X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timberlakeld
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Fry Chicken
    I've been banned from paypal few days ago, just after receiveing few payments as gift... (Actually, i'm sending and receiving money as gift for months, and already contacted them about this, they said: no problem, but it's at sender's own risks)

In a first time, they restricted my account, and asked me for tracking numbers, bills, and address of my manufacturers.
    I instantly called them, explained them all "i'm not a pro, i buy 3 times more than what i sell, you can check account history, many items have been bought online, and all the shit..."

They said ok, we're gonna study your case, write this, and add it to restriction form.

After doing this, i received a mail saying: "please send us bills and address of manufacturers"
    I called them again, same shit...write it and send it...
    I also explained that if gift payments were the problem, i would stop and i was agree to have my account restricted until buyers confirm the reception of the goods like they do for ebay transaction...

Next day, i received an agressive mail saying something like this "ok, you don't want to give us the details, you are no longer allowed to use paypal, and this decision is irrevocable"

What the...

I called them few times, they said, "oh obviously there was an miscommunication..." but they are not able to reactivate my account.
    More than 1k€ on my account, that they're gonna keep 180 days and i'm not allowed to create a new paypal account.

Just want to add that i never had problem with buyers and sellers, no disputes, no complaints.
    After seeing all these, I think it would be better to withdraw all your money from paypal everytime once you receive the payments..
    Just keep your paypal account 0 fund...

Comment

• taylen
      • Jul 2010

i got some problems w/ them in the past. i spent 2-3 hours/a day to call, explain, approve to them all the details within about a month............ never scammed anyone, or had bad history. using 2 bank accounts, 2 credit cards, also paypal credit card as well. i always withdrawn funds right after i receive it. one day, withdraw is pending. they sent me email and hold my funds. they said they need more info (receipt, etc...) about my stuff/money (from my family) that i've been buying/selling. Even they're just old clothes. when withdrawn is still pending to your bank, they can still hold it as well whenever they want to.

Comment

• timberlakeld
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by taylen View Post
        i got some problems w/ them in the past. i spent 2-3 hours/a day to call, explain, approve to them all the details within about a month............ never scammed anyone, or had bad history. using 2 bank accounts, 2 credit cards, also paypal credit card as well. i always withdrawn funds right after i receive it. one day, withdraw is pending. they sent me email and hold my funds. they said they need more info (receipt, etc...) about my stuff/money (from my family) that i've been buying/selling. Even they're just old clothes. when withdrawn is still pending to your bank, they can still hold it as well whenever they want to.
        Then what happened after? did they give back your funds? how can I provide a recepit if the items was second hand?

Comment

• taylen
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by timberlakeld View Post
          Then what happened after? did they give back your funds? how can I provide a recepit if the items was second hand?
          They hold my funds about 5 weeks. i kept calling them everyday, told them that how can i have the receipts for those things while i bought them long time ago and some which were second hand. after 4 weeks, they email'd me as my pp account resolved/everything's approved. i withdrawn my funds right after that. if you're lucky, you can talk to nice people. they can help you get the problem solved easily. otherwise, you have to do whatever they need.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

just recently had a problem with a seller who sold me a clearly used item described as new. I filed a paypal claim, took ages for them to review it, and instead of actual proof (pictures etc) they wanted documentation from a third party, outlining how/why the item is different than described. fair enough, I went ahead and got a letter from a retailer stating that the item appears used, and sent it to paypal. a week later, they reply that they require a signature on the document, which was not listed as a requirement in the original request.

In order to continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must
            request documentation to support your claim that the item is damaged or
            significantly not as described. Please obtain a document (such as an
            estimate or invoice) from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, repair
            shop, appraiser, or another individual or organization that is qualified in
            the area of the item in question (other than yourself). This document
            should detail the extent of the damage or clearly explain how the item
            received significantly differs from the item advertised. Please do not
            proceed with any repairs or alterations to the item, as doing so will limit
            PayPals ability to successfully resolve your claim, and may result in the
            cancellation of your dispute. If possible, the document should include a
            serial number and description of the item, and the dollar amount required
            to complete the repairs necessary to correct the damage. This document must
            be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the
            individual, business, or organization so that PayPal may contact them if
            necessary.
            I was travelling at this point, unable to provide them with this and within a week they had decided the case in the sellers favour. he didn't have to prove anything, I wen't through all the trouble and at the end was left with a faulty product. thankfully it was only a t-shirt, not very expensive and had just minimal signs of wear. but another lesson learned about paypal..

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• humancrack
              • Feb 2008

the exact same thing happened to me too when i received a fake pair of shoes

i had to go to a retailer

1) use their "header/logo" in the letter
              2) acquire a signature
              3) take pictures of the real item
              4) ship the fake shoes back to the seller with my own money.

in the end, i received the full amount in 3 months.

paypal is awesome

Comment

• Wax
                • Sep 2009

did you guys buy off ebay or paypal only?

Comment

• ironman
                  • Apr 2008

just a heads up

so apparently if you lose a claim and have to refund a buyer, you have to pay the PayPal fee twice. example in my case:

was paid $1000, received net $970.30 USD after paypal fees. had to refund the buyer full $1000, but paypal kept its fee, so in order for me to pay the buyer 1000 (instead of the 970 i received), I was down an extra ~$30. but on a positive note, call in and complain and they'll get rid of that fee just like that
                  Last edited by ironman; 09-14-2010, 10:48 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Wax View Post
                    did you guys buy off ebay or paypal only?
                    this was ebay
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• diorowen
                      • Aug 2010

@ironman
                      nah, they will automatically return the paypal fee I think.
                      I often do refund and yeah, Paypal fee doesnt occur there.
                      still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

not if it is a claim and you complete the claim process. meaning if you and the buyer disagree and you want paypal to decide, and then you lose, you have to pay the fee

their reasoning is that they still had to process the payment twice, despite it still being a refund reversal.

if you give a regular refund which isn't part of the claims process, or you and the buyer agree on terms, then the fee is refunded

Comment

• diorowen
                          • Aug 2010

^
                          ooo..thanks for correcting me man!..
                          still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• sam_tem
                            • Apr 2007

goddamnit, i can't use my credit card to pay for "goods" on paypal anymore. this is obama's fault for those credit card changes they recently enacted, isn't it?

i understand that poor and/or irresponsible folks don't get benefits like us frequent credit card users do, but forcing everyone to drop credit cards and use cash/banks which are a hell of a lot more crooked than cc companies is not a good alternative. luckily i'm with a credit union but that means i can't get pick up cash as easily and i'm sure as hell going to spend a lot less money if i can't use my credit card purely out of spite against the gov't.

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

You can still use a credit card to pay for 'goods' on Paypal...i did it earlier today. I think it depends on what merchant you're using. Some refuse to accept credit card payment and will only take a bank transfer or paypal balance because they don't want to have to pay the additional fees associated with a merchant account taking credit cards.

All of that would depend on the merchant, which would make the decision as to whether or not to accept them based on whether they are willing to pay the extra fees.

Most have figured out by now that the majority will use a bank transfer and there are less fees for that. If I was a merchant accepting paypal, I probably wouldn't take credit cards either because you end up paying around 6.7-7% (maybe more) instead of the normal 3%.

Obama's fault?
                              That's a bit of a stretch isn't it?
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• sam_tem
                                • Apr 2007

but this wasn't to a merchant, just a regular person. anyhow, it's a bit odd.

and it is Obama's fault. my understanding of that the recent lawsuit the gov't carried out against the credit card companies is that all businesses will now have the right to implement tiered pricing, as in they can (and i'm sure they will) charge customers more if they choose to pay with a credit card as opposed to cash/debit.

anyhow, paypal put my account on hold yesterday after gifting money to my girlfriend so she can pay the doctor. got an email saying there may be a "third party breach" of my account so it's on hold and i can't call them from the middle of the ocean to remove the hold. bunch of punks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎