X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: Men White Shirt

my humble opinion: forget what they say about 'fashion rules' and 'fashion faux pas'...sometimes that white undershirt is just necessary, and at times it even enhances the look. If wearing a pretty sheer white linen shirt, it may be a good idea to add a white undershirt even if you're not buttoning all the way up. And sometimes for a different color shirt i like adding the white undershirt anyway for some contrast. My father does this look quite well.

Comment

• mattjames
      • Mar 2007

Personally I think a white undershirt visible at the collar looks quite bad. A contrast is better, if it fits the outfit as a whole (which for me it usually doesn't.) I also prefer the way a shirt looks over a body without a layer underneath and I can't be the only one who has noticed the difference. I consider the 'feeling nude' thing to be a plus. Feeling nude without being nude is great.

Is that weleda deodorant actually just a deodorant, or an anti-perspirant too? I'm quite a heavy sweater.

Comment

• ykidkwis
        • Jul 2008

[quote user="airboyair"]

i used to avoid wearing white just because i hate those yellow armpit stains, but after i tried on weleda deodorant, whites remained white. i have balenciaga dress shirts that are so high on the armpits and they are still white.

sage and citrus are good staples (i am partial to citrus) but i dare you to wear the wild rose one and i promise it does not smell rose-y girly. i have a friend, she's french and a perfume designer and she told me that the rose oil interacts with a guy's sweat in a good way giving off a musky-floral combination and i can tell you - it works, it does the job and it keeps your whites white. fyi, this french girl is all over me because of my deodorant.

anyway, something to do with aluminum chloride that gives that nasty yellow stain:

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2001-04/986435268.Bc.r.html

but because weleda is all natural, organic, blah blah then do give it a try and wear your whites with confidence.

[/quote]

i was always looking for something that would keep my shirts white since i have so many...i found this stuff at whole foods so i hope it works... thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

/\ Please let us know what you think. I've actually walked away from antiperspirants quite some time ago, but a good natural deodorant would be cool.

Airboyair. Do you find that the deodorant is "sweat away" with moderate to heavy perspiration?

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• airboyair
            • Oct 2006

i switched to weleda because i hate yellow stains on shirts and tees, but the benefit of weleda is beyond the aesthetic - it is more hygienic and healthy. just last weekend, i was in tropical miami and after taking a shower at night and using weleda deodorant before going to bed then heading out for a bike ride to the ocean at dawn the next day, i am still fresh at high noon, albeit i perspired since i rode my bike, but i really don't mind sweat. it's not super sweat but i guess that is just me. i would recommend trying weleda and using it on a gray fruit of the loom tee, go out and enjoy the summer heat and see how soon you will sweat and/or stink. just remember, spraying the weleda when you are dry is key. hope this helps.

Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• Buckwheat
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

I also think it's ok, but don't do it much now. It's a very cdg thing (maybe that's why buckwheat is a fan) -

[/quote]

no I just wear a white under T because of my sweat issue :) don't want to object-dyed my white shirt on top....

looks like Dries Van Noten does the under T and white shirt all the time too from the pictures I have seen....

I always wear my shirt buttoned all the way up...so no open collar issue.

airboy - I went and bought a small bottle of Weleda...will see if it works like magic. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎