Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

posted simply because size 6 in white is hard to find... relax.

Comment

• Catfood
      • Oct 2008

The problem with the thread is that the forum has too many users for it really to be all that useful anymore - if the price of the item is low, or it's something rare someone will PM you within minutes asking you to remove it. On the other hand, if it isn't removed quickly chances are lurkers will drive the price up or grab the opportunity.

There is also the issue of people just grabbing stuff because it's cheap and reselling it in classified which also undermines the entire point of the thread.

In other words, there really aren't that many good reasons to post stuff to the thread, because at the end of the day it's unlikely to benefit the regular posters / people that contribute (not that I post all that often..).

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

i check this thread all the time. it doesn't bother me. sometimes its a good find, sometimes it isn't. i'm not mad at the thread tho.
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• KingJulien
          • Oct 2011

The endless posts of stupidly expensive used boots are obnoxious. But there's also cool shit that shows up here. The best posts are fair prices for lesser-known/searched for brands that you wouldn't see otherwise, not 'CCP tornadoes missing zippers $1300."

For example that helmut lang jacket that MK posted earlier, not lesser known but you get my point.

Comment

• mortalveneer
            • Jan 2008

less ebay, more yoox and yahoo jp
            I am not who you think I am

Comment

• avout
              • Nov 2011

There's some of that, sure, but I don't think that invalidates the point of the thread. Genuine good finds still show up pretty regularly here, and I'm sure most of us have seen stuff that we would otherwise have missed. As far as I'm concerned, that's all that matters.

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
              The problem with the thread is that the forum has too many users for it really to be all that useful anymore - if the price of the item is low, or it's something rare someone will PM you within minutes asking you to remove it. On the other hand, if it isn't removed quickly chances are lurkers will drive the price up or grab the opportunity.

There is also the issue of people just grabbing stuff because it's cheap and reselling it in classified which also undermines the entire point of the thread.

In other words, there really aren't that many good reasons to post stuff to the thread, because at the end of the day it's unlikely to benefit the regular posters / people that contribute (not that I post all that often..).

Comment

• Lo-ki
                • Jan 2011

The Carpe clogs, went for $255. The proof's there..... and in here... they were most def a good find; so really it depends on whats your flavour, Suits you sir......
                Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                I will let mario batali know
                Originally posted by merz
                i, too, am full of hatred.
                Originally posted by corsair sanglot
                big-footed person, i hate you because of the price you paid for those carpe clogs. :)
                Last edited by Lo-ki; 04-28-2012, 12:54 PM.
                She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• BeauIXI
                  • Nov 2008

And eventually, Good Finds will bestow a pair of each upon you.
                  Originally posted by philip nod
                  somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                    no idea why you would say this. are you trying to tell me MA+ boots used and above retail aren't a good find? or $1100 rick owens dunks with rusted staples and a u-shaped worn down sole? i don't get it
                    Dude, there's nothing like saving $100 on a pair of $1500 boots by buying them after someone basically killed the cow they're made of for the second time.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• docus
                      • Dec 2010

Label Under Construction derbies for $500:

http://re-porter.ca/shoes/wool-over-leather-derbies/

Lots of other SZ type brands here as well.

Comment

• docus
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by docus View Post

If I was a size 43, and slightly braver than I actually am, I'd love to get these and dip them in black dye to make the most incredible one-of-a-kind shoes ever - black wool LUC derbies

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

is it just me or do the measurements suggest 41-42?

;)

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by docus View Post

Aren't stores like this doing the resell thing on a large scale? I must've seen these derbies getting sold in this size a half dozen times across here and sufu. Now they're up here for an increased price. Seems like the stock comes from the supermarket, classifieds, ebay, and the various Japanese auction sites. Kinda lame.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                              • Oct 2011

I believe re.porter is all consignment, but I'm sure charles can chime in.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                                Aren't stores like this doing the resell thing on a large scale? I must've seen these derbies getting sold in this size a half dozen times across here and sufu. Now they're up here for an increased price. Seems like the stock comes from the supermarket, classifieds, ebay, and the various Japanese auction sites. Kinda lame.
                                Chill, man. I imagine it's geared toward people who don't have quite as much time on their hands as you or I do. Urthwhyte, yes, it is all consignment items, as far as I know.
                                Originally posted by philip nod
                                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎