.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

I did some time ago, but he didn't answer... Maybe he's ignoring me. No but seriously, didn't want to bother him again personally that's why I asked here :-\
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

drrrk the nubuck leather was really nice, super soft. the calf leather version should be good too (not to mention cheaper), a bit too clean for my taste though.

mofiya I haven't tried that specific cardi but DBSS cut & sewn and knit pieces tend to be fairly generously cut. measurements for that cardi are 42cm shoulders and 49cm chest, you could either wear a size 1 more fitted or a size 2 slightly oversized. btw that webstore has sold out...

Comment

• Diss
                      • Sep 2008

speaking of cardigans. Can someone who wears Julius in size 2 fit one of there cardigans in a size 1 or would it be too tight in the shoulders?

type of _7 cardi im talking about:

Comment

• stereophobic
                        • Aug 2009

Those of you with sort-of large calves: ever bought a pair of jeans online that had the right waist size but had trouble getting the jeans all the way up due thick calves? Been trying to stretch the legs slowly but eh... wonder if I should just sell the jeans.
                        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

I'm thinking about getting this Julius tee in size 2 but these 2 stores have quite a big difference in their measurements.

51cm and 47.5cm for chest width is a huge difference, has anyone had experience with this tee and can confirm on which measurement is correct?

Edit: Would this tee in size 2 be comparable to Undercover tees in size 2 but longer?
                          Last edited by Raw; 11-03-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• MoFiya
                            • Sep 2007

I've now read through several pages (including this thread), skipped some classifieds and somehow wasn't satisfied at all:
                            Talking about the sizing of Viridi-Anne - in particular longsleeves and other thin tops.
                            I sometimes read, that they run quite small. On the other hand, I saw someone selling Sz.2 and saying it fits 46 and even an 48. Measurements seem somewhat generous sometimes, too.
                            On the other hand, Acid, Bitter & Sad sold several pieces in Sz.1 for what I think is true to size for him.
                            Might be aiming for this which is in a Sz.2 and would be tts for me. Y/N?
                            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                              I've now read through several pages (including this thread), skipped some classifieds and somehow wasn't satisfied at all:
                              Talking about the sizing of Viridi-Anne - in particular longsleeves and other thin tops.
                              I sometimes read, that they run quite small. On the other hand, I saw someone selling Sz.2 and saying it fits 46 and even an 48. Measurements seem somewhat generous sometimes, too.
                              On the other hand, Acid, Bitter & Sad sold several pieces in Sz.1 for what I think is true to size for him.
                              Might be aiming for this which is in a Sz.2 and would be tts for me. Y/N?
                              I agree with Damien....the DBSS tees/knits are sized larger than Julius/VA. I remember trying a DBSS hoodie knit of some sorts in size 1, and it was pretty loose...my guess is that it's meant to fit that way...

Rgarding VA tops...it depends on the material...i've realized that some of the thin cotton they use stretches out abit with wear. For their pigment print long sleeve tees, I'm a 1, for their pigment print short sleeve tees, I wear 2. And for their double layer twist tees, I wear 1, and it fits rather large...

Comment

• MoFiya
                                • Sep 2007

^ thanks... I just copped the above mentioned thing (whatever this is) in a Sz.2 (100% cotton) and hope it wont stretch out / fit.
                                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍