X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

I agree that's the best version if denim/leather but I have seen them on here for $500/600. The problem is that they rarely come up.

I've noticed a lot of shit at or above retail on Ebay recently. I couldn't give my 2-tone blistered away for $950 and then I'll see people selling julius denim jackets for $1500, Viridi-anne that's been wasting away on there for almost 2 years right at retail. A BBS jacket that I wanted listed at $2700 where most shops had them left at the end of the season and they were going for around $1400, sometimes less.

I'm just bummed because the economy put a pinch on my clothing budget last year.

IT'S A GOTH NINJA WORLD, BOYS. We're just trying to ball as close to the sun as we comfortably can (to misquote Gnow) without singeing our black-as-our-hearts feather necklaces.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

I thought the first ones had the zippers on the outside inner pockets? those are the best in my estimation, this would be second though.

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

This one that Ivans is wearing I always felt was the most solid version:

Nevermind.

The Ebay seller originally got his off of AKA....I remember that sale.
        Same pics, etc. in the sale thread here.

edit: Oops, looks like image bought it. Great jacket nonetheless. A little pricey but the free market will decide!

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
          The best denim and leather jacket...period.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rick-Owens-D...item3372efc158
          ...and using my old photos from a few years ago. approach with caution.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Nikov
            • Nov 2008

honestly, ive never seen that exact version go for $500/$600. I think the later versions with the lamb leather sleeves (instead of calf) and the blue black denim (rather than black black waxed denim) went for around that much. Ivans ended up selling his as well and, if I remember correctly, it went for around $900.

But I agree with most. It is the best.

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by SlightRight View Post
              This gonna be a war....
              Carol Christian Poell Suits Sz.44
              ooh check out his other stuff too.. dat raf
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

i concur, this version NEVER went for $500/600. Compared to subsequent versions, a much heavier leather is used for the sleeves (oiled calf), and it is fully padded inside, which makes it warm and cosy. It is very slightly waxed as well. It retailed for $1400/1500 (1150€ at Palais Royal I think).
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

I would like to formally apologize to the SZ community for inaccurately suggesting that this particular jacket was sold used in the region of $500-$600. I must admit that sometimes when I see one of the 20 versions of the Drkshdw black waxed denim jacket with leather sleeves I am easily confused.

Christian mentioned (in the sales thread) there was a shitload of them around on clearance at the end of the season so Yoox may have had them for around $600.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                    I would like to formally apologize to the SZ community for inaccurately suggesting that this particular jacket was sold used in the region of $500-$600. I must admit that sometimes when I see one of the 20 versions of the Drkshdw black waxed denim jacket with leather sleeves I am easily confused.

Christian mentioned (in the sales thread) there was a shitload of them around on clearance at the end of the season so Yoox may have had them for around $600.

God is in the details but apologies accepted

but what C said is only that this jacket did not sell so well in France, so there were some of them -not a shitload- left in the sales at Palais Royal store (at -30%, so definitely not $600).

Cultural remark: the denim jacket with leather sleeves, which is a motorbike outfit classic, seems to be much more popular in the US actually where it is seen as a standard (moto/punk).
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• beardown
                      rekoner
                      • Feb 2009

I'm a calf man, myself. I'd penny up the extra 3 bills for calf over lamb. But it's mostly the denim on the other versions I have problems with. I generally only like denim when it's so treated that it no longer resembles denim and I think that's why this version is interesting. Plus, it's not hog.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
                        The best denim and leather jacket...period.

"deleted for shadiness"
                        Mine is better.
                        I love the padding though - wish he'd do that again.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                          I don't believe that's the coveted gasmask bag but it's a nice one nonetheless. If it were black, it'd be much nicer.

For those on the hunt, there is also a bunch of Viridi-Anne in the women's section. We know they don't make women's clothing per se so if you can figure out the sizing DaVinci code they use, you might find a good deal.

As a reminder, if new people come rolling through this thread, keep in mind that you should use this link below if you're going to buy something from Yoox as a show of support for SZ:

Please support SZ by shopping through the following banner link. A small percentage will go to SZ as commission.

YOOX.COM
                          4 = 1; xs
                          6 = 2; s
                          8 = 3; m
                          10 = 4; l
                          12= 5; xl

good catch!

Comment

• mortalveneer
                            • Jan 2008

speaking of men's in ladies, is this also a men's piece from In Aisce?

possibly some of these individual sentiments pieces too...I can't really tell

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Czx
                              • Feb 2011

In Aisce indeed seems to be men's piece. I think Lane was selling the very same jacket .
                              néant
                              Last.FM paranoia
                              Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                              0 > ∞

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                                • Oct 2011

The InAisce is a men's piece, and a 3 would coordinate to roughly a 46. It's the FW11 Orchid Jacket, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎