Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guardimp
    • Jun 2010

If people want you to ship at a lower value then have them pay as a gift.

Comment

• mzez
      • Nov 2014

i've heard gift payment is rather easy to get a refund though, you just tell them it's unauthorized, or you call/harass them enough times and paypal refunds you

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

yeah basically i always ship with tracking and insured as much as possible. not worth the risk. i almost had a heart attack yesterday when two packages shipped without insurance (long story) containing some very expensive items went AWOL on me.

and yeah, i heard the same about 'gifts' - i think they can still be claimed against for a refund. anyone know for sure?

Comment

• treasurehoard
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
          and yeah, i heard the same about 'gifts' - i think they can still be claimed against for a refund. anyone know for sure?
          Yes, several ways actually. If the buyer uses a CC or bank account to cover the gift payment and later files a chargeback or tells the bank the payment was fraudulent they may be able to get the charges reversed. Since the payment was made with the gift option it doesn't have the same kind of seller protection a regular payment does. A normal payment would offer seller protection - tracking shows delivered, item is signed for, even proof of shipment in some cases is acceptable to get seller protection coverage.

Also as already mentioned a persistent person could also get it reversed by calling paypal about it multiple times and just playing the system until they get a rep that is sympathetic to them and willing to reverse the payment through a claim. Since the seller did not ship to a confirmed/ok to ship to address in this case there is a good chance they will lose by default.

Comment

• nvsnli
            • Mar 2013

I have other issues with PayPal. According to some EU money laundering laws i have to proof stuff to PP.

Send pic of passport, send pic of drivers lisence, send pic of bill that shows valid address.

Done all that and in the resolution center the case still apparently needs something more from me.
            I am not too sure what to do anymore since i have done everything they have asked for and the case is still open.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
              I have other issues with PayPal. According to some EU money laundering laws i have to proof stuff to PP.

Send pic of passport, send pic of drivers lisence, send pic of bill that shows valid address.

Done all that and in the resolution center the case still apparently needs something more from me.
              I am not too sure what to do anymore since i have done everything they have asked for and the case is still open.
              Try calling them?

Comment

• ironman
                • Apr 2008

does anyone have any personal experience with buyers refusing packages without saying a word?

i randomly decided to check on the tracking of an expedited parcel, and canada post is saying it was refused on Mar 3 and is coming back to me

Italian Post says Mar 4, 5, 6 was 3 attempted deliveries with buyer refusing the package each time

is there any PayPal protection against refused packages? and if not, will i lose the $70 CAD i paid to have it shipped to Italy?

according to some people (google results) PayPal does not offer buyer protection when a buyer refuses a package. but i cannot find any notion of this in the policy

Comment

• nvsnli
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                  Try calling them?
                  Got it sorted, sent an angry email.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                    does anyone have any personal experience with buyers refusing packages without saying a word?

i randomly decided to check on the tracking of an expedited parcel, and canada post is saying it was refused on Mar 3 and is coming back to me

Italian Post says Mar 4, 5, 6 was 3 attempted deliveries with buyer refusing the package each time

is there any PayPal protection against refused packages? and if not, will i lose the $70 CAD i paid to have it shipped to Italy?

according to some people (google results) PayPal does not offer buyer protection when a buyer refuses a package. but i cannot find any notion of this in the policy
                    technically if someone refuses a package they are not covered by PayPal's protection programs.
                    —
                    -

Comment

• ironman
                      • Apr 2008

thanks

i hope that's true. i emailed and called paypal and they seem to say different. and that i'd have to give back the full amount too

i made a mistake and made a money request instead of an invoice. if i made an invoice, the shipping price would be separate and i would save $70 if the item is actually returned to me

i don't really understand why someone would refuse the package 3 days in a row and not say anything. here's to hoping he replies and it's all just a misunderstanding =/

Comment

• treasurehoard
                        • Dec 2009

^ lately eBay has been denying buyers claims when they refuse the package (especially international ones due to customs), then allowing the seller to refund the amount they choose. I would just refund them MINUS your shipping cost once the item comes back and leave it at that. If they file a dispute call paypal and try to get a sympathetic rep on the phone to close out the case in your favor.

Comment

• ironman
                          • Apr 2008

thanks guys

i hope you are right. also i am very confused with the italian post tracking information:

3/7/2015 04:55 the SHIPMENT will be DELIVERED as soon as Milan 3
                          3/6/2015 04:57 the EXPEDITION and was REFUSED by ADDRESSEE Milan 3
                          3/5/2015 04:32 the EXPEDITION and was REFUSED by ADDRESSEE Milan 3
                          3/4/2015 04:51 the EXPEDITION and was REFUSED by ADDRESSEE Milan 3
                          3/3/2015 20:10 BEGINNING STOCK Milan 3
                          3/3/2015 15:50 the EXPEDITION and was REFUSED by ADDRESSEE Milan 3
                          3/3/2015 07:20 OVER Milan 3
                          3/2/2015 20:46 shipping and TRAVEL Hub IN Milan Expressed
                          shipping and 20:46 3/2/2015 ' MATCH Milan Express Hub
                          shipping and 19:01 3/2/2015 ' MATCH Milan Gateway Poste Italiane
                          3/2/2015 19:00 OUT of the INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE CENTER Milan Gateway Poste Italiane
                          3/2/2015 11:56 CHECK Milan Poste Italiane Gateway DOCUMENTATION
                          3/2/2015 11:55 PROCESSING INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE CENTER Milan Gateway Poste Italiane
                          how can it be shipment will be delivered soon? does that mean on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th they didn't actually try to deliver it?

Comment

• BrianK
                            • Jan 2013

I recently received a pair of leather ramones with the faulty white soles that has pink-ish dye spots all over the white soles.

The merchant wouldn't accept a return because they state that this isn't a flaw so i opened a case on paypal for a return but paypal is telling me:

"Ask the expert to explain what's wrong with the item. The written opinion should be on the expert's letterhead, include the date, state the expert's years of experience in their field, and be signed by the expert. Also, please ask the expert to provide copies of their credentials. An example of their credentials could include a copy of the expert's license in the field or business car"

So i was wondering if i can pay anybody here like a $50.00 fee if thats enough to write out a small letter that has some sort of expert knowledge/credential to give an explanation on my behalf. This is quite surprising since i really never gotten such an odd request from paypal.

Comment

• guardimp
                              • Jun 2010

Can you go to the rick owens store, seeing as you are in NYC? That would work best for the paypal claim. If that does not work and paypal denies your claim, you should contact your credit card provider if you paid with the credit card through paypal, they can deal with paypal more effectively.

Comment

• BrianK
                                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
                                Can you go to the rick owens store, seeing as you are in NYC? That would work best for the paypal claim. If that does not work and paypal denies your claim, you should contact your credit card provider if you paid with the credit card through paypal, they can deal with paypal more effectively.
                                Thanks i have actually contacted them through email unfortunately they stated that because the order wasn't from their site they can't look into it...im honestly confused by this from paypal since i don't know what kind of professional they're looking for

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎