X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonathanStrange
    • Aug 2008

Re: Yoox

"the breaks" You are right about shooting themselves in the leg over no codes. I normally only place an order also when I have a free shipping code. They should really know better!!
    "Skinny like me," in 1977 she decided to go underground and live incognito among the thin.

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

You really want to know something really fucked up...

They send me this package four months ago.. and it got stuck in the custom and it didn't get cleared until like two months later, I called Yoox to tell them that I have changed address and I don't want it anymore and they say ok, they will call UPS to fix it.. I keep tracking on the UPS website and it keeps saying it is trying to redeliver to my old address, and since it was coming from an international address they will not send it back without Yoox authorization. So looks like yoox did nothing for two weeks, I could not bear it seeing just sitting at UPS hand... I called UPS gave them my new address and thought I will save them the trouble, I will take the return slip out and return it back to them.

UPS finally got a new address and the stupid UPS girl over the phone did a typo.. eg.. suppose to be 445 and they typed 345 and everything else is correct. So the package GOT DELIVERED to the wrong person.. someone is enjoying $1000 worth of cloth.. I called UPS and they told me I have to ask Yoox to start an investigation with UPS, I can't do it directly since I am the recipient and not the sender(which is also very fucked up I must say). So I called Yoox, they told me they will be on it. It has been two weeks and I have NOT heard from yoox at all.. I have no idea what they are doing. I called my credit card company and dispute the transaction.

The SAGA Continues.. [91]

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

Italians aren't exactly what I would call reliable, unfortunately. Doesn't UPS have any liability in cases like this? It's their mistake after all.
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• reborn
          • Aug 2008

eeks ionn26

I can't believe Yoox would be so blasse. I've been shopping with them for a couple of years and I have only experienced a few incidents (including one today). I encountered the customs issue earlier this year...however, I spoke to a customer rep, they cleared it up, refunded me the shipping expenses and gave me a discount code for 20% my next purchase.

For those that may me interested: the issue I experienced today...I orderd a pair of Gianni Barbato lace-ups in a 43. They sent me a 44, which is way to large for me.

Comment

• reborn
            • Aug 2008

YOOX order history

Some of my inexpensive acquistions:

Alexander McQueen
            Flip-flops $60 (retail $495)

Ugo Cacciatori
            Sterling Silver Bracelet $114 (retail $890)

L. G. B.
            Shredded Wool gloves $56 (retail $390)

Mastermind Japan
            Cashmere Blazer $388 (retail $3,230)

Comment

• firstlove
              • Apr 2008

is the 20% discount code shareable? :)

Comment

• reborn
                • Aug 2008

I wish

Originally posted by firstlove View Post
                is the 20% discount code shareable? :)
                No. I tried using it a second time and I got the dreaded "invalid code" in red letters.

FYI: I think Yoox has changed their return policy...you can opt for how you send back your returns. Or use the included UPS label and take a $6 fee.

Comment

• ionn26
                  • Feb 2007

Honestly I have been shopping with yoox for a long time to, have no problem before.. just this one case which is really ridiculous.. anyway.. you want to see some bargain that Yoox just put up yesterday???? I could not buy any of them.. I guess some one snapped it all up ASAP, but just FYI

Comment

• ionn26
                    • Feb 2007

and NO, you are not seeing it wrong, it is $30 for ALL of them.. I wish I got some..

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Don't be too envious. They will probably cancel all these orders.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drexl
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Don't be too envious. They will probably cancel all these orders.
                        Yup, some guy on another forum managed to checkout a Dior jacket only to have the order cancelled that evening

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

musn't there be some onus on yoox? i've had stores sell me things at the lower, wrongly-marked price as it's their mistake.

btw, browns may be the worst online retailer ever. i have not gotten so much as an email after placing an order 10 days ago.

Comment

• docintheory
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                            musn't there be some onus on yoox? i've had stores sell me things at the lower, wrongly-marked price as it's their mistake.

btw, browns may be the worst online retailer ever. i have not gotten so much as an email after placing an order 10 days ago.
                            not only are they terrible with communications, I ordered from them multiple times and got dinged with customs fees every time even when calling them to request marking it as a gift with low value

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Yea, they suck. They don't have an electronic inventory system hooked up between the brick and mortar and online stores - so if something sells at the store, you won't know until they take it down manually.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                                • Sep 2006

Maybe it's time to a "worst online retailer" or "dare if you're brave" thread, my two cents to browns, my worst on-line experience ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎