Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • destroymebaby
    • Aug 2012

Fuck. I need help. A guy bought a pair of Guidis from me (on Grailed). After a week he claimed that the he never received the shoes. I checked the tracking and found out that they actually had been delivered.

Nevertheless he immediately claimed a refund from Paypal, which he got!

What the fuck? This guy is a scam.
    The morning is not enough.

Comment

• ian+
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by destroymebaby View Post
      Fuck. I need help. A guy bought a pair of Guidis from me (on Grailed). After a week he claimed that the he never received the shoes. I checked the tracking and found out that they actually had been delivered.

This doesn't make sense. Didn't paypal give sou some time to actually respond to the claim?
      ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• destroymebaby
        • Aug 2012

Yes, one week, but they sent it to an email address I only use for paypal and therefore seldom check. I didn't see the message until today.

Comment

• ian+
          • Dec 2011

Yes, one week, but they sent it to an email address I only use for paypal and therefore seldom check. I didn't see the message until today.
          Hm, that's bad. Anyway just call them and explain the situation. Provide documents from the post and the online tracking report. You might get lucky. Also you should check that email account more often.
          ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• destroymebaby
            • Aug 2012

However I've sent an email to Paypal with all the info and the link that proves that he received the shoes.

Comment

• destroymebaby
              • Aug 2012

Yeah, but I couldn't in my wildest dreams think that he would claim not to have received the shoes when the tracking said he did. I'll unleash hell on this guy if it turns out I've lost both the Guidis and 600 usd.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                • Oct 2014

Yeah, but I couldn't in my wildest dreams think that he would claim not to have received the shoes when the tracking said he did. I'll unleash hell on this guy if it turns out I've lost both the Guidis and 600 usd.
                I mean it is possible that he didn't receive it, there's been problems with services like UPS where it says signature required, but they just drop it off at your front door and I assume the delivery guy just signs it himself.
                But with a receipt that you sent it and messages between you and the buyer on Grailed along with the tracking number, I'm sure you'll get some kind of compensation.

Comment

• destroymebaby
                  • Aug 2012

Yes, I am aware of this, but I can't be my responsibility as a seller if there's a miss in communication between USPS and the buyer. Especially not in this situation, where it's proven that the shoes at least have been delivered.

Comment

• noirgt
                    • Oct 2012

Classic paypal scam. Paypal is always in favor of buyer so you're very likely gonna lose both. I used to sell a pair of fenom jeans on ebay an the buyer claimed it's fake as soon as he got it. After fighting with paypal and eBay for a month, I had to refund him and he got to "destroy" the jeans...

Comment

• Null12
                      • Oct 2013

Hmmm... You typically have to sign for those international packs in order to accept the package. I really hope there was some type of signature confirmation and or insurance higher than XXX amount in order to make it a sig. delivery.

I've lost a pair of Nike SB Statue of Liberty this way. (A while back I thought I had placed enough insurance and I was off by like a dollar or something silly... (*Via USPS, you would have to spend over $200.01 or more to make it automatically a sig. delivery or simply add a signature delivery tracking.)

After a month of pending time and being in the red with Paypal (because the buyer got his/her money back asap) they told me they could not do anything without a signature. I had lost the shoes and my money... T_T

I saw my shoes listed by the person's off-ebay store 2 weeks later. It was the worse feeling ever...

Hard lesson learned. I have never shipped without sig. confirmation/insurance since then.

Just sharing this small bit for the younger / new sellers out there - it's easy to let little things slip by when you are shipping multiple items out at the busy post. Always ask for the proof. Be safe~
                      Last edited by Null12; 01-23-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

once Paypal has refunded someone their money, they can't reverse the refund.

if you're persistent, polite, and thoroughly explain the situation to a supervisor (just ask nicely to speak with one), they MIGHT compensate you (partially), but it's unlikely unless you do a lot of business through their platform.

-

Comment

• treasurehoard
                          • Dec 2009

^ yeah, very difficult to recover any funds. You can file an appeal but even if you win the appeal PayPal does not clawback the money. They just tell you that you can ask the buyer to return the money. If you are lucky the buyer will return the money out of the goodness of their heart

You might have some luck filing a police report to recover the money/item, if you live in the same country or have someone there who can file on your behalf. Was able to recover a few things this way but it is extremely difficult and takes a long time. If you are not in the same country it will probably be significantly more trouble to do this.

For future sales you should enter the tracking into paypal when you ship the item. If there is a dispute it automatically is entered in. If you are not able to respond immediately you don't end up losing the dispute by default for not providing a tracking number.

Comment

• destroymebaby
                            • Aug 2012

Paypal closed my claim. And the guy of course refuse to answer my emails. I googled his email address and found out that others (on Style Forum) warn about him. He is apparently a scam and I will make his name and info public so that others can avoid him.

Let me know if you see a pair of bone colored Guidis size 45 for sale anytime soon.

Comment

• destroymebaby
                              • Aug 2012

Thankfully no, it's these:

Comment

• d'avant-garde
                                • Sep 2013

go to a local branch of the company you used to ship. get a print out of the shipping tracking details. call paypal and fax them this proof and they'll grant you an appeal. for future reference you'll win the claim if you print shipping label through paypal and use signature confirmation (although that might not be available if shipping international)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎