X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Kard,

I can't tell you what to do, but I think the best advice I can offer you to is to just leave the discussion and let it die down as you are only backing yourself into the stupid corner by continuing to argue this........

different things mean different things to different people, and that why you have many designers who have a loyal following by people who relate to their work while others just say, well, its not for me........

There are a lot of designers work that I like, but would never wear, however I can appreciate its relevance outside to my own personal situation or taste. if you observe at all you will see that I am not the kind of person to buy into the latest trend. Not in my own personal style, nor in my work as a designer
    I see a lot of people wearing Rick sneakers, and drapey Julius tops
    they look good on them, but I'd never wear it cause its not my style, it would never look good on me. This does not mean that I should suddenly say "hey Ricks sneakers are stupid" or drapey tops are dumb. This kind of thinking and approach is a rather self centered and narcissistic way of viewing the world, where anything that one does not get, is suddenly seen as dumb or foolish.
    My comment with respect to Dane, was not simply based on his comment towards the tee, it was a matter of observing that a negative stance with a lack of manners seem to be his natural approach in communicating here (I dont know if he does this outside of the forums). I have never said anything because for the most part his comments were never geared towards me, and i often dont inject myself into other peoples discussions unless I feel like things are going way overboard.
    I am not going to disrespect him, but I am simply and sternly saying that for someone like him, who is obviously not a dunce, its a disservice and an embarrassment to his good faculties for him to consistently take this kind of posture in communicating on the forums.........it would be good to see him, and others articulate things better, be more cordial in their comments towards people fits in the WAYWT and such, and stop reducing the forums to a place of bad manners and rude jabs at others.......

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
    This is not the case at all. I don't like it and I'm not interested in changing my opinion, or changing yours. What I was trying to do was understand WHY you liked it, and why is it so special. A reasonable answer would suffice, but instead Zam posted how he is wiser for liking it, you wrote 'cos it's awesome' and beardown told me my taste sucks. Only after I wrote a provocative answer you guys bothered to express reasonable arguments.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

If you honestly thought that me saying the tshirt didn't appeal to me was rude, I sincerely apologize. My personal recollection of Lang at his best did not include a tshirt with a cat on it...I don't see how that was insulting you in any way, shape or form....but I admit that my tone can logically come across as rude, and for that I am sorry.

That being said, I don't feel a lot of the comments you directed at me were all that polite or mature either. These are the perils of using Internet forums...you don't know someone's intensions, you don't know their personality and when something is sincere or sarcastic, and you have to either walk away, ignore, or put up with it. Unfortunate, but true.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

D,

there is no love lost are no hard feelings towards you man,
        and while I won't give you pat on the back, I respect your apology...... and I am not asking you to be disingenuous either, I'm just saying a more considerate approach in expressing your honesty, will help us all to get along comfortably

we might want to differentiate between the internet and in person, but whether we admit it or not we spend a lot of time here and we are a community so we might as well make the best of it.

blessings
        ZB
        Originally posted by Dane View Post
        If you honestly thought that me saying the tshirt didn't appeal to me was rude, I sincerely apologize. My personal recollection of Lang at his best did not include a tshirt with a cat on it...I don't see how that was insulting you in any way, shape or form....but I admit that my tone can logically come across as rude, and for that I am sorry.

That being said, I don't feel a lot of the comments you directed at me were all that polite or mature either. These are the perils of using Internet forums...you don't know someone's intensions, you don't know their personality and when something is sincere or sarcastic, and you have to either walk away, ignore, or put up with it. Unfortunate, but true.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

So true, and yet I have one and don't think I'll ever get rid of it. Even more embarrasing is I also have the "I'm the boy about town.." shirt It was Hedi fever, I can't explain it.

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
          In contrast, I can only imagine a "the end" t-shirt causing alot of eye rolling if posted.
          music

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
            About net-a-face ? Just a scam website.
            For me www.serie-noire.fr website is good, obviously not like LVR or any super stores, but like shdws said, serie-noire.fr just work. At the beginning Serie Noire is just a physical store not an online shop.
            LVR also has a terrible site.
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• eleven crows
              • Mar 2011

sz 41 carpe derbies currently at 10k yen

dooooooope

Comment

• underdog
                • Aug 2009

Good morning deal...

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                  Man, this is tempting. Looks like a size too big though. Does anyone know what a top 3 in Undercover equates too? Isn't it more of a 48 than a 50?

EDIT: Never mind - SZ effect. If an SZer bought it, hit me up if it doesn't work out.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

for your future reference yeah a 3 is definitely more of a 48

Comment

• KingJulien
                      • Oct 2011

Bunch of Rick shit just dropped at Yoox. This is nice, XL though:

Comment

• underdog
                        • Aug 2009

I've noticed that over the past several months Yoox has changed how they classify their Japanese brands that size in 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Previously they would call a size 3 a 48 but now would call the same item a 50. I recently bought a YYPH shirt size 2 that they classified as a 48, when previously they would have classified as a 46. Made me go to product pages more to have to confirm what the actual designer size is.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Man, this is tempting. Looks like a size too big though. Does anyone know what a top 3 in Undercover equates too? Isn't it more of a 48 than a 50?

EDIT: Never mind - SZ effect. If an SZer bought it, hit me up if it doesn't work out.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                          • Sep 2010

The thread I'm posting below is outdated, but damn......

If this thread came up in the current tense, I'd spend $5-$10,000 in a minute! So many rare pieces....all in my size.......all good prices..........finding threads like this after the fact make me cry.... :(

please pay 4% paypal fees or send payment as a gift. DH size 28 waxed jeans SOLD DH 2007 patched work jeans size 30 199 GBP rick owens leather size xs rick owens leather size xs fits true 44 799 GBP rick owens golden jacket size xs very rare 899 GBP rick owens heavy silk blazer size xs 699 GBP ju...

Comment

• ACM
                            • Jan 2011

^Wow what a shame.... The DH stuff is gorgeous

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

Woot, he sell all his wardrobe ?
                              By the way, some pieces are really splendid !

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎