YOOX News and Coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jan 2011

I find it hard to find anything good on Yoox. Either it's mislabeled, modeled three-sizes too big and backwards by someone of the opposite sex and only available in a ridiculous size or it's something that ended up on Yoox because no one wanted it in the first place. Lose/lose shopping. Like an 'island of misfit toys' for clothing.

Comment

• messenoire
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by 888 View Post
      I find it hard to find anything good on Yoox. Either it's mislabeled, modeled three-sizes too big and backwards by someone of the opposite sex and only available in a ridiculous size or it's something that ended up on Yoox because no one wanted it in the first place. Lose/lose shopping. Like an 'island of misfit toys' for clothing.
      i thought the same but it's moreso consistency in your approach. you may be seeing the island of misfit toys because people jump on the good items as soon as they are posted leaving the odds and ends. i've definitely bought more than one black drkshdw gimp hoodie in my exact size for under $200 before but i bought it right as it was posted. i think the thing with yoox and their better items that appear is that you cant think it over. i've definitely spent tons of time sifting through mountains of crap but there are definite gems to be had, you just gotta be patient.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

I find great things all the time. It helps if you're already familiar with the garment, as their styling is shite.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• ian+
          • Dec 2011

I was discouraged at first too but be patient, you will be able to find some great stuff in great prices.
          ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I agree with 888, sometimes I think the amount of time I have spent on that site over the years (granted, most of it killing time at an office job) has been staggering and as the popularity of yoox and "SZ style" has increased the returns on the time spent have steadily diminished. It does not help that often Europeans get first dibs because of time difference.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• FireThisTime
              • Mar 2013

Would anyone in the US planning to make a purchase from Yoox be willing to act as a proxy? Unfortunately, the item I'm after is only listed on the US site.

If it makes any difference, the item in question is small and could be sent with little trouble. If anyone is willing, send me a pm. It would certainly be appreciated.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by FireThisTime View Post
                Would anyone in the US planning to make a purchase from Yoox be willing to act as a proxy? Unfortunately, the item I'm after is only listed on the US site.

If it makes any difference, the item in question is small and could be sent with little trouble. If anyone is willing, send me a pm. It would certainly be appreciated.
                Japan / USA / Australia Proxy, Buying Service and Yahoo Bidding service from Japan / USA / Australia with rapid service
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• julian_doe
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by 888 View Post
                  Hello, sorry for my late reply. This is my first time posting on SZ, and I am glad that I stumbled upon this thread.

888, I have purchased several things in Yoox throughout the years, and have never found any item to be mislabeled. However, their filtering system during a search is a little weird. For example, I always filter my search to size XS, and often find tops labeled as size 40. A size 40 (UK) is the equivalent to a size L, if I am not mistaken. It is important to become familiarized with the designer's sizing method prior to trusting Yoox with a suggestion.

In regards to finding stuff that "nobody wanted", that may be true as Yoox has an "outlet store" approach. These are items from past seasons, and thus they are sold far cheaper than their retail price. You will typically find very small, or very large sizes for the items which are highly sought out. I benefit from this, being as slim as I am. But, it is hard to come across sizes in between, like 46 (IT).

A few weeks ago, they listed a Nicolas Andreas Taralis tailored jacket for around $600 USD in a size 44 (IT). I paid $2100 for my jacket when I bought it from Why are you here?, so that is an amazing bargain. It is a good idea to browse the site every once in a while, as you can find cool items at awesome prices.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                    Hello, sorry for my late reply. This is my first time posting on SZ, and I am glad that I stumbled upon this thread.
                    awesome
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

An EXTRA 15% off with the YOOXCODE SPRING13 until March 28th

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Please don't forget to use the link on the first page of this thread, thank you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

womens preview but no comme :-(
                          mens preview

ah yoox, i miss the good old days...

Comment

• im_parfait
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2010

Any promo codes available?

Comment

• underdog
                              • Aug 2009

SPRINGTEN

For an extra 10% off the reduced S/S collection, until May 19th

Comment

• im_parfait
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                                SPRINGTEN

For an extra 10% off the reduced S/S collection, until May 19th
                                Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎