Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • en0rm
    • May 2010

Write a mail directly to bbs they will reply and should be able to help you!

Comment

• Quiet
      Banned
      • Nov 2014

is there a way to "polish" reverse leather? mine have turned a greenish hue after a few years of wear. i'd just like to get them back to their black beauty

Comment

• jap808
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by en0rm View Post
        Write a mail directly to bbs they will reply and should be able to help you!
        I'll try, but the shop's guy told me he wrote to BBS several time, tryin' to resolve my issue... But no solution til now

Comment

• GucciAmen
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Quiet View Post
          is there a way to "polish" reverse leather? mine have turned a greenish hue after a few years of wear. i'd just like to get them back to their black beauty
          Suede brush may help.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Quiet View Post
            there are products specifically for 'refreshing' the color of suede footwear. you should be able to find it most places that stock regular shoe polish. i've used various brands on various shoes and it's always worked pretty well.

Comment

• jap808
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
              I'll try, but the shop's guy told me he wrote to BBS several time, tryin' to resolve my issue... But no solution til now
              Problem solved!
              The guys at Dantone worked hard and finally got my "buttons" from BBS
              They send me 4, so -anyone needs one- I'll be happy to share!

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                • Oct 2014

So I have these (picture stolen from eBay - lazy). I love them, but deep down I know I'd prefer them all black. Any experience with dyeing suede shoes? Figure it would't be too hard for a professional.

Comment

• blackfedora
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                  So I have these (picture stolen from eBay - lazy). I love them, but deep down I know I'd prefer them all black. Any experience with dyeing suede shoes? Figure it would't be too hard for a professional.
                  Easier said than done my cobbler (3rd generation, +35 years experience) won't dye suede. He calls it trouble and a pain to recondition afterwards as the leather gets dried out by the dyeing process. The dyes available are almost exclusively in an organic solvent which dries the shit out of leather and suede. Leather can be easily reconditioned and is more predictable in dyeing. Suede soaks up 5-10 times the amount of dye, based on experience. I have dyed small portions of sueded reverse leather (see shoe dyeing section for examples) and i did so with great care. If you could find a water based dye, maybe things would be different...

Comment

• redbible
                    • Mar 2015

Any recommendations for a cobbler in the San Francisco area? Or greater Bay Area in general.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                      Easier said than done my cobbler (3rd generation, +35 years experience) won't dye suede. He calls it trouble and a pain to recondition afterwards as the leather gets dried out by the dyeing process. The dyes available are almost exclusively in an organic solvent which dries the shit out of leather and suede. Leather can be easily reconditioned and is more predictable in dyeing. Suede soaks up 5-10 times the amount of dye, based on experience. I have dyed small portions of sueded reverse leather (see shoe dyeing section for examples) and i did so with great care. If you could find a water based dye, maybe things would be different...
                      there are water-based 'suede leather color restorers' widely available that could work and also there are oil-based leather dyes (these take much much much longer to settle than the solvent-based dyes) if you want to avoid drying out the leather.

but if it were my sneakers, i'd just say fuck it and go with normal solvent-based dye and then use a lot of suede restorer afterwards or maybe even some mink oil on them and brush them up afterwards. suede leather is tougher than u think and the likelihood of them cracking or anything like that is pretty slim, i would think. if i wanted to be a bit careful i might first try the 'suede leather color restorer'-option first, since it is pretty low-risk.

good luck

Comment

• blackfedora
                        • Jan 2012

Thanks for the ideas Shucks, I will track down some suede conditioner for sone future experiments; any suggestions of brand/product?

Thought about oil based dyes (have you experience with them?) but often hard to get a hold of as they aren't shipped across international borders (USA to Canada) due to them containing VOC's. There are ways around this (dye mules), but I gotta put some more effort in I suppose

Comment

• dduyyy
                          • Jul 2014

You guys have any idea how to remove the print on canvas, specifically the 'heart' print on converse x cdg play?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
                            You guys have any idea how to remove the print on canvas, specifically the 'heart' print on converse x cdg play?
                            You could try it with acetone, but you will probably just smear it over the canvas ... maybe paint over it? Or buy some other shoes?
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• dduyyy
                              • Jul 2014

Well, they are gift and I havent weared them much so it'll be a waste if i buy other shoes. Also, I dont like the white stitches on classic chucks.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I doubt its going to look good after you try to remove it, better to try and cover it with something. if you don't care too much about them, try a permanent marker.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎