X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

I don't see the problem with it because they are taking the risk of possibly not being able to sell something they've bought. People have always paid for convenience and that's really what it boils down to.

Most people can't scan eBay and Y! regularly and miss things they might be looking for. And I think it's worth paying a bit more for better photos/styling and fit pics and measurements. Auctions and classifieds can be a crap shoot and not all people are cut out to be sellers and won't answer questions or shoot fit pics.

The market dictates a fair price. If you happen upon something really cheap, there's nothing wrong with selling it for what it's really worth because if the price is too high, it simply won't sell.

A lot of things on EBay come from Yoox and those people will mark something up 500% and let it sit there for a year. Or it comes from century 21 or something similar.

I guess I like the idea of being able to conveniently browse a wide range of brands/labels that are non-retail from a reliable seller who understands that details and presentation are important when buying online.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• curiouscharles
      • Jan 2008

not sure why people are trying to convince themselves they're a re-selling site too - though i can't vouch for all their stock, i know for a fact that most of it is actually just les' personal wardrobe [ed: or 'still' depending...]

and if any of you remember the variety & intensity of his waywt posts it wouldn't be terribly surprising for him to be able to stock a store with what he's owned

-

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
        How do these even work? I mean unless they have some sort of contacts with producers or get super good sales deal they are basically reselling items that they already bought second-hand from Y! and ebay. Why the fuck would I not check ebay instead and not pay the, I dunno, 25% premium?
        Yet another cottage shop industry spawned by male fashion forums. I think it's cool
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
          Curation. For the seller it appeals due to low overhead, since there's only a web presence, time commitment is already built-in to their own hunting for pieces, so they eventually work out they can turn a profit by reselling the good finds they find that are too large/womens pieces/not their style. They rephotograph what they buy, present it on the web in a nice manner, and jack up the price.

It's the same deal as a real estate agent, essentially.
          Yeah, I don't have the patience to sift through the Comme, Yohji, and Undercover sections of Y!J - it's mental torture.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bxc
            • Jan 2011

i don't even think the premium is that much considering how strong the yen is.. many of the pieces on EG are probably cheaper than what you could win them for on auction and after all fees from proxy

Comment

• Chim
              • Dec 2006

damn, anybody who bought that junya x vanson XS riders jacket - if it doesn't work out, you know who to PM... what a grail

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Eternal
                The day will come when someone with the skills makes a tool where only the new listings I've not seen before show up, for all the keywords I have chosen to search for.
                I could (probably) whip this up in a few hours if people were really interested. Just Y!JP?

Edit: I'm going to give this a quick try this weekend. If you have any feature requests other than a little button beside listings to hide it in the future, please PM me.
                Last edited by Urthwhyte; 05-04-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

^yeah, there are predictive and smart search told available all over the place

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

I could (probably) whip this up in a few hours if people were really interested. Just Y!JP?
                    rakuten as well please, thanks.

-

Comment

• Edward B
                      • Nov 2010

CCP 05 SS tailored collar jacket (44/ black)

good condition

Comment

• Edward B
                        • Nov 2010

Carpe Diem suede jacket

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

Edit: I'm going to give this a quick try this weekend. If you have any feature requests other than a little button beside listings to hide it in the future, please PM me.
                          If you could do this for ebay, to work in tandem with an advanced search, now that would be awesome.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Now we're talking! Service to community.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• curiouscharles
                              • Jan 2008

[IF] it wasn't suede
                              [THEN]

-

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Now we're talking! Service to community.
                                See, I like this idea better and I mostly make retail buys. I like to go through sales threads on ebay and sz/sufu/styleforum from time to time and part of the fun is seeing what people are reselling.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎