Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vegettoo
    • Oct 2014

i would say ccp insole,but if u r asking abt something u can buy i would say blue footlocker insole(u will know wat is that when u there)

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

Is Firm still the way to go even for creeper soles, Rick 2010 creeper boots to be exact? Do they fill in the extreme heel drag that I definitely stupidly allowed to happen or should I look into getting full replacement soles altogether? Never had to get this done before, any help is appreciated! Lookin at you, Faust!
      Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• antabaka
        • Mar 2013

i've never had a good pair of boots before until today, i picked up a pair of viridi anne oiled reverse steer leather boots
        would it be safe to wear in the winter, or would it get ruined?
        Last edited by antabaka; 12-06-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

depends on the sole.. if its leather, you should add a rubber sole.

aside from the sole, leather in the winter is fine unless they get thoroughly wet constantly. if there is some snow, I don't avoid wearing leather shoes, but if there is a ton or its really wet / slushy, I'll go with something else.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• okayvin
            • Sep 2013

Stay away from salt and wipe with vinegar if you get salt stains.

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

If there is snow, I just wear my beat up timberlands.. basically the most indestructible shoe I almost ever handled :/
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                • Sep 2013

When I wear leather boots in the winter I just make sure to wipe them down with plain water as soon as possible. I was able to completely avoid any salt stains through last year with my boots doing this, but just be careful where possible, don't go jumping in puddles or running through snow banks. They're not winter boots :)
                I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                  • Jun 2012

Reposting from small questions thread:
                  I used some turpentine to get oil paint off some Guidi leather derbies. Paint was removed but the surface of the leather seems a bit dry now. How do I get that subtle, rich guidi lustre back? I'm prepared to use mink oil and buff it---or should I just take em to Firm? Please help!��

Comment

• Jun 2013

Recently I bought layer-0 boots and the heel part is split to two and I was wondering if i should take one layout off wooden upper heel and place to rubber... I went to cobbler today and told me wooden heel part gonna last long, just need to replace on upper sole.
                    Anyone fully re-soled layer-0 boots or do you guys just placed upper sole?

Comment

• Fenix
                      • Aug 2010

Mine have a rubber back part of the split heel. I heel tapped that part and did a thin vibram on the front of the split heel.
                      Originally posted by hausofblaq
                      Grow up.

Comment

• blackfedora
                        • Jan 2012

I did the same as you Fenix.

Comment

• Jun 2013

Thanks Fenix, do you think I should put thin vibram now or is it gonna be okay for wear for a bit? now I only soled upper part and leave the rubber heel part where already had it from made, didnt touch the wooden heel part yet.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I just had a thin rubber put the sole and left the heel as it was with the factory rubber on the back corner. They will last just fine like that, most friction is on the very back of the heel any way.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nahneun
                              • Feb 2011

I have a few pair of shoes that I think are dried out, but I'm not sure how to take care of them. How would I take care of a pair of destroyed horse carpes? Would I treat it like suede?

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Vinyl Only View Post
                                Reposting from small questions thread:
                                I used some turpentine to get oil paint off some Guidi leather derbies. Paint was removed but the surface of the leather seems a bit dry now. How do I get that subtle, rich guidi lustre back? I'm prepared to use mink oil and buff it---or should I just take em to Firm? Please help!��
                                My 995s in horse were pretty dried out from a season of wear through rain and snow. Very dull. There's so much information out there about how to handle caring for leather footwear, and a million products to confuse things further, but I opted for Saphir Renovateur to rejuvenate them, and Saphir black shoe cream

So here's how they started:

I removed the laces, used a shoe brush to brush off any dirt, and used a welt brush for the welt. Then I used a clean microfiber cloth to apply the Renovateur, using only a bit here and there.

Left side in this picture is before Renovateur, right side is after:

After that I waited a few minutes, brushed again, then applied the black shoe cream with a small bristle brush working it over all the leather. Waited another few mins, then used a buffing cloth to get them to this stage:

And finally, laced back up:

Hope that info helps.
                                I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎