X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I did too, Albert. Maybe I'll get a chance to stop by this weekend. If it's not gone before (SZ effect and all)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

yes could be m.a+... looks more like it and both my leather shirts are baby locked, but cant see a '+' anywhere ... would be on the sleeve surely but its probably just the pics.

Comment

• curiouscharles
        • Jan 2008

wow, crazy coincidence, but we just received one of these from a consignor at re. porter as well.

there's definitely no silver + on it anywhere, which led me to believe it was potentially a linea / sartoria piece - but there's none of the signature details present that would solidify that suspicion.

if i have time in the next few days i'll be happy to share some pictures from the studio - definitely a curiosity this one.

edit: fwiw - this is from the same consignor who sent us the epic sartoria bison leather piece we sold awhile back...

Originally posted by snafu View Post
        Carpe / Linea / Satoria jacket ...

pit to pit 21" but i think better suited for a 48 or slim 50 knowing cdiem.

Would like to know if anyone can share light on this piece... looks like its the pointed collar which you are supposed to cut to the height you want, the baby locking around the collar seems to match the seaming in the back, so was this done in studio? Were they ever produced like this? One piece body/collar construction.

But no tag pics... i doubt it ever had them/ or they were stitched in. The buttons don't look like usual cdiem leather piece ones or normally there are hooks on most leathers. Anyway interesting piece the detailing even on the cuff is nice: all in all makes me think its legit. But someone who knows a bit more might shed some light.

-

Comment

• orphée
          • Apr 2008

Sleekness and seam on back are reminiscent of Devoa, but buttons not quite as much...

Comment

• thedreambelow
            Banned
            • Sep 2011

I will have to agree with some of what has been stated in that the closest thing seems to be m.a+. Initially it seemed like the buttons were closer to some used in the linea/sartoria leather goods, but they are the smooth sort seen in m.a+ pieces, shirt-jackets, etc. The cut in the shoulders/back seems like something amadei might do, not so much sartoria, etc.

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

where is the pic from ... iv seen uttons like on old linea samples, but the jacket in the auction looks to have more regular horn/plastic buttons.

Comment

• docus
                • Dec 2010

It's not quite as raw as many Linea pieces... It looks more like some of the Sartoria pieces, but without certain elements... I agree that it resembles m.a+, but to me it looks like something between Sartoria and m.a+... Perhaps an early m.a+ prototype? Or a late Sartoria experiment that Amadei went on to elaborate in later work? Interesting find!

Comment

• schemedream
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I did too, Albert. Maybe I'll get a chance to stop by this weekend. If it's not gone before (SZ effect and all)
                  I can guess, but can you explain what you mean by the SZ effect?

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

snafu is right - regular plastic / horn buttons, no different than those used across a myriad of Carpe & m.a+ pieces.

docus - your thinking mirrors mine, although i don't see how this could be a prototype if there's [at least] two of these in existence [from completely different parts of the world, no less]

i'm leaning more towards m.a+ the further we explore this [combination of buttons, seam detailing between the shoulder blades, shawl-like collar, quasi-awkward volume around the chest in general], but am still curious as to anybody else's potential input.

-

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

where did your consignee pick it up from G?
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

I would guess its around the end of cdiem... maybe a work of amadei when the company was shutting its doors.

People picked through the piece and took what they felt what belonged to them, or what they could come away with. I think this left Altieri with part of the hermit nature. (please know this is only my guess and from stories/tales iv heard)

Either way im pretty sure its not from m.a+ as iv known all the pieces from the very start of his company to have his silver staples. But it looks like his work... but one thing that is making me uncertain is the placement of the shoulder seam normally linea and sartoria pieces the seam was directed more backwards to the end point of a shoulder blade not so regular as on this piece.

Whatever the piece is, it looks nice, leather looks of beautiful quality, full grain matt finnish (which again looks like m.a+, as well with the button hole detailing) the rolled lapels are beautiful. The price is very fair also.
                        But wrong time of the year for this piece, leather is always hard to layer, it sits between a shit & jacket, no pockets etc, good to wear with a m.a+ bag or some pant with pockets (no idea where altieri or his team put the money, keys and spliff's when they wore their stuff)

If it would fit me, since its black: goes with anything, id take the plunge.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                          • Jan 2008

if only he knew...

when one balls for real, it's hard to keep track of where & when one has balled, nah'm say'n?

-

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
                            I can guess, but can you explain what you mean by the SZ effect?
                            Usually things posted in this thread sell out very quickly.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blackfedora
                              • Jan 2012

The SZ effect is in good working order, just as Faust predicted.
                              Last edited by blackfedora; 10-30-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• mike
                                • Dec 2006

luster destroyed leather sz 48 for cheap

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡