• kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

what's black, grey and occasionally red? me

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I like this thread. Interesting to read how people choose to spend their money.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

Unless you're confusing this thread with Recent Purchases, how, Dane, are you able to tell what people spend their money on based off of random, tongue-in-cheek pictures sourced from the internet?

Is it something you were born with or is it something you are drinking?

If it's the latter, pour me a glass, will you?. I'd like to experience these visions, too! .
        If you can keep a secret: I've this crazy knack for adopting tongue-in-cheek dress philosophies... without having to own the t-shirt.

Bananas, isn't it.
        sain't

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Enough stupid pictures - too easy. This is one of the most interesting threads, so let's see some interesting thoughts.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vinet
            • Mar 2013

I dress like my life is a video game, and I'm the main character. I want my clothes to show my story and perspective, set me apart from the rest of the cast/world and for the function of the garment to lend to the form.

Comment

• ambrosian
              • Dec 2012

i know how you feel, i style myself after sephiroth
              street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                Unless you're confusing this thread with Recent Purchases, how, Dane, are you able to tell what people spend their money on based off of random, tongue-in-cheek pictures sourced from the internet?

Is it something you were born with or is it something you are drinking?

If it's the latter, pour me a glass, will you?. I'd like to experience these visions, too! .
                If you can keep a secret: I've this crazy knack for adopting tongue-in-cheek dress philosophies... without having to own the t-shirt.

Bananas, isn't it.
                I was speaking of the posts prior to the stupid pictures, of course.

Can you name one thread on this forum that doesn't get a string of stupid pix at one point or another? Comic relief.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Enough stupid pictures - too easy. This is one of the most interesting threads, so let's see some interesting thoughts.
                  Originally posted by Vinet View Post
                  I dress like my life is a video game, and I'm the main character. I want my clothes to show my story and perspective, set me apart from the rest of the cast/world and for the function of the garment to lend to the form.
                  Originally posted by ambrosian View Post
                  i know how you feel, i style myself after sephiroth
                  ^hmmm given the nature of the thoughts our new members are able to deliver, i'd vote for a return to images.
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

whenever i wear draping layers i like the movement to be as close to imagery like this as possible. sometimes when i walk drenched in black i imagine an inky black smoke trailing behind me and i feel peaceful encased within.

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

I used to live for clothes and now I just live in them.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                        ^hmmm given the nature of the thoughts our new members are able to deliver, i'd vote for a return to images.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                          At the same time, if the audience has become accustomed to certain characteristics and attributes of a designer's work, it's really disappointing when they just move on. This is how I feel about Ann's latest work.
                          so you must not relate to comme at all?

the labels that move me, and shake me to states of literal elation do so by way capturing beauty (dries van noten) and shifting my boundries (comme des garcons).

with Dries, he is the artist on the hill, canvas on an easel, that uses his paint to try to capture the beauty of what he sees...transformed into clothing. his shapes dont change much but most seasons he creates a desire in me, provoked by the way he dangles prints and colors in front of my eyes, that make me feel beautiful.

Rei and Junya, even Tao (with her historical references) are the Darwins of garment design. While Junya uses his skills with patternmaking to push limits, Rei transforms the world of clothing as well, clothing. She doesnt know how to stay still, the mind of a genius that forces the rethinking of concept and theory in through garments.

these two philosophy's (and there are more designers along the same lines) elicit desire and separation of savings because they tap into my core...hippie motivation to shutter conformity and just feel damn good.

Comment

• rider
                            eyes of the world
                            • Jun 2009

^ hope i didnt sound like too much of a drama girl but i am a child of the 60's after all...

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

I related to the cult leader theory. As shameful as it is these days to say it, If I admire someone's vision, I tend to be a sheep and follow. I won't go as far as accepting all of their vision at times (ie - rick's one-shoulder numbers), but if I have enough in common with a designer to wear an entire outfit by them, I tend to agree with many future ideas (ie - rick's clogs), especially if that designer's work suits my lifestyle and their ideas are broad enough to keep my interest.

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

there's a difference between new art being the arc of your career and losing direction, or having none to begin with; how a lot of mass market designers seem to pick themes out of a hat.

rei kawakubo is far from inconsistent, but i have felt pretty cold about the direction ann's label has been moving on the whole.

Originally posted by merz
                                or a cult leader (i'm looking at you, patroklus..)
                                i don't know if rick is my cult leader, but he's definitely the designer i care most about and pay most attention to right now, and part of that is because i feel he's going to be the most important in retrospect, for this particular point in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎