Clear All
  • plasmoplas
    • Sep 2010

raf jacket

more like RAF SIMONS X 2nd grade art class

Comment

• Fenix
      • Aug 2010

I'm sure you think Jackson Pollock is kindergarten work too, right?
      Originally posted by hausofblaq
      Grow up.

Comment

• Warg
        • Nov 2012

Even when Christian Lacroix was selling hand painted silk dresses it wasn't as expensive! I really don't get that one!

Comment

• vegettoo
          • Oct 2014

boris pants

anyone thought boris pants went too expensive since ss14? i bought all my old boris pants around 500gbp,but for the current season its like over 800gbp,i know the quality gone much better but still,800gbp for a pant?

Comment

• Monoral
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by vegettoo View Post
            anyone thought boris pants went too expensive since ss14? i bought all my old boris pants around 500gbp,but for the current season its like over 800gbp,i know the quality gone much better but still,800gbp for a pant?
            Well pricing the way it is is because they can get away with it. Still people will buy it and they will like it, not a lot you can do about it...

Besides if you want something badly you'll eventually saves up for it, not that big of a deal.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I am not so sure, monoral. I mean, who are these "people"? We are not talking Hermes bags here. There are only so many rock stars and children of rich parents who want to be cool.

I don't buy the saving up part either. At some point prices go from being somewhat comprehensible to people starting to feel taken advantage of. And no designer should be in that territory.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jap808
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                Well pricing the way it is is because they can get away with it. Still people will buy it and they will like it, not a lot you can do about it...

Besides if you want something badly you'll eventually saves up for it, not that big of a deal.
                Two years ago, I saved a lil' bit to get my Boris winter pants for approx €600/£500...

But this year, I'll NOT save to get them at €800+/£700.
                More: I won't even buy them at first round discount, since I am start to think that Boris' prices is completely out of (my) budget and will not consider buying other Boris stuff...
                Except for Darklands/NagNagNag BBS sale, maybe

Goals have to be challenging and achievable (ie saving a lil' bit is even funny!): otherwise, we'll give up
                Last edited by jap808; 11-14-2014, 10:44 AM. Reason: outlets

Comment

• 550BC
                  • Jan 2013

I think he means the backstock sale on their outlet: NagNagNagshop
                  a fish out of water dies

Comment

• guardimp
                    • Jun 2010

And when you save up to get those boris pants what do you wear them with? You start talking outfits that are costing thousands of not tens of thousands of dollars. If thats not crazy given the lack of quality throughout the range of the garments i dont know what is. Especially since price has gone up while quality has gone down.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

What lack of quality? Everything is really well made in my experience.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Resonkuken
                        • Oct 2012

My p13 are probably the best pants I´ve own. Touching them just makes you realize what went into creating them. Luckily I got them a couple seasons back for under 500 euros (with a bit of discount). Were I to cop a new pair now I´d definately have to save, with the rise in prices and the sucky value of the argentine peso, 1k for pants is something to deeply consider, a lot. But I´ll be satisfied if I can get at least a couple of basics from him.

Comment

• guardimp
                          • Jun 2010

Lack of quality when compared to other garments at very similar price points, such as Ccp or a1923, which Bbs is very rapidly approaching. Or even luc and ie for pants, I find the Bbs pants are nice but more so for the price they were a couple years ago.

Comment

• ilurkaround
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
                            Lack of quality when compared to other garments at very similar price points, such as Ccp or a1923, which Bbs is very rapidly approaching. Or even luc and ie for pants, I find the Bbs pants are nice but more so for the price they were a couple years ago.
                            there's definitely no lack in quality with boris's stuff, his fabrics are thick and his "basics" hold up a lot better than rick's basics. there's no decline in quality, it's just the prices keep going up. also the prices are already in the CCP realm.

pretty much everything Faust said previously.

his leathers are $4000-$6000 USD, i wouldn't think there would be a super high demand at that price point. i definitely don't buy "the just save up for it."

Comment

• ilurkaround
                              • Jan 2012

change of topic, but there's always something ridiculously priced every season with rick now. anyone willing to save up for this?

Comment

• vegettoo
                                • Oct 2014

the quality actually went better(at least it doesnt burst on the crouch)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎