Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fg0d
    • Sep 2007

I've never had a problem with Yoox, but I've heard stories of them being extremely helpful and nice, but sometimes slow on service.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I've had a few issues, and customer service has been top notch.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• semper
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by christianef View Post
        yes, they ship out of NJ. i had an issue returing an item from belgium. it was unable to clear customs because yoox failed to provide the appopriate re-importation documents for a return. and the item was sent back to me. i contacted yoox and they said they would resolve the issue. sent the item back and the same thing happened again. after about a month and a few irrate phone calls & emails i was issued a full refund. and got to keep the item which was around 500$ usd.
        I was under the impression my Raf's came from Bologna, Italy. I tracked the parcel.
        sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Years and years ago I bought several early era DH pieces off of Yoox. UPS lost the package for two weeks and Yoox gave me a full refund. Then a week later, UPS delivered the package and thus I got all the pieces for free :)

I miss the pre-searchable yoox days....
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johannes Thorsen
            • Jun 2007

Well... Yoox might not be as great as before... but still you can get some good deals.. Bought a KvA bomber for 22 euro and sold it for 650 $

Comment

• jordache jeans
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by semper View Post
              I was under the impression my Raf's came from Bologna, Italy. I tracked the parcel.
              Yoox's main warehouse is in Italy, and almost all items are first shipped from there. If you're in the US, it goes from Italy to their warehouse in NJ.

Now does anyone know their business model and shipping methods? I assume they eat all the customs charges when they bring the goods in from Europe - do they have some sort of deal worked out with customs agencies? I'm still a bit shocked at just how profitable they are selling goods at such low prices with such low shipping fees.

Comment

• drexl
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jordache jeans View Post
                Yoox's main warehouse is in Italy, and almost all items are first shipped from there. If you're in the US, it goes from Italy to their warehouse in NJ.

Now does anyone know their business model and shipping methods? I assume they eat all the customs charges when they bring the goods in from Europe - do they have some sort of deal worked out with customs agencies? I'm still a bit shocked at just how profitable they are selling goods at such low prices with such low shipping fees.
                Yeah, they probably struck a good deal on shipping with UPS considering the volume of stuff they have to send out. As for customs charges, most of the non-EU prices reflect that (i.e. an item on the US site will be usually more expensive than on the Euro site after currency conversion).

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

^ Yes, unfortunately.
                  Couldn't be fast enough to buy ML's WAYWT jacket from Yoox EU (128 E), had to do it from the US site (thanks DHC !) : 250 USD (= 210 E). The jacket will travel from Italy to California, and back...

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

wasn't the one they had left a 46?
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                      wasn't the one they had left a 46?
                      No, IT 48. By chance.

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

any yoox codes out there? US, EU, anywhere?

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

yoox are seriously taking the piss with the prices. there is a lanvin jacket on there in new arrivals that I bought last year that they are sellign for £1330!!!!! That's about 130% of the original retail price and over 200% of the price that I bought it for in the sale last year.
                          Seriously......Wotdafuk?!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Seriously. Prices are ridiculous.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

Ridiculously high or ridiculously low. Nothing in between ;)
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Vikeid
                                • Feb 2009

i hate myself that i didnt buy the attachment sneakers yesterday >.< at least i think they were in stock then.. and in my size as well, whyy?

do you think they maybe get some more of those?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎