• Mar 2009

Guidi reverse calf backzips - $375
      Black: 43.5, 44
      Brown: 43, 43.5, 44

(I have no affiliation with this shop)

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Dont quote me on it but I think they're the 986 model from when I was last there. I wish they carried the 988s or the 986 in standard calf. They may still have some of the derbys as well. Was just in Austin last weekend, should have stopped by.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kuriz
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
          ^I sold that here brand new for less than half that shipped to Germany

I actually think it was me who bought it. I was about to write that it was a bit pricey but then again I guess that's not really up for me to decide what people think is pricey.

Comment

• Dawn
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            Dont quote me on it but I think they're the 986 model from when I was last there. I wish they carried the 988s or the 986 in standard calf. They may still have some of the derbys as well. Was just in Austin last weekend, should have stopped by.
            Yeah, they are the 986 model. The derby is the 992 model in kangaroo, which sold for $260. Both models just found its way to the classifieds for those interested ;)

Shop also had 995T in horse grain for $220. Too bad nothing in my size.

Comment

• gnow
              • Jun 2010

Wtf. I wanted to buy those, or one of those but it was sold (not surprisingly). Now I see it on classifieds already at 3x the price. I'm not so surprised by this tbh, but didnt expect the flipping to be so soon.

Comment

• newp
                • Feb 2013

Haha, I would be so mad about it. Too bad I am 47 in Guidis.

Comment

• dmash
                  • Jun 2011

Well, I'm not trying to be shady nor scheme against other SZ'ers whatsoever. I have bought and sold multiple things on here over the past years know a fair amount of people on this board. Since this situation apparently needs clarification, I will offer it. In a nutshell, I had a financial aid bombshell dropped on me and am trying to figure out how to pay it.

My dilemma with the footwear in question is that I got both pairs with the intent of using them myself. I am sort of in a mindset of 'how much value do they hold to me', catalyzed now by the fact I have this financial burden to take care of.

I personally know individuals who have paid 20-40% over my price for each of those, so I feel that even though I'm technically selling at a profit, I'm still selling for under the price of almost every retailer I'm aware of for those exact models. Last year I paid around $800 for the exact same pair of kangaroo derbies and thought I was getting a good deal. At that point in time, I would of been ecstatic for someone to offer me the shoes at a $150 discount.
                  Last edited by dmash; 07-12-2013, 07:00 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

I believe people are mad because they wanted to buy it for ourselves to wear but a certain someone has bought it just for flipping instead.

Comment

• dmash
                      • Jun 2011

as stated.........I bought them to use personally, and will be retracting my listing if I can find other ways to get rid of my current predicament. I didn't go to some retailer and buy out the stock of different models in multiple sizes. It was (in the realm of things) a small personal purchase intended for myself.

*For future, please PM me in any regards to the matter. My original response should be sufficient for anyone curious on the matter, but I will gladly engage in friendly conversation via PM concerning the matter with any member.
                      Last edited by dmash; 07-12-2013, 07:09 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity

Comment

• josecc
                        • Feb 2012

Y Project trouser, Size 50, Black, Ramie/Wool, £76:

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I think everyone that flips shit instead of selling out of their own closet should have some decency and donate to SZ. If you are doing business, do business.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by dmash View Post
                            Well, I'm not trying to be shady nor scheme against other SZ'ers whatsoever. I have bought and sold multiple things on here over the past years know a fair amount of people on this board. Since this situation apparently needs clarification, I will offer it. In a nutshell, I had a financial aid bombshell dropped on me and am trying to figure out how to pay it.
                            Originally posted by dmash
                            Both pairs are brand new in box, black, size 44 and lined. The 986 boots are reverse calf while the derbies are kangaroo. I am in no rush to sell, as I can't make up mind whether to keep these or let them go.

Comment

• onijo84
                              • May 2011

I am not surprised at all that has happened with the Guidis that were on sale by Barrett. Time and time again we hear that classic reason justifying the asking price of what was acquired at a fraction.

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

OJ.. nice. This argument always comes up. I don't see a problem with making money off finds. But damn.. just be upfront and honest about it. No shame that way. "I thought I wanted all 8 Faliero scarves but none of them are working for me." Bullshit. You're just getting it while you can.
                                And yeah.. donate. We've all saved bank on eBay fees.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎