• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

ask btbam
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tomatous
      Banned
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
      Those pretty much fits a size 44. I´m a true 43 myself and have tried on Augustas in size 9 that did fit pretty spot on.
      Odd. My Augusta 10 fits larger than a 45.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
        • Jun 2009

Getting nervous...I bought these:

(Sold my Julius boots to get them) and have been hearing so many conflicting things about sizing:

Darklands: They told me if I'm a true Euro 43, to get a size 9 Augusta.

Atelier: Told me if I'm a true Euro 43 to get a 10 Augusta

Eternal: same story

Tomatous: tells me a size 10 Augusta (logically 1 size larger than a 9 Augusta) fits up to 2.5 European sizes larger.

What am I to believe?

a.s.
        Le 21ème

Comment

• tomatous
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

There may be sizing inconsistencies depending on the style? The boots you purchased measure 13 inches from heel to toe (as said in the description). I just measured mine for you, and they also are 13 inches from heel to toe..

Comment

• hommedeguerre
            • Jun 2009

Wow...ok, well, the seller INSISTS he is a 44 (which is fine for me, I own a lot of true 44 shoes, as I like to wear insoles...I suppose once I get them if they dont fit....ugh...classifieds. I was/am so excited for them!
            Le 21ème

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

It appears to be a prerequisite of becoming a cult designer here to be completely incompetent when it comes to sizing consistency.

I would go off what the seller said, as long as you didn't say "will these fit size X?" With anything like this always ask "What size do these fit like, " so the seller doesn't craft his response to what you're hoping.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                • Jun 2009

You are quite right that I should tailor my questions better to sellers. MikeNouveau gave me a bit of hope on sizing...but I'll have them on Wed. so I will report back with the truth on this pair.
                Le 21ème

Comment

• Trebre
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
                  You are quite right that I should tailor my questions better to sellers. MikeNouveau gave me a bit of hope on sizing...but I'll have them on Wed. so I will report back with the truth on this pair.
                  Don't want to confuse you, but as someone said above it seems that the more expensive the shoe the more fucked up the sizing.

I own Augustas from a couple of seasons and they are...at least tolerably consistent in size.
                  I'm a EU 43 and in most Augustas i wear a 9.
                  Got the white lace up from S/S 08 though, which is an 8 and that fits almost bigger than the rest of my size nines:)

The zip up boots however tend to be pretty narrow in the ankle.
                  Don't own them myself but friends of mine have sized up in the zips to get into them...

Comment

• huckleberry
                    • Jul 2009

The size means nothing in my experience, you should judge whether they will fit you via measurements. I have a pair of augustas size 9 that fit a UK 11 (45). Ive tried on augusta size 9 in the past in other variations and they all vary in actual fit. Always ask for measurements imo

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                      • Jun 2009

I got the boots and they are WAY too big...the sellers measurements were way off. Emailing them now...hopefully they will let me return them...unless anyone here wants them:

Le 21ème

Comment

• tomatous
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009

Sorry to hear. I had a feeling they would be.. since the measurements are the same as mine.

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
                        I got the boots and they are WAY too big...the sellers measurements were way off. Emailing them now...hopefully they will let me return them...unless anyone here wants them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_686wt_907

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                          • Jun 2009

It's my fault...I just posed my questions wrong to the seller. Oh well, they are in the classifieds and on eBay...no reserve, $99 starting price..fingers seriously crossed!
                          Le 21ème

Comment

• dee
                            • Aug 2008

Found a pair of Ann sneakers I've been looking for, but in a size 44 (I'm a size 43). To my knowledge, most of her boots run a size larger than tagged? How does sizing work for sneakers?

Comment

• ardeetee
                              • Apr 2007

sneakers are generally tts

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I found the high top sneakers to actually fit a bit small, the same size I wear in most shoes and boots was a bit snug for me
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎