X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reborn
    • Aug 2008

superstar status

Yeah, I am also perlexed by getting superstar status. I honestly thought one would have to have a public dreambox with a ton of friends referred to the site.

Still, I spend from 3K to 6K at Yoox a year, but also place more than 30 orders a year. It's kind of like shopping at my favorite boutiques in Boston, NYC and LA when the associates bring out the good merch that's not yet on the selling floor.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ionn26 View Post
      alright I am a little bit pissed.. I am not bragging, but I have at least throw in 5K per month on yoox stuff for the past three, four years, and I am not on superstar status.. pff.. now I feel very cheated as a loyal customer. It seems that you have to buy LESS in order to be a superstar...

and whats the deal with the price differentiation between US and Europe and the rest of the world for the SAME THINGS??? geez... I never realized that until SZ member start gossiping.. hehehe.. thats why I love SZ..
      Dude, I hope you use the SZ link!!!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• reborn
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Dude, I hope you use the SZ link!!!
        Will certainly plan on doing so... have only been on sz for a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Thank you, reborn.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stadsvandringar
            • Aug 2008

Seeing as how the UK site has different stuff than the US site, does Yoox UK ship to the US? Would I have to proxy if I wanted to get some of the Yoox UK stuff?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Yes, you'll need a proxy.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• reborn
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by stadsvandringar View Post
                Seeing as how the UK site has different stuff than the US site, does Yoox UK ship to the US? Would I have to proxy if I wanted to get some of the Yoox UK stuff?
                For whatever reason, orders placed on the Yoox Euro edition will not ship to North America...even if you try to send as a gift. A euro proxy would be my best suggestion.

Comment

• Babar
                  • Jan 2007

Not if you are in North America - shit selection compared to Europe and outrageous pricing.
                  Hmm I dunno, with the low dollar the prices seem to come out equal or better for the US compared to most Euro storefronts (except for Italy where everything is crazy cheap), and for those outside the US/EU taxes aren't even included either. For instance, I'm hit with 10,7% customs, 25% VAT and a $20 UPS brokerage fee for each order to Norway..

Also, North American returns are shipped back to their New Jersey warehouse and are only republished to the North American stores, which means the end of season- and sample sale selections there are *much* better compared to European users. US shipping is for whatever reason ridiculously cheap too, so I'd say Americans are treated quite well by Yoox.. Weren't there some "backdoor" way of getting EU only stock shipped to the US by switching to the US store after adding the item in the cart on the EU store too? I'm not sure if that still works with the new site design though..

Comment

• viv1984viv
                    • Feb 2008

Just to be extra sure....

Are there no codes whatsoever???

Apart from the SZ link?

Also - for all you sasquatch out there... MOMA have there nice black boots on yoox again.
                    Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

try fabsave@yoox for free shipping. EDIT: never mind - i think they give you free shipping this week anyway.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mattjames
                        • Mar 2007

Has anyone checked 'thecorner' recently? They've stepped it up some for autumn/winter.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mattjames View Post
                          Has anyone checked 'thecorner' recently? They've stepped it up some for autumn/winter.
                          do you have a link?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Secretside
                            • Jul 2008

do you have a link?

Comment

• reborn
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mattjames View Post
                              Yeah. It looks like they are expanding their selection.
                              Kudos.
                              Now if they could work on competitive pricing, then they would have a winning site.

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

Is there any way to turn the Flash off? Another site ruined.
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎