• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
    I needed a couple of dress shirts, and these were like $35...

edit: also, I need to wear $900 J-seam pants to be cool around here? Italo Zucchelli is a good designer, and the stuff's pretty reasonably priced. Don't be so narrow-minded, man.
    No, but neither you need to make these snide, reductive statements, you insecure pansy.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
      spectacular.

Let's not say things we're going to regret now...
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

I don't know about you, but the whole black leather/post-biker/artisanal peasant thing never spoke to me as the trend to end all fashion. I find Zucchelli's consistent focus on tradition vs. modernity far more interesting as a fashion experiment than some of the stuff you seem to like, judging from your posts. Yet I don't criticize your opinion, do I.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Those examples aren't very convincing I must say.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

what this all boils down to is the fact that calvin klein wears rick.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                I don't know about you, but the whole black leather/post-biker/artisanal peasant thing never spoke to me as the trend to end all fashion. I find Zucchelli's consistent focus on tradition vs. modernity far more interesting as a fashion experiment than some of the stuff you seem to like, judging from your posts. Yet I don't criticize your opinion, do I.
                I continue to not understand why you frequent this forum when others cater more to your sense of fashion. I don't mean that in a condescending way either.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

In my case my sense of fashion has little to do with some of the designers that I admire, enjoy looking at and discuss... Most of the stuff I wear is by Ann, and my everyday look is pretty the stereotypical Ann fanboy stuff.

But there are other things that contrast my personal aesthetic which intrigue me and hence I like to talk about them. SZ for me is more of an approach to fashion discourse rather than merely an aesthetic.

I dunno, perhaps this is a demonstration of my age etc, and the fact that I still haven't figured out who the right designers for me are. Either way, I hope I'm not offending anyone's sensibilities with my aesthetic faux pas. lol

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    Those examples aren't very convincing I must say.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KingJulien
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      No, but neither you need to make these snide, reductive statements, you insecure pansy.
                      What the hell, faust?

Anyway, CKC has a pretty rigid/conservative brand aesthetic that he has to work with, and I think within those confines he's been really creative, using interesting fabrics and textures. I mean, is the styling of the stuff pretty obnoxiously GQ? Yes, but that doesn't mean it has to be worn like that.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
                        I needed a couple of dress shirts, and these were like $35...

edit: also, I need to wear $900 J-seam pants to be cool around here? Italo Zucchelli is a good designer, and the stuff's pretty reasonably priced. Don't be so narrow-minded, man.
                        where did u find j pants on sale?
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• mortalveneer
                          • Jan 2008

And in a now totally unrelated note, Yoox decided to refund my sales tax...
                          I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

woman@yoox - 15% of ladies items.

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

for men -
                              15% off + free shipping from this section, which is basically the normal site just put into this "special section" some ann, rick, dd, cdgh+, etc..
                              yoox sale

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                                Maybe its not YOOX but your taste thats questionable!
                                i like ckc...it reminds me of early margiela. back in the deconstruction/minimal phase.

living in japan for awhile has me burnt out on the aesthetic favored here.

im a fan of the whole minimal wardrobe, minimal living angle they endorse in their ad campaigns too.

then again i also love yohji and some miyake frits which is a sin here

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎