X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ntropy
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
    chaosen - unless there's a BIN option don't post ebay finds until the last day. There's 8 days left on those shorts. Who knows where the prices will be when they sell.
    there are people who don't check stylezeitgeist every single day but may be interested in an item on ebay. if he waited till the last day then it would give an opportunity window of 24 hours max to see the post here and then place the bid.

I don't think "Good finds" necessarily requires a "good" price. It could be something that's rare but still expensive. the "expensiveness" of an item is subjective.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
      Banned
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Ntropy View Post
      there are people who don't check stylezeitgeist every single day but may be interested in an item on ebay. if he waited till the last day then it would give an opportunity window of 24 hours max to see the post here and then place the bid.

I don't think "Good finds" necessarily requires a "good" price. It could be something that's rare but still expensive. the "expensiveness" of an item is subjective.
      It was a Rick jacket (not exactly the hardest designer to find) from f/w 2011, not even 2 years ago. The auction had like 8 days left when he posted it and for the record is now over $1300 with 25 bids on it with over a day left. The other auction was some shirtless, barefoot, fat guy wearing a pair of womens drkshdw shorts with probably no underwear on. Don't think they qualify as "Good finds". Could be wrong.

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

That dude wasn't fat, the shorts actually looked kinda fierce, I thought.
        Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• cmitso412
          • Feb 2010

As the poster should not be invested in the pieces, its not about getting high prices for rare items. If it's so rare, it will garner attention within the last 24 hours. When I post something, I would rather it go to a regular poster who has given back to the community rather than a lurker who just takes. There are plenty of regular poster with the means to jump on rare pieces within the last day or so.

Originally posted by Ntropy View Post

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

^Exactly.
            Yes, there are people who don't check it everyday. I am one of them. I have no interest in something that will likely go up greatly in price if I can even remember the damn thing a week later.
            I agree that price isn't everything that dictates a good find. It's a Rick jacket, though. That's about as rare as Supreme shit anymore.

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

It's hard for some people to determine what the standard is for a good find though. What we call "common knowledge" is not common in any sense of the word, beyond this small community.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Ntropy
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                It was a Rick jacket (not exactly the hardest designer to find) from f/w 2011, not even 2 years ago. The auction had like 8 days left when he posted it and for the record is now over $1300 with 25 bids on it with over a day left. The other auction was some shirtless, barefoot, fat guy wearing a pair of womens drkshdw shorts with probably no underwear on. Don't think they qualify as "Good finds". Could be wrong.
                Originally posted by cmitso412 View Post
                As the poster should not be invested in the pieces, its not about getting high prices for rare items. If it's so rare, it will garner attention within the last 24 hours. When I post something, I would rather it go to a regular poster who has given back to the community rather than a lurker who just takes. There are plenty of regular poster with the means to jump on rare pieces within the last day or so.
                Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                ^Exactly.
                Yes, there are people who don't check it everyday. I am one of them. I have no interest in something that will likely go up greatly in price if I can even remember the damn thing a week later.
                I agree that price isn't everything that dictates a good find. It's a Rick jacket, though. That's about as rare as Supreme shit anymore.
                i didn't say the links that the guy posted were good or rare or anything.

I simply said that Peasant's policy "to only post ebay links within the auction's final 24 hours" makes no sense. The point of this thread is to raise awareness about items available for purchase. restricting a person to only share a link to an ebay item within its final 24 hours would be counterintuitive to that.

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

Dude.. I'm not here to enforce or create rules but generally its a good rule of thumb. Especially given the piece in question. Fuckin relax.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

it's a simple term, good finds.. i usually associate that w/ a find that's better than the price being asked, but if it's an auction and it's just starting to me that's not even a find, the value hasn't been decided, I find those posts completely useless and only used i would imagine to pad ur post totals so u can sell here or post in the waywt. either that or that simple term's definition eludes u.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

There are plenty of people who post stuff on here all the time, literally just to help people out. If you see something that's a "good find" and that you aren't planning on buying, then you should post it since it takes like 1.5 seconds to cut and paste and it helps the community.

Also, as we all know, often sellers end auctions early by privately messaging back and forth on Ebay before the end of an auction. In fact, lots of people on this board do that on Ebay all the time because you see the clothing advertised here and simultaneously on Ebay. I recently wanted to buy a nice Julius jacket that got pulled by the seller that way like days after the auction was up, even though I had already placed a bid. *cough* So you should indeed post it early or it might be gone before the auction ends. Logically, on Ebay 24 hours is just as useless as 24 days or even the last 24 seconds. It's the last second and/or the highest bid that matters and you can set up sniper sites to post for you if you've got a busy career or a roaring ketamine addiction.

So, the point should be to post "good finds" to help others on the forum, but as always, people do like to complain and over complicate things on here.

Let's all have the weekly ethics of buying and re-selling debate or the "let's bash all the people who have less than 100 posts because they are all clearly terrorists" debate for the 6795th time.

Comment

• ambrosian
                        • Dec 2012

just because you associate it with that doesn't mean everyone else does. good finds are subjective with regards to price. simple definition indeed.

I think the 24 hour thing is an interesting point, but i'm sure there are a few members who would rather 'lurk', or merely enjoy the free flow of information and knowledge more than contributing to said info (for whatever reasons), which is no bad thing. plus I highly doubt that there are many, if any, people that sign up to SZ just to get in on the highly revered good finds thread

in the end, the price may or may not increase greatly over those few days from which the item was posted, and it's always nice to just keep tabs on a piece to see if this will happen.

tbh i'm still upset that someone posted that carpe cape/cloak thing here I wanted it all to myself.
                        street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• chaosen
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                          Get off my back, there's plenty of items I've posted in here that other members have had interest in and asked me to take down - and ultimately that's the goal, hopefully I've helped somebody win a good auction along the way - isn't that the point of the thread? I'm not saying everything that I've posted here is a gold mine, but I post these items so members here can have early awareness of the auction. I don't see you helping out in this thread so gtfo.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

the concept for a "good find" is purely subjective, and often there are questionable items posted (priced over retail, etc.), but really, it's all in the eye of the beholder, and no one is going to die if someone posts something that's not your cup of tea, or has too many days left in the auction.

that being said, no, I don't personally agree that something with a week left on auction (that isn't difficult to come by) is worth posting. the kangaroo rick jacket isn't something you see everyday, so I understood why it popped up here. the sneakers, not so much.

ps - toronto boys need to be nicer to each other...I know it's fucking miserable here right now, but relax!
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• eleven crows
                              • Mar 2011

Enough talk.

m.a+ canvas over leather laced boots in 42 with a bin of $550 AUD.

Comment

• qazwsx
                                • Feb 2012

m.a+ classic staple derbz in kangaroo leather for only 725cad?!

wish they were a 42...

New to here but sold a lot with 100% feeback on Ebay and other Forum like SF. I am selling this Ma+ Staple Derbies in 44 to fund other purchase. I just wore it 3 times. MINT condition. http://www.styleforu...3-44-quick-sale message me here or on SF if you have any questions.
                                "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎