X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phiman
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by tehfangs View Post
    There is a brand called "Croquis" which I do like (the designer is from Hangzhou) so I guess that is close to a local designer which you could check out, very wearable pieces and nothing too out there. There is a shop in Raffles City (People's Square) and I think one in IFC.

Other than that, I buy online or back home as the prices are much better than anything I have seen in China. But then if you are a tuhao, then what's a couple of thousand $ when you are crashing lamborghinis on the weekend?
    I've picked up a pair of Croquis pants as well as a light coat during my recent 4 month stay in China. Nice collection with a lot of inspired and wearable designs that are, and this is a rare sight in China, not a rip off of Western brands. Definitely recommended to anybody staying in Shanghai/Hangzhou and interested in regional brands. Quality is not overwhelming though. They have multiple stores in Shanghai and Hangzhou (e.g. InStyle Mall at Xihu in HZ).

I also remember an interesting Chinese brand called 'Seven Days', that I came across 4 years ago in SHA. Couldn't find their boutique during my most recent visit though, might have shut down...

Other than that shopping for SZ brands in China is a big disappointment, as already stated by other posters. Prices are just insane, and shop assistants seem to be completely uninterested in serving 'regular' customers (no matter if you're Western or Chinese looking). I guess they run their business completely on tuhaos which is, then again, no surprise considering the clothing budget of the average Shanghainese.

Comment

• skullkid
      • Aug 2015

hello.. will be going to shanghai or four days. any sightseeing place or good resturant

Comment

• porthidium
        • Aug 2013

I rather dislike shopping in Shanghai due to the insane taxes they place on luxury / foreign goods.

I go back once a year and I often shop at the boutiques of Chinese designers. I'm a bit more interested in spending money in something that I can't exactly get in the US (not to mention also supporting the native designers).

Ziggy Chen and Decoster (already mentioned)
        Uma Wang
        ZucZug/Cha Gang/Wang Yi Yang (has a really beautiful store in the French Concession district. A favorite of fashion historian Dr. Hazel Clark)
        SEVEN DAYS ** I love this boutique. It is still around! It's a multi-brand store, prices are really really reasonable. Obviously the young designers (from all over China) draw inspiration from a lot of established individuals - but still fun nonetheless to buy beautifully made garments of interesting cuts and fabrications.
        @porthidium_

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
          • Jan 2015

Does anyone have a current adress for Seven Days? I tried one of the adresses I found online, but it was out of date. No body in the building had ever heard of the store. Also, their old website doesn't seem to work anymore...

Comment

• Blacknight
            • May 2013

Just got back from a short trip to Shanghai. Dropped by Eth0s while I was there, and wow, pretty amazing place. Great store design and a good variety of designers. I particularly loved their selection of Ziggy Chen and and a ton of Geoffrey B. Small. Staff was pretty helpful too. Definitely recommend paying a visit.

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Blacknight View Post
              Just got back from a short trip to Shanghai. Dropped by Eth0s while I was there, and wow, pretty amazing place. Great store design and a good variety of designers. I particularly loved their selection of Ziggy Chen and and a ton of Geoffrey B. Small. Staff was pretty helpful too. Definitely recommend paying a visit.
              some pictures recently released of the space. http://www.eth0s.net/pages/eth0s-space

Comment

• skullkid
                • Aug 2015

just finished a trip here.....the foods are nice , but nothing to shop. the shops mentioned here are very expensive due to import duties and tax. if you go there for shopping, you will be disappointed. might as well book a trip to Hong kong and/or Tokyo.

Comment

• zeebee
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by skullkid View Post
                  just finished a trip here.....the foods are nice , but nothing to shop. the shops mentioned here are very expensive due to import duties and tax. if you go there for shopping, you will be disappointed. might as well book a trip to Hong kong and/or Tokyo.
                  Hong Kong is no longer a good shopping destination if price is your discerning factor.

Comment

• limorr
                    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by zeebee View Post
                    Hong Kong is no longer a good shopping destination if price is your discerning factor.
                    zeebee Can you please elaborate? I am yet to visit Hong Kong and was personally curious on what the prices would be in a store like ink? I can't imagine them being so high considering all those titanium elbow leather jackets flying out the door, but maybe that's the market of China. Thanks.

Comment

• zeebee
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by limorr View Post
                      zeebee Can you please elaborate? I am yet to visit Hong Kong and was personally curious on what the prices would be in a store like ink? I can't imagine them being so high considering all those titanium elbow leather jackets flying out the door, but maybe that's the market of China. Thanks.
                      Ink has grown nicely in how they've expanded their brands/offerings. Regular prices are pretty much in line with everyone but IMO their sale prices cannot compare to the sales online.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎