Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahn
    • Jul 2012

I have really fucked the soles of my Geobaskets. Almost all the ridging has worn off across the entire sole, and I had protection put on the heels which is now peeling off. I've read about people having the entire rubber sole replaced - would it cost more than buying a new pair of Geobaskets? I feel like it's such a procedure... especially since I'm in Australia... IDK what to do with them at this point I've treated them so badly because I wear them so much
    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ahn View Post
      I have really fucked the soles of my Geobaskets. Almost all the ridging has worn off across the entire sole, and I had protection put on the heels which is now peeling off. I've read about people having the entire rubber sole replaced - would it cost more than buying a new pair of Geobaskets? I feel like it's such a procedure... especially since I'm in Australia... IDK what to do with them at this point I've treated them so badly because I wear them so much
      US-wise, replacing shoe soles ought to cost ~$80.

Comment

• ahn
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
        US-wise, replacing shoe soles ought to cost ~$80.
        Is this like replacing the entire sole? Or just adding on another layer to the sole? I'm assuming having the entire sole replaced would have to be done through Rick?
        some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ahn View Post
          Is this like replacing the entire sole? Or just adding on another layer to the sole? I'm assuming having the entire sole replaced would have to be done through Rick?
          Replacing as in ripping off the old sole and putting a new one on. Your situation depends on what you want and how damaged the sole is. I ended up with some holes in the heel of my DBSS and I was able to "just" get the heel replaced.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

For anyone looking for a good cobbler in London, look no further than http://www.classicshoerepairs.com
            They're just north of Camden and do really good work at reasonable prices. Took my Rick kicks there and they knew exactly what to do. Super solid job, including restitching and cleaning of the sole.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• gawkrodger
              • Jun 2013

ah, useful to know, cheers

Comment

• Awful fits
                • May 2016

Anyone know of any good cobblers in Toronto?

Comment

• Tiranis
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Awful fits View Post
                  Anyone know of any good cobblers in Toronto?
                  Everyone goes to Nick's Custom Boots & Shoe Repair. They do excellent work.

Comment

• Lex1017
                    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Tiranis View Post
                    Everyone goes to Nick's Custom Boots & Shoe Repair. They do excellent work.
                    Yup, got my sneakers there right now actually. They fixed up a pair of my Plokhov sneakers that had, had an eyelet tear perfectly. They also do sneaker sole work, but be warned it's not some of the sole rebuilding you see that is essentially layers of rubber sanded into the shape. They carve out the heel and put in a new piece. Get's the job done and will look fine once it's beat up a bit, but their approach isn't the same as a place like The Firm. Also, they will do heel taps on a repaired sole because the piece they put on is pretty thick, but they didn't recommend doing it on non repaired soles because of the hollowness. Anyways, they do great work, just a heads up whether it's the desired look you want.

Comment

• eleves
                      • Sep 2012

Is there anything that can be done about squeaky boots? The right boot makes the loudest, most annoying squeak at every step in my office and it's awkward to say the least! Specifically they are RO creepers from 2010, anyone else have this issue and know what to do about it?
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

are you able to tell what it is exactly that's squeaking? sometimes it's the insole (the case with some removable insoles), sometimes the outsole or something else
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          are you able to tell what it is exactly that's squeaking? sometimes it's the insole (the case with some removable insoles), sometimes the outsole or something else
                          I can definitely feel it squeaking when I walk and I can pinpoint the general area that it's coming from but can't figure out if its the insole or outsole. I did add new outsoles multiple times, I wonder if that's causing it. I'm afraid to rip the insoles out of the boots! Maybe a cobbler can figure it out?
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• disorderb
                            • Jun 2013

Anyone know of any good cobblers in tokyo?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by disorderb View Post
                              Anyone know of any good cobblers in tokyo?
                              Guild of Crafts?

Comment

• disorderb
                                • Jun 2013

just finding a place in tokyo to replace my guidi soles

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎