• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrettChaotix
    • Nov 2007

Request for help/pics from RO jacket owners

Hi All,

Apologies if this should have been posted somewhere else but I thought the request might get lost in "small questions" and none of the other sub-forums seemed appropriate.

Would someone mind taking some detailed shots of their RO jacket shoulder strap for me? I'm going to have my tailor add a similar strap to a couple of my Wing & Horns jackets but I don't own a RO to compare it to. Also, being in Baltimore, the closest RO retailer is 3 hours away

I'm hoping for detailed shots of the attachment points as well as a larger placement shot. I've scouring the forums and Google's image search but have come up with nada so far.

Thanks in advance!
  • merkuri
    • Sep 2009

why not just add it in a way that's most comfortable for you? it's just a simple, thin diagonal elastic strap.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Just a thin strap right at the bottom of the armhole.Not really useful IMHO and can sometimes get in the way when you put on the jacket. I'm very meh about them.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

seconding fuuma. they are uncomfortable and unsightly and you can just as easily sling your jacket over your shoulder if you don't want to wear it.
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• merkuri
          • Sep 2009

i like to tie mine around my shoulders. looks incredible when paired with my dockers.

Comment

• sargon97
            • Jan 2009

My arm gets tangled in the strap when putting it on about 20% of the time, gets annoying when your in a hurry. I thought it was cool at first but now not so much. I do sling it over my shoulder sometimes but it usually spins around to the front and I have to push it back, not sure if its just me but that's annoying too.

Comment

• BrettChaotix
              • Nov 2007

Thanks for the comments so far!

Interesting feedback about the strap getting in the way. I was looking at the RO jackets for direction because I assumed he had figured out the best placement but maybe I'll experiment a little bit first with an older jacket. If RO is putting his directly under the armholes, maybe I'll try a vertical placement at the collar and bottom-center.

Comment

Originally posted by BrettChaotix View Post

Interesting feedback about the strap getting in the way. I was looking at the RO jackets for direction because I assumed he had figured out the best placement but maybe I'll experiment a little bit first with an older jacket. If RO is putting his directly under the armholes, maybe I'll try a vertical placement at the collar and bottom-center.
                he's done both the diagonal placement and the vertical placement. the vertical works best, imo.

Comment

• sargon97
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                  he's done both the diagonal placement and the vertical placement. the vertical works best, imo.
                  Yeah that seems like it would make for a better design.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BrettChaotix View Post

My explanation sucked. He basically put them on the middle back of the armhole circle, seamed along the seam. Hmm not clear either.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Test
                      • Dec 2008

I made an absolute ass of myself in the NYC RO store by getting tangled in one of those damn straps. Don't look that tough when you can't outsmart a jacket.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

^Not just any jacket! I always thought these straps were a great idea.. Too bad the opposite is generally agreed upon..
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• ngoa
                          • Oct 2009

i think its very useful. even though sometimes it gets it the way when pulled on but i use it for hanging my jackets. i have a ro jacket with a viskose lining where you can see the strap through the back of the jacket when worn, but i wouldnt cut it off. i think it belongs on a ro jacket and is part of the design.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎