• Sep 2006

Re: How should I wear it?

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="threerepute"][quote user="Faust"]

brown + black = good!

brown + white = good!

[/quote]

black + brown = frown.

[/quote]

works for me - i love a jet-black with chocolate brown, don't see what the problem is.

[/quote]

Ditto I tend to disregard the no pairing black with navy or brown rule very often and with what is, I assume, great success. In fact I do have 2 shirts that mix navy and black together (one is made of navy and blackthreads woven together and the other is navy with black stripes). I also often pair a chocolate sweater with black pants and dark brown shoes. These rules are derived from the "no brown in town" and "you can only wear a black suit at night" that really don't reflect what I aspire to anyway. I guess they're fine if you want to fit in in traditional english high society of the 30sbut that's not my case.

As with anyone who was blown away by Yohji Yamamoto's early all black, leavingall attention focused on the cut, drape and timeless quality of the garments I tend to think black goes with everything anyway, even different shades of black.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Yep, I can also wear black with navy, and I am wearing brown with navy right now.

Albert, a very good combination is brown with light blue. However, light blue has become debased by the yuppie culture, so it's pretty hard to find something good in that color. I have my Dries cardigan in sky-blue and it looks great with brown pants.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Hmm, good idea here. The pants in question should be arriving today or tomorrow so I'll be able to see just how brown they really are. Hell, it may be a moot point!

Personally, I don't think I'm ready for light blue on me just yet. I really like the monochromatic nature of my wardrobe as of right now hehehehe.

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• threerepute
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Yep, I can also wear black with navy, and I am wearing brown with navy right now.

Albert,
          a very good combination is brown with light blue. However, light
          blue has become debased by the yuppie culture, so it's pretty hard to
          find something good in that color. I have my Dries cardigan in
          sky-blue and it looks great with brown pants.

[/quote]

now i agree with you there, brown and light blue is one of my favorite combinations.

Comment

• djrajio
            • Sep 2006

Brown + Black = Great.
            Recently, I've been doing black jeans with mahogany/brown boots and it looks great. I've gotten lots of compliments on the look. Especially if the coordinate top is black, it gives your entire wardrobe a focal-point/base to draw the eye towards.

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

What's your take on matching leathers? I tend to wear more brown shoes and belts but sometimes paired with black leather jackets, I must say your mileage may vary. I usually match belt and shoes though, although I'm not looking for the exact same tint (too tidy and business-like).

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]

Brown + Black = Great.
                Recently, I've been doing black jeans with mahogany/brown boots and it looks great. I've gotten lots of compliments on the look. Especially if the coordinate top is black, it gives your entire wardrobe a focal-point/base to draw the eye towards.

[/quote]

I like to have an all black outfit with cognac boots, for pretty much the same purpose.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]What's your take on matching leathers? I tend to wear more brown shoes and belts but sometimes paired with black leather jackets, I must say your mileage may vary. I usually match belt and shoes though, although I'm not looking for the exact same tint (too tidy and business-like).[/quote]

I usually like my leathers to match (boots, belt, and jacket), but today I am wearing black boots and a light brown suede jackets, and it looks great.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
                    • Sep 2006

It must depends on the shades of brown but if I am not wrongbrown + black is one of the biggest don'ts. Balenciaga loved it tho:-) it might be bc he made quite dramatic dresses at that time.

I don't remember where I read that blue and blk is also a don't. I think it was in Prada SS07 review. But I like the blue+blk combo:-)

Iam not goodinmixing colors, unless it'sblk and white:-)) but I started wearing red tramps to blk jeans and blk coat and Ithink I looked ok:-P

I wear blue jeans with every other colors (mean blue, grey and red)

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎