X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allanb
    • Apr 2009

Shocked but not surprised.

I have only had to open a dispute once with a seller. Unfortunately, it was a SNAD dispute so I got nowhere. I must say though, the representative I spoke to was extremely helpful but ultimately was of no real help because of the terms of the PayPal user agreement. I even tried small claims court but because we were on opposite sides of the continent it wasn't a realistic solution either.

PayPal have locked my account once previously. I sold 3 pieces through eBay as "new" then they proceeded to lock my account and ask for proof of business registration, wholesale purchase and shipping. A down-right pain in the ass.

Comment

• sinbad
      • Dec 2009

if you are asia seller not japan or singapore you will have many problems when you are being fraudulent by some scam buyer.
      I have bad experience with paypal, but I need to be unwilling to continue because I have no other choice.
      ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• timberlakeld
        • Mar 2010

Anyone know why sometimes the transaction can not be done by Bank instant transfer in Paypal ?

Comment

• treasurehoard
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by timberlakeld View Post
          Anyone know why sometimes the transaction can not be done by Bank instant transfer in Paypal ?
          If you have a paypal balance you can only pay with the balance. Also there is an option for sellers not to accept bank transfers from Germany and China:

Block the following payments:
          Pay with eCheck or German bank transfer for all website payments except eBay. NOTE: You may not block eCheck payments on eBay.

Pay with China bank transfer (China UnionPay) for all website payments
          Other than those cases you should be able to pay with a bank transfer any time. There isn't really much protection on transactions outside of eBay when you pay that way though so you would be better off paying with a credit card if possible.

Comment

• diorowen
            • Aug 2010

yesterday, I received an email about my selling thread in other forum, I was selling a phone, and the buyer ask me to send it to Uk.(im in melbourne btw), later on, the buyer wants to send the phone to Uk for him, and will pay me through paypal. well, I dont see anything suspicious, until I said the price would be $150, then he said he will pay $300 since its urgent (WTF!, if its urgent then just buy the phone there)..well, I kinda think this is a scam, and its too good to be true..
            what do you guys think ?
            what might actually happened if I did sell it, and I send the phone, and he paid through paypal?..If really I received the money, then after I sent the phone, and he said he didnt received while in fact he received it, will he win the claim?..like lets say, I got tracking number and signature of the buyer that he received it, do I have a chance to lose?..well as a buyer I love paypal..but as a seller,.paypal is scary..especially after reading this thread..haha..
            still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• treasurehoard
              • Dec 2009

^ that is a common scam tactic - and most likely in this case that is a scammer. If the buyers address is unconfirmed then you won't be covered by seller protection. If it is confirmed you will be covered as long as you have tracking (or sig confirm over $250). Probably it won't be confirmed though since a stolen credit card would be used and an alternate address that is not connected to the card/cannot be confirmed. I wouldn't really recommend taking a chance on it as you would be out your phone and the money if you lose.

Comment

• diorowen
                • Aug 2010

^
                i guess so..I know the scammer arent dumb at all..a phone that value $210 new, and I sell it $150.. then he want to give me $300..wtf..haha..thanks for ur answer treasurehoard :)
                are u also in ebay with the same account? :)..u got some nice things to sell there..haha..thx

Comment

• jgan85
                  • Apr 2008

^ seconded. would be buying some of the stuff if UPS and USPS didn't charge so damn much to ship internationally.
                  ________
                  The Cigar Boss
                  Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• sinbad
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
                    yesterday, I received an email about my selling thread in other forum, I was selling a phone, and the buyer ask me to send it to Uk.(im in melbourne btw), later on, the buyer wants to send the phone to Uk for him, and will pay me through paypal. well, I dont see anything suspicious, until I said the price would be $150, then he said he will pay $300 since its urgent (WTF!, if its urgent then just buy the phone there)..well, I kinda think this is a scam, and its too good to be true..
                    what do you guys think ?
                    what might actually happened if I did sell it, and I send the phone, and he paid through paypal?..If really I received the money, then after I sent the phone, and he said he didnt received while in fact he received it, will he win the claim?..like lets say, I got tracking number and signature of the buyer that he received it, do I have a chance to lose?..well as a buyer I love paypal..but as a seller,.paypal is scary..especially after reading this thread..haha..

This case like me,
                    Paypal sympathetic scamp

Comment

• diorowen
                      • Aug 2010

^
                      just curious,
                      what happened to you?

Comment

• sinbad
                        • Dec 2009

I sell my pants price 260 usd on ebay and winner bid have address on paypal in New york but he have address on ebay in Rome Italy, I will ship to New York but the buyer request me to send it to Rome and told me if I ship to New york no one waiting to get the pant, so I ship to italy via EMS and shown tracking number on paypal transaction page
                        when I shipped to rome I check tracking from post office website and he received in next 8 days and never leave me ebay feedback coz it will Prove that the goods have been received already.
                        5 weeks later he open claim on paypal reason my pant bigger than for him reason for claim he need to protect himself
                        I contact him again told him send the pant back and I'll refund money but his pant send me back become to other fucking pant it's not my pant, I contact with paypal again but paypal told me I received my pant already and reverse my money to buyer I lost my pant and money for shipping cost from my Daftness!! and trust in paypal please beware this trick from scam buyer.

Comment

• diorowen
                          • Aug 2010

^..
                          paypal buyer protection own!
                          but really, I think paypal need to revise their policy..and pay more attention to the claim..coz buyer mostly win here..=_=//

Comment

• taylen
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by sinbad View Post
                            I sell my pants price 260 usd on ebay and winner bid have address on paypal in New york but he have address on ebay in Rome Italy, I will ship to New York but the buyer request me to send it to Rome and told me if I ship to New york no one waiting to get the pant, so I ship to italy via EMS and shown tracking number on paypal transaction page
                            when I shipped to rome I check tracking from post office website and he received in next 8 days and never leave me ebay feedback coz it will Prove that the goods have been received already.
                            5 weeks later he open claim on paypal reason my pant bigger than for him reason for claim he need to protect himself
                            I contact him again told him send the pant back and I'll refund money but his pant send me back become to other fucking pant it's not my pant, I contact with paypal again but paypal told me I received my pant already and reverse my money to buyer I lost my pant and money for shipping cost from my Daftness!! and trust in paypal please beware this trick from scam buyer.
                            You should approve to pp the email or ebay message from the seller which prove that he requested you to ship the item to his another address. I've done that before. it worked for me.

Comment

• sinbad
                              • Dec 2009

Thank you taylen for your suggestion
                              I'll remember it was my stupid!!

Comment

• sinbad
                                • Dec 2009

Ask someone who know again
                                How to I send money as "gift", and How It is good or bad to buyer and seller?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎