X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

browns and oki-ni would probably head the pack there. sadly (in a way), both do a decent job within the EU. browns has been rather quick for me, apart from the online inventory not being up to date issue. I've never had issues with oki-ni, as most problems seem to be with customs on US shipments.

Yoox would lead in badly modeled clothing and faults in specs (mis-labeled seasons, poorly converted sizing..) and LVR would win crappiest re-design
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

ionn I'm sorry you're experiencing all that!!! I hope it gets resolved!

In the past before Yoox was search-able, I would dig up Dior Homme pieces for ridiculous prices ($35 for the knit gloves... $100 luster belts...) but those days seem to be over for the most part.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

i actually love dealing with oki-ni. have not been hit with the customs charge like others, but they are friendly, helpful and their online inventory is generally up to date.

Comment

• reborn
          • Aug 2008

Browns is sketch...

I concur with all the assessments about Browns. I tried ordering a McQueen sweater a few seasons ago...they kept post and reposting a credit reserve on my card for a few weeks before telling me they didn't have the size and wanted to know if I wanted a t-shirt instead.

However, the Goti pieces they have now are amazing. I may have to deal with them again soon.

Comment

• ionn26
            • Feb 2007

So.. I guess Yoox cancel the mistake???

Well... Actually this year is the first year that I ordered from Brown and Oki-ni. Like everyone voice Brown.. they are terrible with their internet business. It is not real time. You can call them if they don't respond to your email order. Apparently they need to send you a different link through the email and you can order it from there. BUT and a BIG BUT, is that they will not tell you if it is out of stock or not. I was INQUIRING about an item and they just send it to me rather than asking me whether I want it or not. Which was a little bit upsetting, but I have no problem with the custom. Never got hit with custom...

As with Oki-ni, they are more responsive than Brown and their website is actually real time too. Which is much better.. also.. their delivery is fast and never have problem with the custom fees.. Although their packaging could do some improvement.

I still vote Yoox as best online store because they simply just have more selections, even compare to Saks and Neiman Marcus..anyway.. thats just my two cents..

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

I've never actually received anything I've "bought" from Browns. And that's like 3 separate occasions.
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• ionn26
                • Feb 2007

the break, you can give them a call, phone number is on their website. If they do not have the item, they will not call you, if they do, they will ship it to you automatically and you will just get a generated response from DHL saying that you have a package coming from them, I hope this helps!

Comment

• Secretside
                  • Jul 2008

not sure if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me why some pieces on yoox are only available through certain countries? (the specific shirt I'm interested in doesn't show up on the US site).

Comment

• docintheory
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by SECRETSIDE View Post
                    not sure if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me why some pieces on yoox are only available through certain countries? (the specific shirt I'm interested in doesn't show up on the US site).
                    I think it is because they have three regional warehouses - Japan (Asia), New York (N+South Americas), Europe that serve their respective areas. So when you select the North American site, all the items are reflective of the North American warehouse. But I know what you mean, I've been frustrated because certain pieces I desperately want are not available North American site.

Comment

• Secretside
                      • Jul 2008

yeah, that's what I figured. it's just ridiculous, because it shows up on both the UK/Japan site. I wonder if they'll eventually add it if I just wait it out..

Comment

• ionn26
                        • Feb 2007

No It won't actually.. so.. best if you want the item, you can ask members on here to do proxy for you. There are also some Japan proxy that people have used...

Comment

• reborn
                          • Aug 2008

Import issues

Yeah, I think the issue has more to do with import issues between countries: the cost of hunting/fishing licenses for importing exotic skins and fur, the purchase of a surety bond for goods, etc. would more than likely affect their pricing models (which are totally wonky to being with).

Thoughts?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

My thoughts are that this season the NA collection fucking sucks.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• docintheory
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              My thoughts are that this season the NA collection fucking sucks.
                              AMEN^^^

Comment

• reborn
                                • Aug 2008

There are a few gems...but if your looking for cool viridi anne and ccp, you need to check out the euro version.

Currently on the UK version of yoox there's a ccp jacket on sale, motoike lace ups, backlash leather blazer, miharayasuhiro sweater, amazing undercover tees, etc

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎