Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

I can't seem to see the images of the CH.

Yes there are a shitload of fakes out there. I remember seeing while cabinets full at the night markets in Seoul. Interest has been piqued in the Asian market mostly due to Big Bang and G dragon, so I've come to discover.

Dont most (or even all)of the jewellery designers tht we discuss here use .925 silver as their key material?
    CH also use 22k yellow gold, white gold and platinum.

I know Nico uterryhaegen (can't spell his name for shit), uses alpaca which is a cheaper more malleable alloy.

Back to CH. Each piece is hallmarked (depending on the country it was original bought in) and has a date that the first mould was made (not necessarily the first time the item was cast). Sometimes there are two dates. This is because the original mould may have been developed an changed slightly. There is also the branding in the inside. With the chains and bracelets it would be harder to do good copies, because each link is engraved individually with .925 and the branding.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
      I can't seem to see the images of the CH.

Yes there are a shitload of fakes out there. I remember seeing while cabinets full at the night markets in Seoul. Interest has been piqued in the Asian market mostly due to Big Bang and G dragon, so I've come to discover.

Dont most (or even all)of the jewellery designers tht we discuss here use .925 silver as their key material?
      CH also use 22k yellow gold, white gold and platinum.

I know Nico uterryhaegen (can't spell his name for shit), uses alpaca which is a cheaper more malleable alloy.

Back to CH. Each piece is hallmarked (depending on the country it was original bought in) and has a date that the first mould was made (not necessarily the first time the item was cast). Sometimes there are two dates. This is because the original mould may have been developed an changed slightly. There is also the branding in the inside. With the chains and bracelets it would be harder to do good copies, because each link is engraved individually with .925 and the branding.
      0.925 would indeed be the most common to use... it's what I use and pretty much everyone else on here including MA+. Thanks for the info regarding CH, everything you list there though can easily be replicated. I myself have a 0.925 stamp that I need to use on each one of my silver works which I place myself and if someone had one of these they could easily mark anything as sterling you know?
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

Completely agree with you. In the states hall marking legislation is all over the place. In England for instance, where hallmarks originated, it is very stringent, as it is in France and few other countries.

If something is cast from a mould taken from an original, would it still be considered a fake?
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post

If something is cast from a mould taken from an original, would it still be considered a fake?
          Haha, interesting thought!
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cowsareforeating
            • Jan 2011

if a fake is falsely displayed as the original, and the original is lost to the annals of time....

is the fake still fake or is it now the original if nobody notices the difference?

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
              if a fake is falsely displayed as the original, and the original is lost to the annals of time....

is the fake still fake or is it now the original if nobody notices the difference?
              this reminds me of the beginning of notebooks on cities and clothes by wim wenders where he is talking about film and photography. one of my favorite things uttered by wim.

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

If the designer leaves but the company keeps producing the same item, is it fake? If they change the color, is it fake then?
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Wax
                  • Sep 2009

probably too late for everyone as it ends in 2 mins but only at 365 GBP

Rick owens STooges !! S

Comment

• SlightRight
                    • Mar 2011

RO double layer short tee, epic price!

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SlightRight View Post
                      thanks!

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ F U!! Been looking for one forever.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arya
                          • Jun 2013

I am not sure if it is the right place to ask, but I have a chance to buy these wedges from my friend's colleague. She claims she bought them some years ago at Antonioli in Milan.

I am not familar with if there are fake RO wedges out there, but I am always worried to be cheated. I owe a pair of RO sandals, so I am not sure whether or not I will be able to compare them with these wedges once I see them, but do they look original to you? Is it an older model? What shall I examine when looking at them? I especially wonder about the lining behind and the buttons on the piece of leather that covers the zip.

If anybody can help, I'd be very thankful.

Comment

• newp
                            • Feb 2013

Legit checks thread is here.
                            They look legit by the way.

Comment

• Arya
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
                              Legit checks thread is here.
                              They look legit by the way.
                              Thank you very much. I moved the post overthere.

Would you be so kind and tell me, what (in your eyes) makes them look legit?

Comment

• Void
                                • Feb 2010

not quite my style but i figured someone here might appreciate these

carpe diem leather pants, dark brown, approx 30.3" waist, $330+shipping, etc

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎