Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reborn
    • Aug 2008

There's very little consistency...sometimes they post new items in the early morning, afternoon, late evening, over the weekend...sometimes premiere notices are sent out, sometimes they are not...it's part of the frustrating charm of yoox.

Comment

• random
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by tlack View Post
      can you tell me more? i'm thinking about making a web app to track and notify inventory changes on yoox. that's the fourth pair of shoes i've missed. do they show up first on a different domain and hours later on the .com, or is it based on geolocating your IP address?

inquiring minds want to know!

you can not be serious...
      I don't exist.

Comment

• hurricane08
        • Nov 2008

I watch yoox every day the last two years (except holidays and summer time), you can call me a yoox camper .I can say for sure that yoox keeps the updates strictly on time for many years now (superstar,sample sale,coupons,free delivery etc).There are some standards for new arrivals : SS stuff used to be uploaded every Thursday at ~10.30-11 in the morning (UK time) , now FW are up every Tuesday (most of them and some on Thursday) 10.30 in the morning (except 9am arrivals) and never on Monday till now. Lately yoox makes changes even on weekend ,i remember that most of the footwear came this summer ...Saturday...For sure there are many exceptions like 2 updates in one day ,the one late in the evening (UK time).
        Yoox makes also some tricks .One of many: For example they upload a great pair of shoes in a low price and only in one (or two) sizes.If the product is imediately sold out ,there are many possibilities to see again the same product in a higher price and full sizes in the future.
        Last edited by hurricane08; 12-20-2009, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• tlack
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by random View Post
          why? tools exist like that for other sites such as ebay, yahoo auctions, craigslist, etc. it will take a few hours at most and the amount of money saved on just one pair of shoes will make it worth the effort.

Comment

• tlack
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by JoniF
            I don't even think that's hardcore; I'm pretty sure someone out there has a room decked out in black, rigid cables for the purpose of tracking goth-ninja wear (and aesthetic, ).
            well i was going to monitor SZ and SuFu and project the results on the wall as the next step.. ;)

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

So what you guys are saying is... I stand no chance of ever getting anything good.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by random View Post
                It shouldn't be a major undertaking. Just a matter of a few hours tinkering and making sure it does what you want.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Writing a program to detect new stuff does not guarantee a purchase. But, yea, it's a bit loony. There has to be a limit to deal-chasing.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Writing a program to detect new stuff does not guarantee a purchase. But, yea, it's a bit loony. There has to be a limit to deal-chasing.
                    It's way less effort over a season than checking yoox once a week. I guess as a computer person, I see it differently, but who knows. I'd much rather set it and forget it than put up with Yoox's shittastic interface any more than necessary.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

can someone please tell me how do you go about knowing what fits on yoox? the bad fit pictures on the model, lack of measurement or information about sizing (its a headache especially when it comes to jeans with inconsistent sizing, like drkshdw). i cant pull the trigger despite it going for cheap. and they dont even say whether its detroit or berlin. its so painful looking at something at a good price, but yet you cant get it.

Comment

• tomatous
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009

As for determining detroit from berlin, look at the leg opening. They at least list that.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                          It's way less effort over a season than checking yoox once a week. I guess as a computer person, I see it differently, but who knows. I'd much rather set it and forget it than put up with Yoox's shittastic interface any more than necessary.
                          A lot of the time programmers will program just for the hell of it but with this there's the added incentives of scoring good deals and maybe turning a buck reselling the stuff.
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by tomatous View Post
                            As for determining detroit from berlin, look at the leg opening. They at least list that.
                            how much would the detroit normally be? and how much would the berlins normally be? thanks

monadahl: yea i could do that but its too much of a hassle

Comment

• reborn
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                              buy it and return it if it doesn't work out?
                              Ditto...or buy and if it does not fit, post a classified on SZ.

Comment

• Wax
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post
                                If the product is imediately sold out ,there are many possibilities to see again the same product in a higher price and full sizes in the future.The best thing to do is to add to favourites the product you missed.If the product is availiable again in the future ,you can see it from the url before the new arrivals (~2-3 hours before the new arrivals ,the same day).That's why most of the great pieces are sold out imediately.
                                do you mean the "dreambox"? Can't add any items that are sold out tho..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎