X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I've never heard that, couldn't he just grind the sole a bit to get rid of the oily surface?
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Oasis
      • Apr 2011

I didn't have a full convo as I was on the phone.. wasn't actually due to pick them up till tomorrow but I was in the area so I gave them a call on the off chance to see if they were ready.. Ended up not going to collect in any case but I'll be picking up tommorow..

I didn't give it much thought at the time as I was a little puzzled but I'll see what they have to say tomorrow.. Not really sure what the full story is gonna be...
      Originally posted by christianef
      u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• blackmagic
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by nellytheelephant View Post
        Why do people refer to 'vibram' particularly? Are they markedly superior to the unbranded rubber soles you get in most cobblers? Or is just that they are the best known?

Thanks.
        Maybe just a general term for rubber soles.

My favourites are "Indiana Longlife", btw. They have a more structured pattern an look really good when applied. Most rubber soles ruin the look of the shoes. The Heels also look quite good. I also have an excellent shoemaker.

Comment

• nellytheelephant
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by blackmagic View Post
          Maybe just a general term for rubber soles.

My favourites are "Indiana Longlife", btw. They have a more structured pattern an look really good when applied. Most rubber soles ruin the look of the shoes. The Heels also look quite good. I also have an excellent shoemaker.

http://www.corinium-merchanting.co.u...5longlife.html
          Thanks. I went ahead on two pairs of boots, not using Vibrams and they look great. I suppose it depends on the quality of the cobbler as much as anything else.

Comment

• eleven crows
            • Mar 2011

What sort of shoe tree would be best for a carpe or ma+ toe box? The wrinkles on my derbies are turning into crevasses.

Comment

• zazaxxx
              • Oct 2012

does layer-0 derby need vibramed?

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

whatever you prefer. the rear half of the heel has a rubber already, so you can wear them as they are, do just the sole, or the front half of the heel + sole to have them fully protected.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• zazaxxx
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                  whatever you prefer. the rear half of the heel has a rubber already, so you can wear them as they are, do just the sole, or the front half of the heel + sole to have them fully protected.

Comment

• SoElectric
                    • May 2010

Does anyone know of a good cobbler in Berlin that can add a vibram sole.

I'm sure it's been asked before but I've searched and couldn't find an answer

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• modalsaliency
                      • May 2010

Minor resurrection, but this isn't really my field. I'm visiting the Bay Area after a spell abroad. Can anyone either recommend a cobbler that will do a professional dying job or a dye I can order that will age well on high-end boots?

This sort of thing doesn't particularly exist where I live.

Comment

• comedyzen
                        • May 2009

Specialties: If you're looking for the best care from a professional company that puts their clients first, look no further than Carlos Shoe Service! We have continuously offered the products and services that our clients need. When you're looking for a company that truly cares and has the best services and products to offer, you're looking for a company that is built on a standard of excellence that won't be met by anyone else; you're looking for Carlos Shoe Service. It's time to discover the difference that you'll experience when working with a company that truly cares about all of our clients so call today and get nothing less than that. Established in 1990. Repairing Shoes Excellent Quality Great Reviews Good Rates Family oriented Years of experience

If you are really picky, make sure to tell him to be careful. I had over 5 pairs of shoes/boots dyed there. On 2 of the pairs, he got some dye in the interior, but i didn't care since it wasn't visible when worn.

Comment

• sixledge
                          • Dec 2011

Anyone have a reference to a good cobbler in the Boston area?

Have some experience with a couple local places but want to see what else may be out there.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                            • Feb 2010

My side zips didn't survive Paris' winter :D Anyone having experience with the stitching coming off?
                            Last edited by BBSCCP; 02-05-2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

ouch!

seems like the thread has gotten pretty fragile. I imagine a good cobbler could fix that though.

Comment

• Atom
                                • Sep 2009

Poell uses cotton thread and thick cordovan leather, so these things may happen if you have a high instep or too small boots. That's the first place that gives up.

But I wouldn't worry, my cobbler have re-stitched my old tornadoes that had loose thread just like in your boots (altough not to same extent). Boots ended up pretty much like new.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎