X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

yohji yamamoto, y's for men help

thinking about making my first foray into yohji yamamoto. of course i'll be ordering online so here we go:

i'm typically a 52 and rarely a 50. in rick i wear L or XL. prefer XL in the tee's. in trousers i'm a 50 or 32-33 waist. sometimes 34 but very rarely.

would i wear a 4 in y's for men or yy mainline or any of the labels? what is the relationship between his sizing and the 46, 48, 50, 52 i'm used to?

thanks in advance!
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• prednisone
      • Nov 2007

anyone know how fiorentini + baker shoes run?
      FS: Julius FW05 leather fencing jacket sz 3

Comment

• V-J
        • Oct 2009

wha does ann d's womens shoes sz 38 translate to mens sizing?
        thanks

Comment

• ardeetee
          • Apr 2007

EU sizing doesnt distinguish between men or women so there isn't a 38MEN or 38WOMEN. Womens range is generally the 30's, mens are generally the 40's.

38EU = ~8US Women = ~6US men

Comment

• V-J
            • Oct 2009

oo nice..i see...the works for clothin as well?thanks in advance

also, wha does waist 82 cm convert into?thas a viridi anne sz 1 pants
            thanks

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

I'm a 48 and have this in a size 3 and it fits perfectly. Definitely best to go up a size if there is any question for the drapery involved.
              I have the brown, which is more of a classic RO darkshadow color...works great with blacks or grays.
              Originally posted by mizzar
              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I think the fit is pretty universal on those, I'm a 50 and usually roughly a 3-4 in KKA, but I can fit a size 2 in the cardigan.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• H-R
                  • May 2007

Has anyone here ever tried on/purchased LUC women's items? What's the sizing like? Will a size 50 male be able to fit into women's 40-42 tops/knits?

Comment

• droogist
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by H-R View Post
                    Has anyone here ever tried on/purchased LUC women's items? What's the sizing like? Will a size 50 male be able to fit into women's 40-42 tops/knits?
                    LUC uses Italian sizing, which is scaled identically for men and women, i.e., men's 44 = women's 44. So if I understand you correctly, you're asking whether you'd be able to fit into something 5 sizes too small for you.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

if I've understood correctly, womens Italian sizes run a few steps behind if you compare directly to common sizing. ie a womens 46 is like a womens L, whereas a mens 46 is a mens S.

either way, 40-42 sounds like roughly a womens S.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Rech
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        if I've understood correctly, womens Italian sizes run a few steps behind if you compare directly to common sizing. ie a womens 46 is like a womens L, whereas a mens 46 is a mens S.

either way, 40-42 sounds like roughly a womens S.

Women L = Men S... right

Comment

• diamonds
                          • Dec 2006

i think you misread arto's post

or maybe i'm misreading it

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

he is right, I was only comparing the numbered sizing directly to common sizes, meaning that 44 = S (mens) and 44 = L (womens).

however if you compare them in terms of actual fitment, in theory a womens 44/L would fit something like a mens 44/S.

so yea, thats probably what droogist meant and she is correct

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                              • Jun 2009

Hey guys, so I have been in the market for another leather, and the looks of this MA+ have been pretty appealing to me (and the price is SO right). It's a 50, and all of the measurements seem to work, BUT, he complains that it was too tight in the arms, and me being more muscularly built (I don't work out, I am just naturally bulkier) I wonder if I would have the same issue. I would want to wear this more as a "jacket" than a shirt, but also not sure if that is it's intended use....any advise is appreciated!

Le 21ème

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

I think you might have issues with the armholes being so high and the shoulders tight. Looks that way in his fit pics as well.
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎